Gellert Grindelwald #4

Imagine you saying 'goodbye' to Gellert Grindelwald when he leaves.

Childhood was not easy for you once you had found out that you were a witch. Your Muggle parents were not proud and your older siblings would call you a 'freak'. But your life became better once you met Gellert Grindelwald, a wizard from the magic world. You would hang out with him while he showed you some spells and some special magic skills that you became intrigued with. Later on, you and Gellert became inseparable best friends. But by the time you both became seventeen, things had started to change when Gellert decided on what he wanted to do in the future after he was expelled from the Durmstrang Institute.

***

You were embracing Gellert in a tight, but gentle hug, as he held you close to him while he rested his head against the side of your head

You were embracing Gellert in a tight, but gentle hug, as he held you close to him while he rested his head against the side of your head. "Do you really have to go, Gellert?" You asked, trying your best to hold back the tears. "Of course I have to go, (y/n). I'm doing this to make things better for our magic world." Gellert responded, softly, by your ear. "But why do I have this feeling that you won't be coming back? You'll forget me and I'll never see you again?" You questioned.

Gellert, then, pulled away from the hug and placed both of his hands on both of your cheeks and looked straight into your (e/c) eyes, while you looked into his multi-colored eyes. "Don't ever think that, (y/n). I would never forget you. You're the only person that I could never forget, especially someone who I love. You're gonna see me again and I promise you that I won't forget you. I'll think about you every single moment of the day. Remember, I'm not only doing this for our magic world, but I'm doing this for the both of us." He said.

You stared at him for a couple of seconds until you said, "You promise you'll come back to me, Gellert?" Then, a single tear fell down your cheek. Gellert noticed and wiped it away, gently, with his thumb before he answered, "I promise I'll come back to you, (y/n)." He, then, leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on your forehead before he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours. You closed your eyes and kissed him back, slowly.

Moments later, you both pulled away from the kiss and you opened your eyes to look up at him. "I gotta go, sweetheart." Gellert whispered, before he gave you one last kiss on your forehead and took his hands off your cheeks. He stepped away from you for a second until he turned back to you and said, "I love you, (y/n)." "I love you too, Gellert." You said back. Then, in an instant, Gellert disappeared out of nowhere in a vacuum-like spell and a couple more tears fell down your cheeks. "Goodbye, Gellert." You whispered, sadly.

"Where's Grindelwald?" You heard a voice from behind you, out of nowhere. You gasped as you turned around, now at the age thirty seven, and saw a group of people behind you. "Who are you people?" You asked, stepping back, slowly, from them. But the leader didn't answer. "We know that you know where he is and you're gonna tell us." He said. You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion, and said, "I don't know what you are talking about! Leave me alone!" Then, the leader pulled out his wand and he aimed it at you and muttered a spell. "No!" You yelled, echoing all around, as you saw a bright light coming towards before you were surrounded by darkness.

***

Gellert gasped as he woke up and sat up in bed. He started panting as he looked all over his surroundings and found himself in his bedroom, while a thunderstorm was happening outside. He was relieved that he woke up from that nightmare. The now thirty seven year old Gellert rubbed his eyes with both of his hands before he looked down at his left side to see you, now thirty seven years old and eight months pregnant, sleeping, peacefully, in bed with him. He sighed, in relief, as he placed his hand on your shoulder and, gently, rolled you over towards him, with you groaning, sleepily, and held you in his arms, protectively, as if he never wanted to let go of you.

"Are you okay, Gellert?" You asked, sleepily, with your eyes still closed. "I'm okay, (y/n). I just...I just wanted to hold you in my arms." Gellert answered. You sighed, happily, as you felt him placing his hand on your swollen abdomen. "I wanted to make sure you and the baby were alright." He added, as he rubbed your abdomen in small, gentle circles. With your eyes still closed, you smiled and snuggled against him as he continued rubbing your abdomen. "We're doing great, Gellert." You said, as you placed your left hand on top of his.

Gellert looked down at the engagement ring that was on your left ring finger and he smiled down at it. After being gone for almost twenty years to plan his movement and escape from the Magical Congress of the United States of America, he immediately came back to you just as he had promised to you. He asked for your hand in marriage and had vowed to never leave your sight ever again and to be with you every single moment of the day. Two months after the two of you got married, you found out that you were pregnant with you and Gellert's first child, which made Gellert even more motivated to protect you and the baby from any harm, including from the Aurors.

Sleep was starting to take over you once again as you were about to fall asleep in Gellert's arms. He noticed and placed a kiss on your forehead. "I love you, (y/n)." He whispered. You sighed, happily, and said back, sleepily, "I love you too, Gellert. I'm glad to have you back in my life." Then, you fell completely asleep, with Gellert wrapped his arms around you again. He had one arm around your back and his other hand on the back of your head as he held you close to him. He placed one more kiss on your forehead and said, softly, by your ear, "I'm glad to be back with you again too, sweetheart." After that, Gellert fell asleep, while holding you, protectively, in his arms.