Gator Lerner #3

Imagine you're a nurse and you take care of Gator Lerner.

*Requested by okdanmaardit*

You are Lieutenant (y/n) (y/l/n), a newly hired army nurse, who was recently deployed to Vietnam to help with the wounded soldiers during the war. After years of nursing school and going through training, you were immediately sent off on your very first mission overseas. Even though you were slightly nervous about going to Vietnam, you were still thankful to finally get the opportunity to work as a nurse to help with the wounded soldiers.

***

"Lieutenant (y/l/n)." You heard a military doctor call out your name. "Yes, sir." You responded. "I need you over here right away." The military doctor commanded. "Coming, sir." You said, walked over to where the doctor was located. You, then, found him standing in front of a patient bed, where a wounded soldier was laying down on it, with his eyes closed and bloodied bandages all over his chest.

"This is Private Lerner. He was shot during battle. I need to assist an emergency operation, so I need you to help take care of him. You will need to change his bandages before he starts hemorrhaging and clean the gunshot wounds." He instructed. "I will do that, sir." You said, with a nod. "I'd appreciate that. He took a sedative about an hour ago to help ease the pain, so he'll be awake soon." The military doctor added, and, then, he walked away.

Afterwards, you put on some gloves and began to, gently, take the bloodied bandages off of the wounds on the soldier in front of you before you took a soaked cloth and started wiping the dry blood off of him. As you were doing that, you took a moment to glance down at his face. Even though part of his face was covered in dirt, you could still see his handsome facial features and his bare slightly muscular tan chest that started to make your heart flutter. You've never felt this feeling before in your life, but it somehow felt wonderful. 'Please be alright, good soldier.' You thought to yourself, as you were putting new bandages, gently, over his wounds.

But your thoughts were soon interrupted when you heard a soft, groaning sound. You looked down and saw the wounded man moving his head and, slowly, trying to open his eyes. When he finally did open his eyes, he looked straight up at you, with a soft expression on his face. "Am I dead?" He said, quietly. "No. You're at the medical base, Private Lerner. You've been shot during battle and you've been brought here." You explained. Then, he looked all around as if he was checking to see if he was actually in reality. After that, he looked back at you.

"Oh. I see. For a second there, I thought for sure I was dead because...I thought I was seeing an angel in front of me." He said. You turned your head away and your face turned into a shade of red and you tried your best not to giggle. 'Keep it together, (y/n). Keep it together.' You thought to yourself. Then, you turned your head back to him. "Who are you?" He asked. "I'm Lieutenant (y/n) (y/l/n). I'm a military nurse and I'm here to tend your wounds, Private Lerner." You introduced yourself. He looked down at the fresh, new bandages that were wrapped around his chest and, then he looked back at you. "Thank you and you can call me 'Gator'." "'Gator'? What a very unique name. I like it." You said, and a smile appeared on Gator's face afterwards.

There was nothing but silence for a few seconds until you spoke again. "H-How do you feel so far, Gator?" You asked. He winced in pain for a second as he was trying to sit up, but you put your hands on his shoulders to keep him from moving any further. "I'm feeling very sore." Gator said, grunting and saying it in a convinced tone at the same time. "Then, you shouldn't move, silly." You said, as you laid him back down on his bed, gently. Then, Gator placed his hand over your right hand and smiled up at you. "You really are an angel." He said, trying to sound flirtatious, even though he was in pain. You chuckled, softly, as you took his hand into yours and held it before you said, "And you're such a...flirt, Gator. That sedative must really be wearing off of you." He chuckled after you said that to him.