Barnabas Collins #8

Imagine you're going out on a date and Barnabas Collins feels worried about you.

You were in your bedroom at Collinwood getting dressed for a date night with a man named Travis, whom you met at the local library the other day. Elizabeth, the family matriarch, took you out shopping earlier in town to look a dress and a pair of high heels to wear on your date. You chose a short black, off the shoulder lace dress, with black high heels, and you styled your own hair and makeup.

Once you were done getting ready, you looked at yourself in the body mirror to take a look at yourself

Once you were done getting ready, you looked at yourself in the body mirror to take a look at yourself. You were nervous about your date with Travis, especially this was the very first date you've ever been on, but you took a breath and calmed your nerves down before you headed out of your bedroom. You took another deep breath as you reached the main staircase and started walking down the steps.

"Oh, my dear (y/n)." You heard a familiar voice speaking softly when you turned your attention to the bottom of the staircase, where you saw the family distant relative, Barnabas Collins, staring up at you, with admiration in his dark brown eyes. You chuckled with a smile on your face as you reached the bottom of the steps and was looking directly at Barnabas. "You look absolutely beautiful, sweetheart." He said, as he, gently, took your hand and placed a kiss on top of it. You blushed when you felt his lips on top of your hand.

"Thank you, Barnabas." You said, and, then, he released your hand, even though you wished that he didn't as you actually liked it when he held it. "How are you feeling about your date, my dear?" Barnabas asked. "Um, okay, I guess. I am a little nervous, especially since it's my very first date." You said, before taking a quick deep breath. Barnabas could tell that you were nervous and it made him concerned. "I could see how nervous you are. If you don't want to go on your date, (y/n), you don't have to go." He said, with a hint of worry in his voice. You thought it was very sweet of him to be looking out for you; it shows how much he really cares about you. "That's very kind of you, Barnabas, but I'll be fine. I don't want to bail out on my first date." You said.

Barnabas was deep in thought for a moment, with a disappointed look on his pale face, until he spoke again. "Very well, then. But before you go, I have something for you. Turn around, please." He said, while motioning you to turn for him. You did what he told you to do and your back was now facing him, curious to know what it was that he had for you. Then, you saw a heart shaped silver necklace appear in front of you and going around your neck. While Barnabas was linking the chains together on the necklace, you held the small heart in your hand and looked down at the tiny silver diamonds and the bigger ruby colored diamond in the center; almost resembling the family heirloom that Barnabas had around his neck all the time.

 While Barnabas was linking the chains together on the necklace, you held the small heart in your hand and looked down at the tiny silver diamonds and the bigger ruby colored diamond in the center; almost resembling the family heirloom that Barnab...