Gilbert Grape #1

Imagine you're new in a small town and you meet Gilbert Grape.

You've just moved to a small town in Endora, Iowa, with your father after your parents got divorced. You decided to stay with your father since you wanted to leave the place where you lived previously. Your father decided to open his own carpenter business in a small town in Iowa and you were fine with it. Whether it was in a small town or in a big city, you were fine with any place to live.

Even though it was a big change to you since you're not used to moving to somewhere different, you were still stoked about moving to a small town in Endora. Plus, you've always wanted to seek out something new in your life. You even hoped to find that right man there once you get settled.

Two days after you and your father moved into your new house, you decided to ride your bike into town. It seemed like there weren't that many people in Endora. But they still seemed nice. There were even little stores and a couple of diners in the town as well.

Eventually, you came across a small grocery store called 'Lamson's Grocery'. Since you were thinking about finding a job, you thought it would be the perfect opportunity to see if they were hiring. You packed your bike on the bike rack and, then, you walked inside.

When you walked inside, you noticed there weren't that many people inside. There was probably two or three customers. There was a teenage boy that was sitting on one of the counters, laughing, as he was looking at a jar full of grasshoppers. You smiled at his laughter since you thought it was cute.

You walked up to an old man that looked to be the owner. "Excuse me, sir?" You said. He turned to you. "Yes?" "Are you the owner?" You asked. "Yes, I am. Mr. Lamson at your service. What can I help you with today, miss?" He asked. "Um, I was wondering if you were hiring right now?" You asked.

Mr. Lamson thought about it for a moment until he said, "Hm. Yeah, we could use a new employee. Would you like to start today?" You nodded and said, "Sure. I have nothing else to do since my dad is at work." "Alright, then. I'll explain what you'll be doing mostly and I'll have my employee, Gilbert, show you what to do." He said.

"By the way, what's your name, miss?" Mr. Lamson asked. "Oh, it's (y/n). (y/n) (y/l/n)." You answered. "Wonderful. We're happy to have you here and help us out, (y/n)." Mr. Lamson said. "No problem." You said.

For the next ten minutes, Mr. Lamson was explaining to you of what you'll be assigned for most of the time. You'll take the stocked foods out of the boxes and place them on the shelves. You'll also assist Gilbert on pricing foods and you'll help take over for him while he's out delivering groceries to other people. "Do you have any questions for me, (y/n)?" Mr. Lamson asked. You shook your head and said, "None that I could think of." "Alright, then, (y/n). I'll introduce you to Gilbert." Mr. Lamson said, and, then, he lead to one of the aisles to meet your coworker, Gilbert.

You saw a man with long, shoulder-length light golden brown hair, sitting on a stool, pricing and setting the foods on the shelves. "Gilbert, I'd like you to meet (y/n), your new coworker." Mr. Lamson said to get his attention. Gilbert, then, looked up at you and you saw those beautiful brown eyes on his handsome face. Your heart skipped a beat as you looked down at him.

He stood up from his stool and he looked down at you, smiling a little. "Hi, (y/n). I'm Gilbert Grape. It's nice to meet you." He said, as he held his hand out towards you. "It's nice to meet you too, Gilbert, and I can't wait to work with you." You said, as you took his hand and shook it. He nodded.

After you shook Gilbert's hand, you released it and Mr. Lamson said, "Well, Gilbert, could you show (y/n) what to do about unboxing the foods and pricing them?" "Sure, Mr. Lamson." Gilbert said, while nodding. "Okay." Mr. Lamson said, and, then, he went back to the cash register.