Tonto #2

Imagine Tonto saving you from the Wendigo.

*Requested by Lempu13*

It was a hot day in the Old West in Texas as you were on your horse, leaving the stables at your parents' ranch that was in the desert and you headed towards the nearby wilderness. Being stuck in the house while your parents were out in town getting some necessary items was rather boring. Your parents are very strict because you're their only child and they don't want anything to happen to you.

They forbid you to ride your horse alone and they didn't want you to go into the wilderness, especially when it gets dark outside, because they fear about the Wendigo, a legendary creature that lurks in the wilderness at night. But you didn't believe that it existed as it was said to be a mythical creature and you felt that they were overprotective of you. Plus, you were old enough to go out on your own without your parents telling you what to do.

Riding into the wilderness felt wonderful as you were looking at the scenery that was in front of you. The whole time you kept questioning about why your parents would forbid you to go into the wilderness when there was nothing around that seemed dangerous and could harm you. There were no outlaws, not many wild animals, or even the Wendigo around that would make the area so threatening. All you did was ride your horse through the woods, enjoying the fresh air, feeling the summer breeze go through your (h/l) (h/c) hair, and have a good time with the sense of finally having an adventure.

Some time later, you were starting to feel a little dehydrated and you knew your horse was feeling the same way, so you started searching for a nearby river to stop for a water break. It took a while to find water, but you finally came across a river, with a small waterfall. You got off your horse, took the reins into your hand, and walked your horse towards the river bed. You let go of the reins as the horse bent down and started drinking the water, while you walked into the water, scooped up some water with your hands, and drank some water, which was a relief to you.

After drinking some water as soon as you felt more hydrated, you took some of the water on the tips of your fingers and started sprinkling your face with drops of water to cool down from the heat. While that was happening, for some odd reason, you were starting to get the feeling that you were being watched. You looked around the area to see if there was something nearby watching you. At first, you heard a twig snap, which made you gasp, in fright, and turn your head, frantically, to see who or what it was. But there was nothing around the area. You shook your head, in disbelief, and said to yourself, "It's probably the heat getting to me and I must be hearing things in my mind."

Then, you looked up at the sky and noticed that the sun began to set and the woods were starting to get a little dark. "I better get home soon." You said to yourself once again, and, then, you walked back to your horse. You got on, grabbed the reins, and headed back towards the woods.

But as you were traveling through the woods, it was a little more darker than what it was before and you felt like you didn't know where you were. "Darn it. I don't know where I'm going. I'm lost." You said, as you slowed your horse down, while you were looking for any trials that seemed familiar to you. But none of the trails didn't look like a way back home. 'Perhaps there is one thing bad about the wilderness. You can get lost easily when it's getting dark.' You thought to yourself.

Along the way, you heard twigs snapping. You looked behind to see what it was, but you didn't see anything, so you kept walking down a trail. Then, you heard more twigs snapping, only this time it sounded like it was getting even more closer to you. "Hello? Who are you? This isn't funny." You said, loudly. But no one didn't answer. Instead, you heard a vicious growl somewhere in the shadows of the trees surrounding you. Your horse was even trembling where it started walking backwards, which was making you nervous. You tried to comfort your horse, but nothing was working.