Ichabod Crane #2

Imagine you're an assistant to Ichabod Crane and you're captured by the Headless Horseman.

*Requested by GothicJane0*

About a year ago, you were hired to be an assistant to New York detective, Ichabod Crane. You helped assist him on solving cases all over New York and on examining the lifeless bodies of victims from different cases. You even helped him whenever he was on the verge of fainting since he tends to do that whenever he sees something frightening or unusual.

Later on, Ichabod took an interest in you when you showed your good progress on being his assistant and the way you looked. You both eventually developed feelings for each other one night when you both went out to dinner after solving a case. After a few hesitating attempts, Ichabod proposed to you and you said 'yes'. You both didn't have the time to set up a day when you both were gonna get married because of a recent new case that took place in Sleep Hollow. But Ichabod suggested that after the case was solved, you and him would plan the wedding day.

***

You were in Sleepy Hollow with Ichabod solving a case of the mysterious decapitations of victims from the village. Rumor has it that the person responsible for the decapitations was none other than the legendary Headless Horseman. You and Ichabod were skeptical about the rumor at first until one night when Ichabod witnessed a villager in the nearby pumpkin patch getting decapitated by the Headless Horseman himself. He was frightened about it and he was worried for your safety, but you told him that everything would be alright they ever encountered the Headless Horseman.

It was late at night and a storm was coming in. Every single villager had taken shelter and put boards on their windows in case it was worse. You and Ichabod were inside the cabin you both were staying in when you heard one of the horses you both were borrowing neighing, frantically. "Ichabod, I think one of the horses are not secured properly. I'm gonna go help it." You said, as you grabbed your cloak and hurried out the door. "(y/n), wait!" You heard Ichabod from behind you before you closed the door.

But as you were running towards the horse stall, a gust of wind along with leaves blew right at you, causing you to stop in your tracks and put your arms up in the air to shield yourself from leaves getting into your face. You could even hear the thunder nearby, which frightened you. "(y/n)!" You heard Ichabod's voice. You lowered your arms down a bit and saw him running towards you, looking worried.

All of a sudden, you heard something galloping nearby. Ichabod stopped in his tracks when he saw what was coming up from behind you. "(y/n), it's the Headless Horseman!" He yelled, frighteningly, as he pointed to your direction. You turned around and saw exactly what Ichabod was seeing. The legendary Headless Horseman. "(y/n), run!" Ichabod shouted. But for some reason, you couldn't move. You were scared. Then, the Headless Horseman grabbed your upper arm, roughly, and he pulled you right onto his horse. His tight grip hurt your arm so bad, you let out a yelp. After that, he sat you down in front of him and, then, he tugged on the reins and the horse galloped away, quickly. "Ichabod, help me!" You yelled, as you saw him at a far away distance.

The Headless Horseman galloped through the dark forest until he came to a stop in front of the 'Tree of the Dead'. Then, you felt your (h/l) (h/c) hair being pulled back, making you lean back and look up at the Headless Horseman. You eyes widened and panic started to take over you as you saw the Headless Horseman draw his sword and rise it in the air. You knew what was gonna happen and you wished that Ichabod was here to save you.

Then, there was a galloping sound from a distance. You glanced to the side and you saw Ichabod on his horse, galloping towards you and the Headless Horseman. "Ichabod!" You yelled, as you held out your hand towards his direction. But before Ichabod could save you as he was getting closer, you looked up as you felt the Headless Horseman swing his sword down towards your neck. You let out an echoing scream as you were, suddenly, surrounded by blackness.

***

"No!" You were, suddenly, woken up by Ichabod yelling. "Ichabod!" You exclaimed, as you sat up, quickly, turned on the lamp that was on your nightstand, and you turned to Ichabod, who was sitting up, sweating and looked frightened. "Ichabod, darling, are you alright?" You asked, as you rubbed his upper arm. Ichabod looked as if he snapped back into reality as he turned to you, with tears running down his cheeks. "(y/n)? Is it really you?" He asked, as he brought his shaking hands up to your face and caressed it as if he checking to see if it was really you in front of him. "Yes, darling. It's me." You said, as you rested your hands on top of his hands, which made them stop shaking.

"Oh, (y/n). My sweet (y/n). I thought I lost you." Ichabod said, as he immediately wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to him. He buried his face in your shoulder as he held you, protectively, while crying, softly. You wrapped your arms around him to comfort him. Ever since the case in Sleepy Hollow ended almost a week ago, it's been traumatizing for the both of you, especially with Ichabod when the Headless Horseman nearly killed you when you both confronted him in the dark forest. "Shh. It's okay. Ichabod. I'm here. You were having a nightmare. It's over." You said, in a soothing voice, as you rubbed his back, slowly and gently, with one hand, and ran your fingers through his hair with your other hand. Ichabod stroked the back of your neck with his thumb as he listened to your voice.

Moments later, Ichabod rose his head up to look at you. "It felt so real, (y/n). You were captured by the Headless Horseman and I was trying to save you. But I...I...I was too late. It scared me, (y/n). The thought of losing you, the love of my life, is the most scariest thing in the world to me. I don't know what would happen if I lost you. I mean, you're my world and my heart, (y/n)." He said. You smiled a bit after he said the last sentence to you while you were wiping the tears off his face. But your heart still ached when he was talking about his nightmare and expressing the thought of losing you. "You're never gonna lose me, Ichabod. I know that because I'm gonna be right by your side forever. You too are my world and my heart, Ichabod." You said. Ichabod sighed as he leaned down and rested his forehead against yours and asked, while slightly looking down, "But why do I still have that feeling of losing you, (y/n)?"

You slightly pulled away from Ichabod and you looked at him and said, "You know what, Ichabod? I think you worked too hard on your job and you need a break from work. We should take a vacation from New York and travel someplace where it's calming, relaxing, and less stressful." Ichabod perked up as you could see it in his eye that he liked the idea that you suggested to him. But, then, he looked like he had something else in mind. "That is a wonderful idea, (y/n). But I have something even better. Let's get married tomorrow." He said, enthusiastically. You surprised when he said that. "'Get married tomorrow'?" You questioned. "Exactly! We'll go to the courthouse tomorrow, surely it can't be so expensive to do it there, and, then, we'll leave New York to go on our honeymoon. It'll be even more special than just an ordinary vacation. How does that sound, my dear?" Ichabod said.

You thought about for a few seconds. You had to admit. Ichabod was right about everything that he said. You both haven't planned on when you both were gonna get married and for so long, you felt that you were ready to marry him anytime. You wanted to tell him about it, but you were worried that he was gonna reject the idea because he thought it'd be too soon. "I think it sounds like a great idea, Ichabod, darling." You answered, with a smile. "Are you sure you're ready to be married? I mean, if it's too soon, we can extend it." Ichabod said. "No, no. I'm positive about getting married tomorrow. As a matter of fact, Ichabod, for the longest time, ever since you proposed to me, I had this feeling in my heart that I couldn't wait another day to marry you." You explained.

Ichabod stared at you, surprised. It was as if he wasn't expecting you to answer that. "You-You really mean it, (y/n)?" "Every word, Ichabod." You said. Then, he caressed your cheek with his thumb and he stroked it, gently, as he was, slowly, leaning towards you. "I felt the same way as you did, (y/n)." He said, softly. "Really?" You whispered, while you closed your eyes, slowly. "Really." Ichabod whispered, and, then, he pressed his soft, warm lips against yours and started kissing you, slowly, as you kissed him back. "I love you, Ichabod Crane." You said, in between the kiss. "I love you too, (y/n) (y/l/n). Or should I say, 'soon-to-be Mrs. Crane'." Ichabod said, in between the kiss. You giggled as you continued kissing him.