Mort Rainey #6

Imagine you and Mort Rainey are having a baby.

*Requested by MrsVeronicaDepp*

Three years ago, when you were at the library, you accidentally bumped into your favorite author, Mort Rainey. After exchanging apologies to each other, Mort asked you out for some coffee at the library cafe after you told him that you're a big fan of his mystery novels. Hanging out and talking with Mort at the cafe was the best day of your life. He talked about when he wanted to become a writer, what inspirations he uses in his novels, and his upcoming novel that will be released in a month. He did mention about going through an ugly divorce with his wife, Amy, after he caught her having an affair with him, which made you feel bad for him. Before he left the cafe to go somewhere, he gave you his phone number so that you could call him and get together with him sometime, which made your day even better.

After two years of dating and after Mort had finally finalized the divorce with Amy, Mort asked for your hand in marriage while you both went on a hike together near the lake that was around the area where his secluded cabin was located. You both got married in a private ceremony at the Tashmore Lake rose garden and, then, you moved your stuff out of your apartment and moved into Mort's cabin. Once you were settled in, you and Mort began a new chapter in each other's lives together as a married couple.

***

One year later...

It was around ten in the morning as Mort was sitting at his writing desk, typing on his laptop for his upcoming new mystery novel. He's been getting stressed lately as he has been suffering a writer's block, where he hasn't been thinking of any ideas on what to write next for his novel. But on this particular day, you thought up a perfect solution to help him feel better.

You were in your pajamas and in your (f/c) robe as you walked out of you and Mort's bedroom and walked up to him, while he was still concentrating on his writing. You stood behind him and wrapped your arms around his neck and said, "Good morning, Mr. Rainey." He chuckled and stopped typing as he turned his head so that he was facing you. "Good morning, Mrs. Rainey." He said, and, then, he kissed you on the lips, while you kissed him back. He pulled away from the kiss and he resumed back to his laptop, without typing on it.

"How's your writing coming along?" You asked, curiously. Mort sighed and answered, "It's not going so well, (y/n). The stupid writer's block is killing me. I can't type up my story without thinking straight. I hate this writer's block and I wish there was somehow a way for me to get rid of it." "Have you ever thought of any inspirations that could probably help you think of any ideas for your story?" You asked. He shook his head and said, "No. I can't think of anything that would inspire me." You smirked, without Mort noticing, before you said, "Perhaps I can help you with that." He turned to you, confused on what you meant by that.

Then, you reached into your robe pocket and pulled out a small white narrow necklace box and you handed it to Mort. He took the box into his hand and he seemed even more confused. "How is a necklace box gonna help inspire me, (y/n)?" He asked. "Just open the box, Mort, and you'll see." You said, as you took a few steps back. After you said that, Mort opened the box and it contained something he wasn't expecting to see. A pregnancy test...with a positive sign on it.

He took the pregnancy test out of the box and observed it. "A pregnancy test with a plus sign on it? But how is this—" Mort was about to say something, but, then, he paused when he realized what it meant. He turned around to face you, with a surprised expression on his face, while you smiled with excitement. "(y/n), are you—" He almost asked you, but he was loose for words. You smiled even more as you placed your hands on top of your abdomen and said, "Yes, Mort. I'm pregnant."