Gilbert Grape #3

Imagine you and Gilbert Grape making a grocery delivery.

You were finishing up work at Lamson's Grocery with your boyfriend, Gilbert Grape. You dusted the shelves and counters while Gilbert swept the floors. "Gilbert, we go home now?" Gilbert's mentally challenged younger brother, Arnie, asked, while flicking his nose. "We're almost done, Arnie." Gilbert said, as he swept up the last bit of dirt in the dustpan. "There. All done." You said to yourself, as you finished up with the dusting. You and Gilbert, then, put everything away and you both, along with Arnie, were about to leave until Mr. Lawson stopped you both.

"Gilbert, (y/n), the Thompsons need a delivery. They aren't home, so they left their spare key under the placemat for you two. Could you both do that, please?" He asked. You and Gilbert glanced at each other and, then, Gilbert nodded. You looked at Mr. Lamson and answered, "Of course, sir. We'll take care of it." Then, Mr. Lamson bagged the needed groceries and he handed them to you and Gilbert. "Let's get going, (y/n). Come on, Arnie." Gilbert said. Then, the three of you exited out the door, put the groceries in the back of Gilbert's truck, and, then, you all got inside the truck and drove to the Thompson house.

***

It's been six months since you moved to Endora and met Gilbert Grape and his family. You wanted to start a new life in small town in Iowa to get away from your family drama. When you were searching for places around town for a job, you ran into Gilbert and Arnie at the local diner. After doing introductions and explaining what you were doing at the moment, Gilbert suggested working at Lamson's Grocery, where he works, and you immediately took the offer. A week later, Gilbert asked you if you wanted to come have dinner with his family. You met his two sisters and his obese mother and they treated you kindly. But you didn't like Gilbert insulting his own mother behind her back. They offered a room in their house for you to stay since you didn't have anywhere to stay other then your car. You hesitated at first, but you accepted their offer and, then, you moved in with the Grape family.

A couple months after settling in Endora, you and Gilbert developed feelings for each other. You didn't have the nerve to tell him how you felt until he told you his feelings towards you. After you both confessed your feelings towards each other, you both became boyfriend and girlfriend. The only issue about your relationship with Gilbert was not having privacy. It mostly stressed Gilbert out because he couldn't have at least one hour of freedom from his family and work to spend time with you. You didn't blame him because his life's so complicated. But, eventually, he thought of methods of how you both could have some privacy...if it worked.

***

Gilbert pulled up to the Thompson's house and, then, you and him got out of the truck to grab the groceries. Arnie was saying something that you couldn't hear since both the doors were closed. As you were walking towards the front door, you could hear Gilbert saying, "Arnie, stay in the truck." You set down the grocery bags, lift the corner of the placemat up, grabbed the spare key, and unlocked the front door. You, then, opened the door, grabbed the groceries, and walked inside the house, heading towards the kitchen, with Gilbert following behind you with the rest of the groceries.

When you got to the kitchen, you set the groceries on the counter and started unpacking and putting them in the pantry or refrigerator. Gilbert helped you out with the rest. You grabbed the last bag and started putting everything in the refrigerator.

But as you were putting the last food item in the refrigerator, you, suddenly, felt your (h/l) (h/c) hair being pulled back, slowly. Next you knew you felt soft, warm lips on the crook of your neck. You started blushing as you set the food item on the shelf and closed the refrigerator door as you still felt kisses on your neck. "Gilbert, what...are you doing?" You asked, trying to hold back a moan. "Showing how much I love you, (y/n)." Gilbert answered, softly, by your ear, as he continued kissing your neck. "Um, Gilbert, we...shouldn't do this. This...this is...wrong. We're in...someone's house." You said, while closing your eyes, enjoying his sweet kisses on your neck. "They're gone, (y/n). It's just you and me." Gilbert said, as he moved to your cheek and kissed it.

You chuckled, softly, as you opened your eyes and turned around so that you were facing him. Then, you leaned up and pressed your lips against his. Gilbert kissed you back immediately while he wrapped his arms around you and held you close. You closed your eyes as the kiss was becoming deeper and passionate. You let out a small moan as you felt Gilbert's tongue lick the bottom of your lip, trying to gain entrance. He let out a moan as you opened your mouth and allowed his tongue to wiggle with yours.

Then, you felt Gilbert started walking, slowly, making you walk backwards as you both continued kissing. You, suddenly, felt something hit your lower back. You pulled away from the kiss and looked behind you to see the dining room table. You turned back to Gilbert, who was smirking down at you. "Really, Gilbert? The dining room table?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. But Gilbert ignored your question with a giggle. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" He asked, grinning. "Mm, I think I know the answer. Yes." You said. Gilbert chuckled and whispered, closely to your face, "I love you to the moon and back, (y/n) (y/l/n)." You smiled and blushed even more as you whispered back, "And I love you to the moon and back too, Gilbert Grape."

After that, Gilbert smiled as he leaned down and started kissing you, deeply and passionately, again. You kissed him back as you both proceeded back to where you both were. You felt Gilbert lifting you up under your legs and setting you down on the dining room table, without breaking the kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck as you felt him laying you down, gently. Afterwards, you unwrapped your arms from his neck and started unbuttoning his shirt, slowly. You could feel Gilbert's hands on the hem of your shirt as he started lifting it up.

All of a sudden, there was a distant thump sound. You and Gilbert, quickly, pulled away from the kiss and looked at the front door. "Gilbert, did I just hear a car door slam?" You said, worriedly. "Yes." Gilbert answered, without hesitating, as he pulled you back up and lifted you off the table. You both quickly straightened your clothes and hair out as you both heard the front door unlocking. Then, the door opened, revealing the Thompson family.

Mr. Thompson spotted you and Gilbert by the dining room table, while his wife walked upstairs with their two kids. "Ah, I see that you both delivered the groceries. Nothing like perfect timing." He said. "You can say that again." Gilbert muttered, sounding disappointed. You slightly elbowed him, telling him to 'shut up'. "Indeed, Mr. Thompson. We got everything put away for you all and...Gilbert and I were just getting ready to...leave." You said, trying to sound casual. "Well, my wife, the kids, and I really appreciate it. We'll call you if we need another delivery." Mr. Thompson said. "Yes, sir. Please do." Gilbert said. Then, you both said 'goodbye' to him and headed out the door.

When you both got outside, you were relieved to see Arnie playing in the grass, instead of finding him missing to go climb up the water tower. "Come on, Arnie. Let's go home." Gilbert said. "Okay, Gilbert." Arnie said, as he got up and walked to the truck. Gilbert turned to you, still looking slightly disappointed. "I'm sorry, (y/n). I really wish we could just have one day to spend some time together without any distractions." He said. You smiled a bit as you rested your hands on his chest. "It's okay, Gilbert. I understand how you feel. There's no need to apologize. But you know what? There's always next time." You said, sounding seductive at the end. Gilbert, then, smirked down at you and pecked your lips. "You're right, (y/n). There's always next time." You chuckled, softly, and, then, you kissed him on the lips, softly this time, with Gilbert kissing you back.

Moments later, you both pulled away from the kiss as you both heard Arnie laughing in the background. You both looked at him, grinning. Then, Gilbert turned back to you and said, "Let's go home, (y/n)." "Sounds good, Gilbert." You said. Then, you both got inside the truck, with Arnie, and headed back to Gilbert's house.