Sweeney Todd #7

Imagine you're running away and you find out Sweeney Todd's secret when you stumble into his barbershop.

*Requested by Janepeg*

You were running as fast as your legs could carry you through the streets of London in the middle of the dark and eerie night, panting and tears running down your cheeks. You kept looking behind to see if the law was running after you, but there was no sign of them, which was a relief to you. But you had to keep on running in case they'd catch up to you.

Earlier, you were brought into court to face Judge Turpin. You were confused about why you were brought into court until he told you the real reason why you were there. You were shocked to find out that he was gonna marry you after he sentenced your parents to death for stealing, when it was actually a false charge. He asked your father for your hand in marriage and your father refused since he didn't want you anywhere near that man. It made you hate and fear Judge Turpin even more. After he made his decision, you ran out of the court house as fast as you could before The Beadle could grab you and you ran as far away as you could to get away from the law and try to find a safe hiding spot.

After running for a long time, you stumbled upon a loft that was above a business called, 'Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Shop'. It looked like no one lived up there. Then, without hesitating, you ran up the stairs and headed to the loft. When you got to the door, you quickly opened it and ran inside and shut it, panting heavily. But, then, out of nowhere, you heard a gurgling sound from behind you. Your (e/c) eyes widened when you realized that you weren't alone.

You, slowly, turned around and was completely frightened of what you were seeing. A man who happened to be a barber, holding a blood covered razor, and a man sitting on a chair, bleeding from his throat. The barber, then, pressed something by the chair with his foot and the chair fell back, making the lifeless man disappeared in a trapdoor within seconds. You gasped and covered your mouth with your hand after what you just saw in front of you, causing the barber to look up at you.

Panicking, you turned around and almost opened the door to escape, but, then, a hand slammed it shut. You gasped, in fear, as you looked up and saw the man standing next to you, with an angry expression. "Where do you think you're going, Miss?" He asked. "I was trying to—" You were about to explain, feeling nervous, but, then, he interrupted you. "Trying to go to the law after what you just saw? That's not gonna happen. Once you're in here, everybody needs a good cut." He said, and, then, he grabbed your upper arm and walked you over to the barber chair.

"No, please don't! You don't understand! I wasn't gonna do that!" You said, panicking. But the barber ignored you and he forced you to sit down on the chair. "I promise I won't tell anyone!" You added. "I don't take promises, Miss, especially from those who go to the law." The barber said, as he took out his razor and held you against the chair by your shoulder as he raised his razor up in the air. "But I wasn't gonna go to the law! I'm running from the law because they'll take me back to Judge Turpin, who wants to marry me!" You yelled, as tears were running down your cheeks and you started crying.

When you said that, the barber's expression began to soften and he lowered his razor down to his side. He realized his mistake and he felt horrible for scaring you and almost killing you with his razor. With that, he leaned forward and he took a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) hair and he tucked it behind your ear. You looked up at him, with a tear stained face. "I'm sorry for what I almost did to you, love. I was out of control. I should never harm someone who is running from the law and Turpin." He said. You looked at him, confused, wondering why he was apologizing to you and why he shouldn't harm you because you're running from the law and Judge Turpin.

"Do you have something against Turpin too?" You questioned. "Yes. I do. He sent me away to prison fifteen years ago on a false charge. He took me away from my wife and daughter." The barber said, with sadness in his dark brown eyes. You were starting to show sympathy in your eyes after hearing what he said. "I'm sorry to hear about that." You said. "There's no need to say 'sorry', love. And what about you? What do yourself have against Turpin and why he wants to marry you?" The barber asked. You looked down and said, "He took the ones I love away from me so he can have me all to himself. He killed my parents after my father refused to accept Turpin asking my hand in marriage." Then, the tears started to come back.

As you were crying, you felt a thumb wiping the tears off your cheeks. You looked up and saw the barber, closely, in front of you. "You don't have to worry about it anymore, love. You will never marry or see that man ever again." He said, as he finished wiping the tears off your face. You sniffled and said, "Really?" "I mean every word. I'm seeking revenge against Turpin. What you saw earlier with the other gentleman is exactly what I wanna do to Turpin himself."

You thought about it for a second until you sat up and asked him, "Will consider a spot for me to join you in plotting revenge against Judge Turpin?" The barber stood up straight and he held his hand out towards you. "I would be much obliged for you to join me in plotting revenge against Turpin if you tell your name." He said. You took your hand and put it in his and he held onto it as you stood up from the barber chair. "My name is (y/n). (y/n) (y/l/n). What's your name, sir?" You said. "The name's Todd, Miss (y/n). Sweeney Todd." He said, and, then, he leaned down and placed a kiss on top of your hand, which made you, lightly, blush.

"Sweeney. I like that name." You complimented. "Thank you, Miss (y/n). Same with your name as well." Sweeney said. "Thank you, Sweeney." You said. "And welcome to my barbershop. I know you'll feel like it's home once I go over my plot with you." Sweeney said, with a smirk. You smirked back at him, letting him know that you were all in for it, and said, "Oh, I know I'll feel like it's home here once I get used to it. And I know we'll take good care of Judge Turpin once and for all, Sweeney." 'And I can't wait to get to know more about you too, Sweeney Todd.' You thought to yourself.