Edward Scissorhands #2

Imagine you having a sleepover with Edward Scissorhands.

*Requested by Tridnaexo*

You were visiting your Aunt Peg and her family after you received a phone call from her to invite you and your family to a barbecue at her house. She had also mentioned to you over the phone that she wanted you to meet someone that she found in the abandoned mansion that's up on the hill by her suburban neighborhood. You questioned her who he was and all she said was that he's a man named Edward, who was alone for who knows how long, with scissors for hands. When she said that last part, you were confused on what she meant by that.

After you and your family arrived at the barbecue, you couldn't find Edward anywhere in the crowd of neighbors in the backyard. While you grabbed yourself a glass of lemonade, you finally spotted him. Your Aunt Peg wasn't kidding when she said that he had scissors for hands. He was wearing one of your Uncle Bill's white shirts and gray pants with black suspenders and he had something underneath his clothes that appeared to be black leather. When you looked a bit closely at his face, he had little scars on his face and his black hair was messy.

He didn't frighten you with his scissor hands and you didn't have the slightest idea that he looked like a monster. Instead, you found him adorable and innocent and also cute.

Unfortunately, your introduction to Edward was not good. As you were walking towards him, your Aunt Peg's neighbor, Joyce, 'accidentally' bumped into you, causing you to throw your drink towards Edward and splash all over his face. You gasped, in shock, after what happened. "Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry." You said. But Edward, quickly, walked away everyone and walked inside the house. "Oh, no. I feel so bad. So much for a great introduction." You said. "Oh, it's okay, (y/n). It was an accident. Edward is new at this and meeting new people." Peg said, as she grabbed a few napkins and went inside to check on Edward.

But after what had happened, Edward didn't come back outside to the barbecue. Peg had asked him if he wanted to come back outside after she cleaned him up, but he told her 'no'. You felt bad for splashing lemonade all over his face, you felt like you wanted to make it up to him. Then, an idea came to your head. You approached your Aunt Peg and said, "Aunt Peg, is it okay if I could spend the night tonight? I wanna make it up from earlier and also get to know Edward more." "I think it's a wonderful idea, (y/n). Sure. You can spend the night. I'm sure that'll make Edward feel better." Peg answered. "Thank you, Aunt Peg." You said.

***

After the barbecue had ended and everything was cleaned up, it was now time for bed. You still didn't see Edward because he's been staying in your cousin, Kim's, bedroom during the barbecue. You changed into Kim's pajamas that your Aunt Peg let you borrow for the night since Kim was away with friends and you didn't have any night clothes to wear. You walked out of the bathroom to say 'goodnight' to everyone. When you went to say 'goodnight' to your Aunt Peg, she told you that she was gonna help Edward get his pajamas on. But you told her that you can do that and she allowed you to do it before heading off to bed.

When you got to Kim's bedroom, you saw Edward struggling to get his scissor hands through the sleeves of the pajama shirt. You giggled, quietly, as you approached him and helped him get his scissor hands through the sleeves without cutting yourself. Once you finally got his scissor hands through the sleeves, Edward looked down at you, timidly, as you were fixing his collar. "It's okay, Edward. I'm not gonna hurt you." You said, as you began to button up his pajama shirt. When you said that, he seemed to feel more relaxed as he watched you. "There. All done." You said, while you buttoned up the last button. "Thank you." Edward said, timidly, but sweetly. "You're welcome, Edward." You said back.

There was a short pause for a few seconds as you looked up at Edward and stared into his dark brown eyes. He, too, was looking into your (e/c) eyes. But, then, you snapped back into reality as you cleared your throat and said, "Um, I forgot to tell you my name. My name is (y/n) and it's very nice to finally meet you, Edward. My Aunt Peg has told me a little bit about you." You said. "It's...nice to meet you too, (y/n)." Edward said. "I'm so sorry for splashing lemonade in your face earlier. It was definitely not the proper way to greet someone, especially when they're new here." You apologized. "It's fine, (y/n)." Edward said, sweetly.

"Since I felt bad about the incident from earlier, I asked Aunt Peg if I could spend the night here to make it up. Plus, I didn't get the chance to know you more. So, I'm gonna have a sleepover with you." You said. Edward seemed confused when you said 'sleepover'. "You don't know what a sleepover is, Edward?" You asked. He shook his head, slowly. You chuckled, softly, and said, "That's okay, Edward. There's no need to be confused. Basically, it means that I'm just sleeping here over night." "Oh. Okay." Edward simply said. You chuckled, softly, again. "Well, since I don't want you to risk poking holes in my cousin's waterbed, why don't I show you the downstairs hideabed for you to sleep in?" You said. Edward simply nodded, in response. Then, you escorted him out of Kim's bedroom and you lead him downstairs in the basement.

When you both reached the bottom, you went over to the couch, removed the cushions, and pulled out the queen-size hideabed. "Here you go, Edward." You said, as you smoothed out the bedsheets. You looked at Edward, who seemed like he was hesitating to say something. But, then, he finally spoke. "Will...Will you stay with me, (y/n)?" Edward asked, shyly. You were surprised that he asked you to stay with him, which made you blush at the same time, but you didn't want him to feel alone sleeping down in the basement. "Um, sure, Edward. If that's what you want, then, okay." You answered. "Thank you." Edward said, politely. "You're welcome, Edward." You said.

Then, you helped him lay down on the bed, without his scissor hands getting near you. Once he laid down, you pulled the bedsheet over him and he laid his scissor hands on his chest. After that was done, you walked around the bed and laid down on the other side of the bed. You looked down at Edward, who was looking up at you, to make sure he was alright.

"I have a question, Edward." You said. "Yes?" "Why do you have scissors for hands?" You asked, curiously. "I'm not finished." Edward answered, while holding up his scissor hands. "Did someone build you?" "Yes." He answered, while setting his scissor hands on his chest again. "So, what happened to whoever built you if you're not finished?" You asked. "He didn't wake up." Edward answered. When he said that, you felt your heart split in two when you knew what he meant. "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that, Edward." You said, with sympathy in your voice.

Afterwards, you let out a yawn since you were feeling really tired. "Well, we'll talk more in the morning. I'm tired. Goodnight, Edward." You said, and, then, without even thinking, you leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. You realized what you had done since Edward looked at you, surprised. "Oh, my gosh. I'm so sorry, Edward. I wasn't thinking." You said, apologetically. But he didn't seem angry or scared or upset. Instead, he asked, curiously, "What was that, (y/n)?" "It was...it was a kiss, Edward. A kiss on the cheek. It can mean a lot of things, but I did it as a way of saying 'goodnight' to you." You explained.

After that, Edward looked as if he was fascinated with it. "Oh. Can...Can I give it a try, (y/n)?" He asked, shyly. You were surprised that he asked if he could give it a try, but you answered, "Sure, Edward." Then, Edward sat up, being careful with his scissor hands near you, and he leaned forward and pressed a warm, gentle kiss on your cheek. You blushed and smiled. "Goodnight, (y/n)." He whispered by your ear. You chuckled, softly, and whispered back, "Goodnight, Edward." Then, you helped him lay down again and pulled the bedsheet over him and you turned to your side to turn off the lamp on the nightstand. You closed your eyes and fell asleep, thinking about Edward's lips against your cheek throughout the night.