Sweeney Todd #2

Imagine you're taking care of Sweeney Todd, who suffers from amnesia after he gets hurt.

*Requested by ebrown895*

Two months ago, your brother, Judge Turpin, kicked you out of his house for no particular reason. You were happy that you didn't have to put up with him since he was very abusive towards you and he never treated you like a sister. After that, you didn't have anywhere to live for a short time until you met Sweeney Todd, a barber on Fleet Street. He took you under his wing and offered you a place to stay and a job as his assistant.

Living with Sweeney had been much better than what was like living with your brother. At first, he was angry when he found out that you're related to Judge Turpin. But he, eventually, gained your trust after you've told him about your brother treating you horribly and kicking you out. You learned about Sweeney's past as Benjamin Barker when your brother sent him to prison for fifteen years on a false charge and it made you hate your brother even more. It didn't even bother you about Sweeney plotting his revenge towards your brother.

Later on, even after living with him for a short while, Sweeney fell in love with you and had asked you to be his girlfriend. You didn't hesitate to say 'yes' since you had feelings for him since the beginning. Being with Sweeney had changed your life. Nothing could stop you from loving him no matter what challenges you both would face in the future.

You were in Sweeney's barbershop, dusting and sweeping. As you were finishing up, you heard the barbershop door open, frantically. You looked up and saw Mrs. Lovett, who looked upset. You set the broom against the wall and you walked up to her and asked, "Mrs. Lovett, what's the matter?" It took a moment for Mrs. Lovett to calm down a bit until she finally spoke. "It's Mr. T, (y/n). Something terrible happened to him." She said.

After she said that, you felt your blood turn cold. You were now starting to get worried about Sweeney. "What do you mean? Where is he?" You asked, trying not to panic. "There, there, darling. He's downstairs in my room. The doctor brought him over a couple minutes ago." Mrs. Lovett answered, and, then, she gestured you to follow her. You both walked out of the barbershop, walked down the stairs, and headed inside Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Shop, where Toby was sitting at one of the tables, waiting. "The doctor is checking on him in your room, Mrs. Lovett. He'll be out soon." Toby explained. You nodded and, then, you sat down next to him and Mrs. Lovett sat down next to you, while rubbing your upper arm to comfort you. 'I hope he's alright.' You thought to yourself.

A few minutes later, the doctor walked out, with a sad expression on his face. The three of you stood up, anxiously, and you all walked towards the doctor. "What is it? How's Sweeney, doctor?" You asked. The doctor took a deep breath and said, "He has a serious head injury after he was involved in a coach accident from earlier. According to a witness, he was crossing the street and he didn't see the coach coming towards him and he was struck by it." You gasped while you covered your mouth with both of your hands. "He woke up about ten minutes ago and I asked him some simple questions and he seemed...confused." The doctor added.

At first, the three of you didn't get what the doctor meant by that, so you asked, "What exactly does that mean, doctor?" "I don't know how to say this, but he...suffers from amnesia." The doctor answered.

When he said that last word, you felt your heart had stopped beating. Sweeney, the man that took you under his wing and the love of your life, suffers from amnesia. "No..." You said, quietly, while you shook your head, slowly and in disbelief. "I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do about it for now. I'll stop by once a week to check on him to see how he's doing. Right now, just let him rest and don't rush things on him, especially since he has a head injury. Just take it easy on him." The doctor said, and, he, picked up his medical bag and walked out of the shop.

After the doctor left, you glanced at Mrs. Lovett, who looked heartbroken, wrapping her arms around Toby, who looked was shocked and was on the verge of tears. He wrapped his arms around her and embraced her as they both cried, softly. Mrs. Lovett, then, walked Toby over to one of the tables and they both sat down, leaving you the only one standing up. You didn't want to sit down with them. Instead, you wanted to see Sweeney. Even though the doctor said that he needed to rest, it wouldn't hurt to stay and be with him for support. While Mrs. Lovett and Toby weren't looking, you snuck into the bedroom to see Sweeney.

When you got inside the bedroom, you closed the door, quietly, and, then, you looked around the corner and saw Sweeney lying on the couch, wide awake, while looking at the lit up fireplace. He had a bandage wrapped around part of his head, with most of his hair showing. When you walked a little closer to him, he glanced to the side and jumped a little bit when he saw you. When he reacted, you stopped in your tracks and just looked straight at him. He didn't say a word as he was staring at you, confused and a bit frightened.

"H-Hi, Sweeney." You said, softly, trying to calm down your emotions. He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "Who are you and how do you know me?" You took another step forward and, then, you sat on a stool that was next to Sweeney and said, "My name is (y/n), Sweeney. (y/n) Turpin. I know you because you're my boyfriend." Sweeney looked even more confused. "Me? Your boyfriend?" He asked. "Yes. We've been together for two months. I've been living with you ever since you found me living on the streets after my abusive brother kicked me out." You explained. "And who is this brother of yours?" Sweeney asked, curiously. "Judge Turpin. He's the most unlikable man in London." You said.

After you said his name, Sweeney's eyebrows popped up for a second. He turned his head away and looked  as if he was thinking. "Judge Turpin..." He whispered. You had a feeling that he was starting remember something, so you asked, "Does that sound familiar to you, Sweeney?" He didn't say anything for a few seconds until he shook his head and said, "No. That doesn't sound familiar to me at all." You sighed, in defeat, as you were hoping that his memory was starting to come back. But you weren't gonna give up on helping him. "Well, that's okay, Sweeney. I'll explain more about him later. Right now, I wanna help you try to remember some stuff that's happened in your life." You said. Sweeney stared at you for a while, as if he was studying your face, until he nodded and said, "Alright, then."

For an hour, you basically told Sweeney everything about his life that he had told you after you moved in with him. Like his real name 'Benjamin Barker', his past marriage with Lucy, his fifteen year sentence in prison on a false charge made by your brother, changing his name to 'Sweeney Todd', Johanna, Mrs. Lovett, Toby, his barbershop business, and about yourself. The whole time while you were talking, you've been noticing the way Sweeney was looking at you. Admiration and fondness. It was almost as if he was falling in love with you again.

"Does any of this make any sense to you, Sweeney?" You asked. Sweeney looked down, slightly, and, then, he shook his head. "No. Nothing doesn't make any sense to me at all." He said, sounding a bit disappointed. You sighed, quietly, and said, "That's okay, Sweeney. I...I completely understand." Then, you looked down at the floor, feeling like you failed on helping Sweeney regain his memories.

Then, you felt two fingers under your chin and they lifted your head up. You looked up and you realized that Sweeney's face was close to yours. Your (e/c) eyes connected with his brown eyes as you were staring directly at him. "I may not remember anything, but I feel like I've known you for a long time. With you trying to help me remember, I feel as though...I can trust you, (y/n)." Sweeney said, as he, slowly, leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours, softly. You closed your eyes and you kissed him back. It was a wonderful that he said that he trusts you, even though he doesn't remember, and to feel his warm lips against yours.

Moments later, he pulled away from the kiss and you opened your eyes as you leaned your forehead, gently, against his and looked into his eyes again. "You can always trust me, Sweeney. No matter what, even if you can't remember, I'll always love you." You whispered, as a tear of happiness fell down your cheek.