Sweeney Todd #5

Imagine you receiving cuddles and kisses from Sweeney Todd.

*Requested by WonkruHeda*

You've been married to your husband, Sweeney Todd, for almost two months after meeting him on the ship that he sailed on after he was released from prison that he rotted for fifteen years in. You were traveling on the same ship as Sweeney was because you were a runaway; you were running away from your alcoholic, abusive parents. During the long journey to London, you met with Sweeney and you both got to know each other, even knowing his real name, Benjamin Barker. Personally, you preferred 'Sweeney Todd' over 'Benjamin Barker'. But you were disappointed when you found out that Sweeney was still married to a woman named Lucy and he has a daughter named Johanna.

When you and Sweeney arrived in London, Sweeney offered you to accompany him to his old barbershop. The two of you met Mrs. Lovett, who owns a Meat Pie Shop below Sweeney's barbershop, and she told Sweeney that Lucy poisoned herself after she experienced a horrible night experience with Judge Turpin, who sent Sweeney to prison for fifteen years on a false charge, and he has Johanna as his ward. After learning about it, Sweeney became obsessed with plotting his revenge against Turpin.

Time had gone by and he's been waiting for Turpin to come in for a shave for next six months. While that was happening, Sweeney didn't stop talking with you since he became interested in you. He had a feeling Mrs. Lovett was interested in him, but she wasn't his type. He was only thinking of you. Sooner or later, Sweeney asked you for your hand in marriage, even though you both had known each other for a short time, and you said 'yes'. Without Mrs. Lovett knowing, the two of you got married in a private ceremony at a church. Even though you didn't like Sweeney's behavior whenever he kept waiting for Turpin, you still enjoyed your new married life with Sweeney and you love him with all your heart.

***

It was late at night as you were laying your in bed, waiting for your husband to come back from his barbershop. All you wanted to do was cuddle with Sweeney and listen to his beating heart while sleeping against his chest. The bedroom felt cold and lonely without him. You pulled the bedsheets over you and laid down on your side, hoping that he would walk through the door and cuddle with you.

Then, as if on cue, you heard the door open, knowing who it was. Thinking of an idea, you closed your eyes and pretended that you were asleep without Sweeney knowing. After waiting for a couple of minutes, you felt the other side of the bed sinking down and an arm, slowly, wrapping around your waist and pulling you back. You smiled and sighed, happily, as you were pressed against Sweeney's chest and felt his warm lips kissing your cheek. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you, my dear (y/n)?" He whispered, closely, by your ear. You giggled, softly, as you turned around so that you were facing him. "Oh, many times, Mr. Todd. Many, many times." You whispered, a bit playfully. Sweeney chuckled, softly.

"I knew you weren't sleeping when I came into the bedroom, love." Sweeney said, while he ran his fingers through your (h/l) (h/c) hair, slowly and gently, which was relaxing to you. His other arm was still wrapped around your waist. It surprised you that Sweeney knew that you pretending to be asleep while you were waiting for him. "How'd you know I wasn't?" You asked. "Hm, because I know you always wait for me while you're awake, not while you're asleep." Sweeney said, and, then, he placed a kiss on your forehead. You felt cheeks were getting warm after you felt his lips against your skin again. "Mm. I should've known. But I'm glad that I wasn't actually asleep. Otherwise, I'd be missing this moment with you; your loving kisses and your warm cuddles." You said, snuggling against his chest. "I'm glad too, my dear (y/n)." Sweeney said, as he leaned his forehead against yours.

There was nothing but silence for a couple of minutes as you were feeling relaxed from Sweeney's touch through your (h/l) (h/c) hair and giving you random soft, warm kisses all over your forehead. It was making you fall asleep, but you were trying to stay awake as much as you could. "How was business, darling?" You asked. "Busy as usual. More customers, you know. Mrs. Lovett's meat pies are selling more than ever." Sweeney said. "That's good." You said, knowing what Sweeney was talking about.

"You know, I just got to thinking, (y/n)." He said. "What's that, Sweeney?" You asked. "When I make enough earnings and once I take care of Judge Turpin, I was thinking that we should leave London and get on a ship and sail to America. Live a better married life there than this horrible place." Sweeney said. You looked at him, flabbergasted, of the idea of leaving London and sail to America to live a better life. "Really, Sweeney?" "I mean every word, my darling (y/n). I have been thinking about it for a while and I thought I would tell you about it. Does it sound like a good idea?" Sweeney said.

"I think it's a wonderful idea, Sweeney, darling. But what about Johanna? Should we take her with us?" You asked. "She'll come with us once Anthony rescues her from the madhouse Turpin sent her to. I can't go anywhere without my daughter." Sweeney answered. "That's good. You'll finally get to see your daughter for the first time in years." You said. "Yes, my love." Sweeney said.

Moments later, your eyes were starting to close, but you kept fighting to keep them open. "Don't fight to stay awake, my dear (y/n). You're tired. Perhaps you should sleep." Sweeney said. "But I don't want to. I wanna cuddle with you a little bit more." You whined. Then, Sweeney leaned down and kissed your lips for a few seconds before he pulled away and brushed his lips against yours for a bit. He leaned the side of his head against yours again as he placed his hand on your cheek and stroked it, gently, with his thumb as he spoke, in a soft, soothing voice, by your ear, "Sleep, my dear (y/n). You'll be in my arms throughout the night while I cuddle with you as you sleep. Close your beautiful (e/c) eyes, (y/n), and listen to my heart; it will lull you to sleep." After that, he gave you a kiss on your temple.

Then, without saying a word, you closed your eyes and fell asleep against Sweeney's chest. He kept one hand behind your head and his other arm wrapped around your waist to hold you close to him as you slept. Hearing his heartbeat with your ear against his  chest really helped lull you to sleep as you snuggled closer to him and felt the warmth from Sweeney's arms while you slept throughout the whole night.