Barnabas Collins #9

Imagine Barnabas Collins presenting a poem he has written for you.

*Requested by alathan13*

About five months ago, you moved and applied for a job as a cook for the Collins family at Collinwood. You liked your job and enjoyed working for the Collins family, especially since they love your cooking and how you don't judge them for who they are as the townspeople of Collinsport consider the family weird. But you mostly enjoyed staying at Collinwood because you became very close friends with the family's distant relative, Barnabas Collins, who secretly happens to be a cursed vampire.

A week after you were hired by Elizabeth, Barnabas arrived at Collinwood after being buried alive for two centuries by a jealous witch, Angelique, who happens to be the current owner of the Angel Bay Seafood in Collinsport. When you met him, you thought he seemed strange at first until you found out that he was a vampire after you witnessed him burning from the sun when he was standing by an opened window, where the sun was shining towards him. It frightened you for a moment, but you warmed up to him and accepted him for who he was. Eventually, after a few months of working for the Collins and spending a lot of time with Barnabas, you soon developed a very close friendship with him and also a secret crush on him.

***

It was late in the evening as you were in the library reading your favorite book. The evening was calming and relaxing for you since you felt exhausted after making a big, yet fantastic dinner with a new recipe for the family earlier. Being alone in the library was the best place to sit and relax as you liked the smell of old books and the wood burning from the fireplace. But you kind of wished that you had some company around to sit with you so you didn't feel too lonely the whole time.

Then, as if on cue, you heard the sound of the library door opening. You looked up from your book and saw Barnabas in your view, walking towards you. "Hi, Barnabas." You said. "Good evening, my dear (y/n). I knew I would find you here. Mind if I sit with you?" Barnabas asked. "Not at all. Have a seat." You answered, as you scooted over to the arm of the couch and patted a spot on the cushion for him. Barnabas, then, sat down on the couch next to you.

"How are you this fine evening, darling?" He asked. "I'm good. A little exhausted from making dinner earlier, but I'm very happy that everyone enjoyed it since it was a new recipe I had came up with." You said, as you set your book down on the little coffee table in front of you. "You have such talent with your cooking, sweetheart. But I hate to see you exhaust yourself from such hard work that you put into." Barnabas said, kindly. You giggled because you thought it was very cute of Barnabas of looking out for you. "Well, I appreciate your concern, Barnabas, but I'm doing fine. I enjoy doing my job." You stated.

"Very well, then. Anyway, the reason I have come in here to sit with you is because I was wondering if you would consider of listening to a poem that I have written myself. I was hoping to read this to you before you fall into your deep slumber for the night as I cannot wait another minute to share this with you. Would you like to hear it, my dear (y/n)?" Barnabas asked. "Absolutely, Barnabas. I would love to hear it." You said, with a smile, as you put your legs on the couch and sat on them.

Barnabas, then, took out a piece of paper and was about to read it. But for some reason, he wasn't able to get words out of his mouth. He looked as if he was nervous to read it. "You doing okay, Barnabas?" You asked, sounding a little concerned. "Oh, not really, (y/n). I've read a lot things in my life before I was buried alive. But I have never presented something to someone ever until now. I could feel myself being as you would say 'nervous'." Barnabas explained. Then, you thought up an idea. "Here, Barnabas." You said, as you scooted a little bit towards him and held his pale cold hand. Seeing the expression on his face, you could tell that he was beginning to calm down. "Do you feel better now?" "Yes, I do. I do thank you for calming me down, (y/n)." Barnabas thanked you and you nodded at him.

After a few seconds, Barnabas, while still holding your hand, looked down at the piece of paper and explained, "This is a poem that I have written for you, my dear (y/n). I call it, 'My Mortal'. I do hope I satisfy you with my great words in my written work." You were surprised when he mentioned that his poem was for you, which made you smile even more and it was starting to make your heart flutter. You still held his hand as he began to read his poem to you.

My darling mortal
How you look so beautiful
When you shine so bright
Whether in sunshine or moonlight

Buried for two hundred years
Had been the worse
But when I saw your beautiful face
My immortal life had changed

Your eyes are very memorizing
With the wind making your hair flowing
Your laughter is memorable
But your smile is something unforgettable

Your voice is like music to my ears
Like an angel speaking to me
It feels like I've known you for years
Never have I seen my mortal so lovely

When Barnabas finished reading his poem, your heart fluttered even more and you felt like you were on the verge of tears. But not tears of sadness; they were tears of happiness. His poem was so magnificent, especially when it was all about you, and you couldn't help but listen to him read it all day long. "So, what did you think of it, my dear (y/n)? Did you like it?" Barnabas asked. "Like it? I love it, Barnabas. It was absolutely beautiful of how you written it." You exclaimed, happily.

Barnabas scooted a little closer towards you and tucked a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) hair behind your ear before he said, "I wrote it for you because it is my way of expressing my feelings towards you, sweetheart. You are indeed the most beautiful mortal I have ever seen after leaving my underground prison box for two hundred years. I thought I would live through the rest of my immortal life in misery after losing my Josette a long time ago. But now that has changed since I have found someone that I now love and I never want to lose. That would be you, (y/n)." He, then, took your hand he's been holding the whole time and placed a kiss on top of it.

Hearing his beautiful words and feeling his cold lips against the skin of your hand made you scoot even more closer towards him, where you were closer to his face and centimeters from his lips. "You're the most beautiful immortal I've ever met in my life and you have stolen my beating heart since I've got to know you more. I love you too, Barnabas Collins." You spoke, softly, as you and Barnabas, slowly, leaned towards each other until both your lips touched. You closed your eyes as you melted into his touch, without being bothered by his cold lips, while Barnabas, with his eyes closed, caressed your cheek with his thumb as the two of you kissed, lovingly and passionately, in front of the warm fireplace.