Barnabas Collins #2

Imagine you're running away from home and you run into Barnabas Collins.

(A/N: This was inspired by a roleplay johnnydeppfreak and I had done. This was the beginning of our roleplay and it had me laughing. I hope you all enjoy it and be sure to follow ^^ and read her stories.)

It was night time as you were running as fast as you could through the dark forest, panting and sweating, with a small bag over your shoulder. You were running away from your abusive, alcoholic father after years of suffering. You mentioned to him that you wanted to live in your own apartment now that you're grown up and wanted to live a normal life, but he reacted, horribly, towards you. While he passed out, drunk, you packed all your belongings, climbed out your bedroom window, and ran away from him. But afterwards, you didn't know where you were going and you didn't have any place to stay. You just kept running through the woods.

Sooner or later, you stumbled upon a construction site. Bright lights were shining around in one small area and you could hear men talking. You started walking towards the construction site when, all of a sudden, you heard them screaming, in horror. You ran and hid behind a truck to see what was happening. All you saw were the lifeless bodies of the construction workers laying on the ground, with blood dripping out of them. It was a horrible sight to see, you felt that it was all a nightmare. Unfortunately, it was reality.

When you heard a construction worker whimpering, you turned to his direction and saw him trying to escape. But, then, you covered your mouth, in shock, when you, suddenly, saw a man, holding a cane in one hand, appear out of nowhere and lifted the last construction worker up in the air with his other hand. You couldn't see his face since his back was facing you. The worker struggled to get out of the man's grip, but it looked as if the man had a lot strength to keep a good grip on the worker. Then, the man brought the worker down to his height and he said, somewhat regretfully, "I'm terribly sorry. But you cannot imagine how thirsty I am." Then, without hesitation, the man instantly bit down on the worker's neck, sucking his blood.

You gasped, in horror, as you watched what was happening to the poor worker. You couldn't believe what you were seeing. 'Oh, my gosh. He's a vampire.' You thought to yourself, as you were backing away, slowly, to get away from the scene. But before you could move any further, the back of your heel hit a rock and you, suddenly, fell backwards, causing you to exclaim.

The man turned towards your direction when he heard you fall and you could finally see what he looked like. His face was pale white, with blood dripping down from his mouth, and he had black hair. His outfit looked as if he was from a different time, like the eighteenth century. He threw the lifeless worker towards the power box, causing it to explode, and he walked towards your direction.

When you saw him coming towards you, slowly, you started backing away from him, feeling scared. You, suddenly, felt trapped when you felt a tree behind your back. As he got closer to you, he kneeled down next to you, which caused you to feel more scared because you had a feeling that he was gonna suck your blood. He seemed rather curious as he was looking straight at you. Then, he, slowly, started moving his pale hand towards you. "P-Please don't h-hurt m-me." You said, stuttering, as you closed your eyes, with tears running down your cheeks, bracing yourself.

Then, unexpectedly, you felt a shivering, cold thumb wiping your tears away. You opened your eyes and you looked up at the pale man, who was still staring down at you. "I'm not gonna hurt you, my dear." He finally spoke, in a soothing, soft voice. You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion. "Y-You're not gonna hurt me?" You asked. "No, my dear. I am quite full after that long, awaited meal and I would never harm a beautiful woman like you. It would make me feel regretful if I did." He said, as he tucked a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) hair behind your ear, which sent chills down your spine.