Barnabas Collins #6

Imagine you're pregnant and Barnabas Collins takes care of you.

*Requested by deenie05*

Almost a year ago, you were hired as a governess by Elizabeth Collins to tutor Carolyn and David at the Collinwood manor. Two weeks later, you met Barnabas Collins, a member of the Collins family and who you, secretly, learned that he's a cursed vampire from the eighteenth century. Even though he's a vampire, you still found him very attractive by the way he looks, dresses, and talks. He even found you very pretty when he first met you. After getting to know each other for a while, you and Barnabas became a very close couple.

Two months later, after you and Barnabas had a special evening together, you were starting to feel sick all the time, especially in the mornings. Barnabas became so concerned about you being sick all the time that he eventually requested you to go see the family doctor, Dr. Julia Hoffman. She ran some tests on you and she said that you were healthy and was also two months pregnant. You and Barnabas were in complete shock and confused after she said that because you didn't know how it was possible for you to get pregnant from a vampire. But even if you both were shocked by this unexpected news, you and Barnabas were happy to know that you both were gonna be parents.

During your pregnancy, it's been a bit of a struggle, but you were still enjoying every moment of it. Whenever you were hungry or craving for something, mainly pickles or chocolate ice cream, Barnabas and Willie, the family's caretaker, would serve whatever you requested on a tray for you. Sometimes, when your feet would start to swell or whenever your back was aching, Barnabas would make you feel better and comfortable by massaging you. Barnabas has been a little overprotective on taking care of you and looking after you during your pregnancy, even when it was the littlest things, like walking down the stairs, because he didn't want anything to happen to you or the baby, but it made you smile because you knew that he's gonna be a wonderful father.

***

Seven months later...

You were sitting on the couch in the manor library, currently nine months pregnant, taking a break from reading your favorite book. You looked at your very swollen abdomen and rubbed it, gently, in small circles, with a smile on your face. There was only two more weeks left until the due date and you and Barnabas couldn't wait another day to meet your little bundle of joy. You and Barnabas didn't know what the gender of the baby was since you both wanted to be surprised. Barnabas said that if it's a boy, he decided the name 'Joshua' after his late father, while you decided the name 'Nancy' if it's a girl.

Moments later, you heard the library door open and you looked up and saw Barnabas walking towards you. "Hi, Barnabas." You said. "Hello, my dear (y/n). How are you doing?" Barnabas asked. "I'm doing good, darling." "Excellent. How is our child doing?" "Great. Kicking a bit, but is still doing fine." You answered. "Wonderful. I'm glad to hear that. Has your back or your feet been hurting you?" He asked, curiously. You groaned a bit as you placed your hand on the lower part of your back and said, "Come to think about it, my back is aching a little bit." Barnabas, then, sat down next to you and said, "Turn around and let me massage you, (y/n)." You nodded and, carefully, turned around so that your back was facing Barnabas. He, then, placed his hands on the lower part of your back and, gently, started massaging it with his thumbs.

You closed your eyes and sighed, in relief, as you relaxed from Barnabas' touch. "Does it feel better, my dear (y/n)?" Barnabas asked. "Mm. It feels great, Barnabas. My back is a lot better. You have such wonderful, strong hands." You said. He chuckled and said, "I didn't know I had wonderful hands." He stopped massaging your back and you let out another sigh before he helped you lay back against the couch. "Thanks, Barnabas." You said, while you placed both of your hands on your abdomen, feeling relaxed. "You're welcome, my dear (y/n)." He said.

There was nothing but silence for a few seconds until you spoke. "Only two more weeks until our baby is born, Barnabas." You said, excitedly. He smiled and looked down at your abdomen before he placed his hand on top of it and, lightly, patted it. "I know, darling. I am beyond excited to see our baby very soon." He said. "But I'm very nervous about giving birth, Barnabas. I'm nervous about the pain I'm gonna go through. Also, we won't even know if our child is human or a vampire after it's born." You said, taking a deep breath and letting it out. "Aw, sweetheart." Barnabas said, softly, as he tucked a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) hair behind your ear and, lightly, brushed his knuckles on your cheek.

"There's no need to be nervous about giving birth. I assure you that everything will be all right. What truly matters is that our baby will be born and we will officially become a family." He said. Your heart started fluttering after Barnabas made you feel better about giving birth and mentioning about becoming a family. "You're right, Barnabas. I shouldn't be nervous because I'll be overjoyed to see our baby than focusing on the pain." You said. "Just focus on those birthing hips and our baby will be born quicker." Barnabas added. You laughed and said, "Why do you always talk about my birthing hips?" Barnabas shrugged his shoulders, which made you laugh more. Then, you stopped and wipe a tear under your eye from laughing. "Also, no matter what, we'll still love our child, even if it's human or a vampire." Barnabas said. You nodded and said, "You're right about that one too. Our child will be unique to us."

Then, you exclaimed when you felt a kick in your abdomen. Barnabas looked at you, concerned. "What is it, (y/n)? Are you alright? Is it time to have the baby?" He asked, anxiously. You chuckled at his reaction before you answered, "I'm fine, Barnabas, and it's not time to have the baby. It just kicked, that's all." "Ooh. I wanna feel the baby kick." He said, and, then, he placed his hand on top of your abdomen and tried feeling the baby kick. But nothing happened, which was making him bummed. "The baby won't kick for me, (y/n). I don't think it likes me." He said, sadly. "Of course our baby loves you, Barnabas. Maybe if you talk to the baby, it'll kick for you." You suggested. "I shall give it a try, darling." He said, before he placed his other hand on top of your abdomen and leaned down and spoke, softly, at it.

"Hello, sweetheart. It's your daddy. I want you to know that your mother and I are very excited to see you soon when you are born into this world. It seems like only yesterday when your mother and I found out that we were gonna be parents. It was a shock for the both of us at first, but afterwards, it became the happiest moment of our lives. I...I want you to know that your mother and I love you very, very much, sweet bundle of joy." Barnabas said, softly and sweetly, to your abdomen, while rubbing it, gently, with one of his hands, before he leaned down and gave your abdomen a kiss. You giggled, softly, as you looked down and listened to him, while you ran your fingers through his dark brown hair.

Then, you felt another kick and Barnabas gasped, quietly, and looked up at you. "The baby kicked for me, (y/n)." He said. You smiled and said, "I told you the baby would kick for you, darling. It can hear your beautiful voice." Barnabas, then, sat up and looked at you, with a smile on his face, and whispered, "I love you, (y/n)." "And I love you too, Barnabas." You whispered back, and, then, you both leaned forward and kissed each other. The baby kicked again and you pulled away from the kiss, laughing. "Looks like our baby interrupted our kiss, Barnabas." You said. "Ooh. Somebody doesn't like it when mommy and daddy kiss." Barnabas said, jokingly, and you, playfully, smacked his upper arm and it made Barnabas chuckled. "I was joking." He added.

"Mm. Barnabas, I'm, suddenly, craving for a chocolate milkshake, with whipped cream and a cherry on top, and a pickle on the side." You said, rubbing your abdomen, feeling thirsty and hungry. "Well, I will be more than happy to request a chocolate milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry on top and a pickle on the side to Willie for you before I paint your toenails with your favorite color nail polish." Barnabas said. You sighed and said, "That would be awesome, Barnabas. Thank you. I want my toenails to look pretty while I give birth." Barnabas chuckled and, then, he helped you stand up from the couch. "And I thought I was as you would say 'weird' when I talk about your birthing hips." "You are, Barnabas." You said, jokingly. "Come along now, sweetheart." He said, as he walked you out of the library.