{ 84 }

── ──

"We'd really appreciate your help on spreading the word." Hermione looked at Y/n as Y/n looked over some Quidditch plays.

"And he's agreed? To teach a bunch of kids?" Y/n asked, flipping a page in her notepad, never once looking up.

"Not exactly..." Ron began to speak.

"I'll do it, no worries." She closed the notepad, smiling softly. "Where should I tell them to meet?"

"Next Hogsmeade, Hog's Head pub." Hermione whispered, wary of any listeners.

"Hog's Head? Why not The Three Broomsticks?"

"Because students rarely go to Hog's Head so we wouldn't be overheard."

"Makes sense... okay, I'll spread the word."

"And, keep it small."

Y/n nodded firmly, before looking back to her notepad.

── ──

Y/n spread the word around to a few students. The first ones she told were her friends and immediately they agreed.

She then told Ginny who told Luna. She managed to inform Cho and the Patil twins. And they all agreed.

The idea seemed to be popular amongst people.

More people were informed and by the time that the next Hogsmeade trip came, they all now had plans to meet in the Hog's Head.

── ──

Y/n walked hand in hand with Fred as they made their way to the Hog's Head pub. George and Lee walked beside them whilst Alicia and Angelina walked ahead of them.

"This place is sketchy, you sure this is a good idea?" Angelina looked back to her friend. Y/n shrugged slightly, smiling awkwardly.

The group of six walked in, and ahead of them was a group of people already. The barman seemed stunned to see this many people in his pub.

Y/n could recognize a few students but there were also a few she'd never seen before.

"Hi, can we have," Fred turned and began to count heads. "Twenty-five Butterbeers, please?"

The barman grumbled and threw the rag down as he began to fill up glasses of Butterbeer. Fred began to pass the glasses around.

"Cough up, everyone, I don't have enough gold for all of these." He collected money from everyone. "Cheers." He told them.

Y/n stared at the Butterbeer, afraid to drink from the glass that seemed to have never been properly cleaned.

The chatter eventually quieted down as they all began to look at Hermione, Harry, and Ron.

"Er," said Hermione, her voice slightly higher than usual out of nerves. "Well - er - hi."

The group focused its attention on her instead, though eyes continued to dart back regularly to Harry.

"Well... erm... well, you know why you're here. Erm... well, Harry here had the idea - I mean" (Harry had thrown her a sharp look) "I had the idea - that it might be good if people who wanted to study Defence Against the Dark Arts - and I mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge is doing with us" (Hermione's voice became suddenly much stronger and more confident) "- because nobody could call that Defence Against the Dark Arts" ('Hear, hear,' said Anthony Goldstein, and Hermione looked heartened) "- Well, I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands."