𝟏𝟎𝟏- 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐦 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬

── ──

"To my darling and noble wife,
I write to you from the trenches of war.
I fear my life may be over soon.

Let not the tale of my flight to freedom and my sacrifice be in vain. Tell the story of my life.
For it was a good one.

I leave to you, my wife, my legacy.
My brother is gone.
I am next.

I apologize for the water, I shed some tears.
From your courageous, virtuous, honorable, attractive, and noble husband.

With great love I bid you farewell.

Fred Weasley."

Y/n laughed as she read the letter out loud to her friends, a few tears of laughter spilling out. She knew what the letter meant.

He faced the consequences of his actions. His mother found out and clearly the two twins got in trouble.

"Once Mrs. Wealsey's letter makes it past Umbridge's screening, she's going to tear your heads off," Angelina laughed as she looked at Ron and Y/n.

"We didn't even know about it!" Ron argued, grumbling. "She can't possibly be mad at us."

"If she is, it's certainly not as angry as she is with those two. They've been on thin ice since... well, always, actually..." Y/n hummed in amusement as she laughed, putting the letter away.

"It'll be my fault Fred and George left, you wait," said Ron darkly. "She'll say I should've stopped them leaving, I should've grabbed the ends of their brooms and hung on or something... yeah, it'll be all my fault."

"Well, if she does say that it'll be very unfair, you couldn't have done anything! But I'm sure she won't, I mean, if it's really true they've got premises in Diagon Alley, they must have been planning this for ages."

"Yeah, but that's another thing, how did they get premises?" said Ron, and they turned to look at Y/n. Y/n leaned back in her seat, crossing one leg over the other as she crossed her arms.

"Well..." She drew out her words in suspense before she shrugged, "I have no idea." She smiled innocently as she glanced at Harry who was staying quiet.

"Mum wants to know what they've been up to and how they got their hands on some gold." Ron said, a bit bitterly. "I wonder if Mundungus has persuaded them to sell stolen goods—"

"He hasn't." Harry and Y/n cut in, speaking in a curtly tone of voice.

"How do you know?" Hermione and Ron asked together.

Harry hesitated before answering, "Because I gave them my Triwizard winnings last June.."

"Harry, you didn't!" Hermione said in shock. "This is excellent!" Ron laughed triumphantly. "That means this is all your fault, Mum can't blame me! Can I tell her?" He gleefully said.

Y/n watched them all with amusement before turning her head to see Lee dramatically reenacting the letter Fred sent. In the end Lee dropped to the floor, rubbing his backside.