Barnabas Collins #1

Imagine you're having a nightmare and Barnabas Collins comforts you.

It's been two months since you've moved in the Collinwood mansion. You moved there because there was a job opening as a maid at the mansion for the Collins family. You enjoy working as a maid and you've gotten along with everyone, especially with Barnabas Collins, a distant relative of the Collins family.

When you first met Barnabas when you moved in, you thought he seemed really strange because of the way he looked. His pale skin, his dark brown eyes, his dark black hair, his long fingers with sharp nails, and the way he dresses like he's from the eighteenth century.

But, eventually, he told you that he's actually a vampire that was cursed and buried in a coffin for two centuries. You promised that you wouldn't tell anyone about him and he promised that he won't harm you. Sooner or later, you've developed feelings for him since he's been sweet and kind to you and he also promised to keep you safe.

***

It was late, stormy night as you were sleeping in your queen-size bed. While you were sleeping, you were whimpering and rolling a bit in your bed. You were having a nightmare.

"No!" You screamed, as you woke up and sat up, with tears running down your cheeks. You breathed heavily as you looked around your room. You were relieved that the nightmare was over, but you were still frightened.

Then, you heard your bedroom door open. You looked to the direction and you saw Barnabas, in his robe, standing at your door, with a worried expression on his face. "(y/n), my dear, are you alright?" He asked. You shook your head and began crying, with your hands covering your face.

While you were crying, you were, suddenly, lifted up, in a bridal style, by a pair of arms. You glanced up and saw Barnabas climbing up onto your bed, with you in his arms, and he set you down on his lap. After that, you leaned your head against his shoulder as you continued crying. Barnabas wrapped his arms around you and held you close to him. "Shh. There, there, my dear (y/n). I'm here. Shh." He said, in a soothing tone, while he rocked you back and forth, slowly, and gave you gentle kisses on top of your head.

A couple minutes later, Barnabas put his cold finger under your chin and lifted your head up, slightly, so he could see your face. He wiped the tears off of your cheeks with his thumb. "Feel better, my dear (y/n)?" Barnabas asked, while he brushed your (h/l) (h/c) hair out of your face. You nodded and said, "Yes, Barnabas."

"What happened, darling? Did you have a nightmare?" Barnabas asked. "Yes." You answered. "What was it about?" "I don't remember much, but what I remembered mostly was walking towards the edge of the cliff at 'Widow's Hill'. Then, suddenly, I was falling down to my death towards the bottom. But, then, you appeared out of nowhere and the last thing that I saw before everything went completely black was seeing you behind me, trying to save me. It was just scary because it all seemed so real, Barnabas." You explained everything, with tears forming in your eyes.

"Aw, my dear (y/n). I'm so sorry that happened in your nightmare." Barnabas said, before he hugged you, with one arm wrapped around your waist and his other hand on the back of your head. You wrapped your arms around his torso and snuggled against his shoulder.

"It may have been a nightmare, but it sounded real to me as well. Hearing that hurts me deeply. I hate to think of losing you if I was too late to save you. I can't imagine my life without you, my dear (y/n)." Barnabas said.

You pulled away from the hug and you looked up at Barnabas, confused, but yet, you were blushing. "What did you say, Barnabas?" You asked. Without answering, Barnabas caressed your cheek and he leaned down and pressed his soft lips against yours. You didn't expect him to do that, but you didn't hesitate to kiss him back.

Moments later, you both pulled away from the kiss and you both looked into each other's eyes. Barnabas stroked your cheek, gently, with his thumb and said, "From the moment I first saw you, my dear (y/n), I've developed loving feelings for you and I couldn't stop thinking about you ever since." You smiled and blushed even more after he said that. "Same with me, Barnabas." You said, before you pressed your lips against Barnabas', who kissed you back, passionately.

A minute later, you and Barnabas pulled away from the kiss for air. "Barnabas, will you stay with me?" You asked. "Of course, my dear (y/n)." Barnabas said. Then, he lifted you up from his lap and he laid you down on your bed. After that, Barnabas pulled the covers over you and him and he laid down beside you, with his arms wrapped around you.

Barnabas held you close to him as he brushed his knuckles, softly, against your cheek. "You're so beautiful, (y/n)." He spoke, softly. You smiled with your eyes closed as you felt relaxed from Barnabas' touch. "I love you, Barnabas." You said. "I love you too, my dear (y/n)." Barnabas said back, and, then, he placed a gentle kiss on your forehead.

Minutes later, you fell asleep against Barnabas' chest. He did nothing but smile at your sleeping form. He pulled the covers over your shoulders and he kept his arms around you. "Sweet dreams, my dear (y/n)." He said, before he placed another kiss on your forehead and drifted off to sleep himself.