Tonto #1

Imagine you having a nightmare and Tonto comforts you.

You were running as fast as you could through the dark woods, panting and whimpering. It felt like you've been running for hours as there was something around the woods chasing after you. Twigs were snapping nearby, making you realize that whatever was chasing you was getting closer. 'Somebody help me!' You thought to yourself, as tears began to form in your eyes.

But your thoughts were soon interrupted when you tripped over a rock and fell down on the dirt. You winced in pain as you felt a scrape on your leg as you were sitting up. Then, suddenly, you heard a nearby growl that surrounded you from where you were at. You looked around to see what it was, but the figure was well hidden within the shadows of the trees. You whimpered and the tears started falling down your cheeks as you started crawling backwards when a dark, monstrous beast figure, slowly, appeared from the shadows. You couldn't see what it was, but it looked like a gaunt skeleton, with antlers, large claws, and a skeletal face. When it slightly appeared into the moonlight, it looked like the legendary Wendigo.

As it was getting closer towards you, all you could do was yell out, "Help me!" Before you knew it, the Wendigo charged towards you, with you closing your eyes and your scream echoing all around. Afterwards, you were quickly surrounded by darkness.

***

You shot up out of bed, with a gasp and tears running down your cheeks. Taking deep breaths, you looked at your surroundings and you were relieved that you were in your bedroom at your brother, John Reid's, cabin in the woods and what happened just now was all a nightmare. But you still cried, softly, because the nightmare of the Wendigo chasing after you felt so realistic, especially when you felt alone and there was no one there to save you.

It was still dark outside, but you couldn't go back to sleep. In fact, you didn't want to be alone in your bedroom as you were seeing flashbacks of the nightmare and hearing the echoing sounds of your screams that would seem like they'll never go away. You got up out of bed, put on your (f/c) robe, and walked out of your bedroom to look for the guest bedroom, where Tonto, a Native American Comanche with a painted black-and-white face whom you and John had met a week earlier, was staying in. He was also the one who you have recently developed a crush on after he had saved you from outlaw, Butch Cavendish, and he's been very kind and protective of you if any danger would ever come to you.

Once you have found the guest bedroom, you opened the door and walked in, where Tonto was sleeping, peacefully, over the covers on the bed. It was a relief to have the bright moonlight shining in the room so that you could see where you were going. You walked up to him and you, gently, started shaking him on his shoulder to wake him up. "Tonto? Tonto?" You said, in a soft tone voice, as you continued shaking him.

Then, you stopped shaking him once he started groaning and stretched a little bit as he was beginning to wake up. After he was done stretching, he opened his eyes and he saw you standing next to him. "(y/n)? Why are you out of your bed? Are you okay?" He asked, groggily. "Not really, Tonto. I had a horrible nightmare and I can't go back to sleep and I don't want to be alone. Is it okay if I can sleep in here with you tonight?" You asked. "You are most welcome to sleep in here tonight." Tonto answered.

Afterwards, he scooted over so there was enough room for you and, then, he lifted the bedsheets up before he patted on the bed. You crawled into bed with him and he covered you with the bedsheets. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer towards him before you snuggled against his bare slightly muscular side, which you blush.

"What happened in your nightmare, sweet (y/n)?" Tonto asked, as he stroked your shoulder, gently, with his thumb. "I was all alone in the woods and I was being chased by a Wendigo and there was no around, not you or my brother, to save me. It felt so real, Tonto. I thought the Wendigo was gonna get me." You said, trembling a little, and you hid your face against Tonto, . "Aw, (y/n). Sweet, beautiful girl." Tonto said, as he wrapped his other arm around you and comforted you. As you were trying to hold back the tears, Tonto hushed you and rubbed your shoulder. "How bad dreams can be so real, especially when one involves a Wendigo. Wendigo is bad. It is evil. A Wendigo must never harm a pretty girl like you." He said, softly, while he was stroking the back of your (h/l) (h/c) hair with his other hand.

Then, after a minute of stroking your hair, he placed a finger under your chin and he lifted your head up so that you were facing him. "I promise you, (y/n), I will never let a Wendigo hurt you. I will protect you with my life to make sure that no harm must never come to you." He said, with pride in his attractive voice. "You promise, Tonto?" You asked. "I promise, my sweet, beautiful (y/n)." He said, as he brushed your hair out of your face and ran his fingers through your hair. Hearing Tonto's kind, sweet words towards you helped grow a smile on your face and it made you snuggle more against him. He smiled and laid his head down next to you on the pillow.

There was nothing but silence for a couple of minutes as you were still awake, thinking of something. After hesitating for a moment, you lifted your head up and looked down at Tonto, who was beginning to fall back to sleep. "Tonto?" You said. He opened his eyes and looked up at you, curiously. "Yes, (y/n)?" He questioned. Then, without saying a word, you leaned down and pressed your lips against his. Tonto was surprised, at first, but, then, he kissed you back, while he placed his other hand behind the back of your head as if he waited a long time to do this. It felt wonderful to finally kiss Tonto as he was kissing you with love and tenderness.

Moments later, you pulled away from the kiss and you snuggled your head against Tonto's shoulder and said, "Thank you for making feel better and for being in my life, Tonto." Then, you closed your eyes and fell completely asleep. After you said that, Tonto smiled even more and he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on your forehead. "You're welcome, my sweet, beautiful (y/n)." He whispered, and, then, he wrapped his other arm around you and held you close to him as he fell completely asleep, with you sleeping in his arms that held you protectively throughout the night.