JD Characters #7

Imagine the JD Characters participating in a contest you organized.

(A/N: The picture above shows who's in this imagine that was randomly selected. Also, be on the lookout for any references that are mentioned in this imagine.)

Your college was hosting an outdoor Halloween Festival since Halloween was coming up in a week. You were in charge of a booth that was holding a candy count contest for anyone that's participating in the festival. You invited your friends, Willy Wonka, Frank Tupelo, Jack Sparrow, and Charlie Mortdecai to the festival since they had nothing to do. They even invited their friend, The Wolf, along with them.

When it was time to start the contest and your friends met up with you, you went over to the microphone to get everyone's attention. "Hello, everyone." You started talking until you heard a familiar voice. "Hi, (y/n)!" You heard Mortdecai's voice, while he was waving his hand in the air, looking, dimwittedly, excited. "Hi, Mortdecai. Anyway, before I announce our candy counting contest, I would like to say thank you all for coming to our college's annual outdoor Halloween Festival. We're very pleased to have you all here and we're very thankful for the Autumn weather and no raining conditions." You said, and everyone clapped.

"Thank you. Thank you. Now, let's get down to business for our contest. Now, you all know Halloween isn't completed without some tasty candy, right? Well, here is your chance to get a head start on some early free candy before Halloween day. Here we have a jar full of jellybeans." "Yay! I love jellybeans!" You heard Willy's voice say out of nowhere, which made everyone look towards his direction, staring at him, oddly. "And that was my chocolate and candy making friend, Willy Wonka." You added. Willy tipped his top hat at everyone. "Anyway, we have here a jar full of jellybeans. Whoever guesses the closest to the exact number of jellybeans in this jar, will get to keep it." You announced, and everyone clapped.

"Now, are there any questions?" You asked. Then, you saw a hand raised in the air. You turned and saw it was Jack's hand. "Yes, Jack?" "I've got a question. How many jellybeans are in that jar, love?" Jack asked. Everyone, including your friends, groaned, in annoyance. Frank shook his head, while Willy tipped his top hat down, trying to cover his face. You shook your head, in annoyance, and said, "Oh, Jack, there's so much not right about you when the rum goes straight to your head." "I do the best I can, love." Jack shouted, drunkly. "One more thing, you'll have one hour to make your guess and put it in the guess box before we close the contest and find out the winner. Good luck." You finished, and, then, you moved away from the microphone to meet up with your friends, while everyone was forming a line to make their guess.

You met up with your friends, except Willy was over at the booth, writing down his guess. "So, you guys gonna try your luck?" You asked. "Absolutely." Frank answered. "Sure, why not?" Jack said. "I will." Mortdecai said. "I don't know." Wolf said, as he walked away. You turned to Frank and asked, "I'm assuming you have a way of making your guess by using your math teaching skills, Frank?" "I sure do, (y/n). I've already got my calculations down of how I'm gonna guess the amount of jellybeans." Frank explained. "Wow. You're such a genius, mate." Jack said, sounding impressed. "Yet, I still can't understand math myself." You said. "Well, you'll understand it once I get started on my calculation method." Frank said.

"I got it!" Willy exclaimed, as he, gleefully, walked back to the group. "You made your guess, Willy?" You asked. "Oh, no, my dear sweet (y/n). I didn't make a guess. I got the answer." Willy said. You and the others looked at him, confused. "Oh, please. How did you get the answer, Willy?" Frank asked, doubtfully. "Willy knows his jellybeans." Willy answered. "Wow." Jack said. "Yeah. You guys can't underestimate Willy's candy count abilities. He's a chocolatier after all." You said. "Oh, come on. He's gotta have at least some type of method of guessing." Frank said. "Is that sort of method, like what Wolf is doing right now, included?" Mortdecai asked, looking away. You and the group turned to where Mortdecai was looking at and you all saw Wolf licking the side of the jar. "Wolf, what are you doing?" You asked. "Licking the jar and smelling the aroma right here." He said. You all looked at him, confused.

***

An hour later, the contest was over and it was time to find out who was the winner. It took about twenty minutes to figure out the winner since there were so many people that were close to the exact answer. But you finally found out who the winner was. You got the winner card and another card before you went up to the microphone to announce the winner.

"Hello, everyone. Welcome back. It is time to announce the winner of who guess the amount of jellybeans in this jar. I have the winner right here. Now, before I announce the winner, I hate to compel to announce the worst guess, which was...fifteen." You said. Everyone in the crowd murmured, in confusion. "I won? I won! Oh, I knew I could count on my lucky mustache!" You heard Mortdecai's voice say, in excitement. Everyone, including your friends, groaned. 'I should've known he'd make a guess like that since he can't even count to hundred.' You thought to yourself, while shaking your head. "No, Mortdecai, you didn't win. In fact, I don't understand why you even guessed that number." You said, feeling guilty of saying the truth to him.

You took out the envelope that had the winner card in it. "So, let me get right to the winner. And the winner, who will receive this whole jar of jellybeans and who had guessed the exact number of jellybeans, which was one thousand, nine-hundred and eighty-four, is...Frank Tupelo!" You announced. You and everyone turned towards Frank's direction as he was cheering, in victory. 'I guess those math calculations really paid off.' You thought to yourself. Willy seemed a bit bummed as Frank was cheering in front of him.

Then, you felt a nudge on your arm. You turned and saw someone with another card. You took it and noticed that someone else had the correct answer as well. You went up to the microphone and said, "It appears that we have another winner who had guessed the exact same answer besides Frank." "What?" You heard Frank say. "So, it looks like the second winner, who will share this jar of jellybeans with Frank, is...Willy Wonka." Then, you heard Willy cheering. You turned towards his direction and saw him do a little dance, like whenever he hears an Oompa Loompa song. You noticed Frank looked defeated, like he was saying, 'Damn, I shouldn't have underestimated that chocolate man.' "Told you I knew my jellybeans." Willy told Frank.

"Thank you all so much for your participation. Enjoy the rest of the festival." You said, and, then, you left the booth since the contest was over. You grabbed the jar of jellybeans and you walked towards the group. "Congratulations, Frank and Willy." You said, as you handed Frank the jar. "Wow. That sure is a lot of jellybeans. I wonder who invented them?" Jack said, observing closely at them. "I can't believe I doubted this chocolate man." Frank said. "Oh, don't worry, Frank. At least you have someone to share the jellybeans with." Willy said, bouncing his eyebrows and smiled, widely. Frank rolled his eyes.

"I'm starving. Let's go get something to eat. No little girls for you today, Wolf." You said, turning to Wolf, who looked bummed. "Phooey." He said. Then, you all started walking out of the festival. "Now, how did you come up with the number fifteen, Mortdecai?" You asked. "I was trying to count the jellybeans and I ended up stopping on fifteen after losing track of the jellybeans I counted." Mortdecai explained. You rolled your (e/c) eyes and shook your head. "Wow. And I thought my number was worse than yours." Jack said. "What was it, Jack?" Willy asked. Jack counted with his fingers for a second until he answered, "Two-thousand and three." You looked back at him and said, "Well...you were close enough, Jack." "Well, I tried the best I could. Now let's go get something to eat. Me stomach is growling like a whale." He said, which you and the others laugh.