John Dillinger #3

Imagine you helping John Dillinger escape from prison.

1933.

Three months ago, your boyfriend, John Dillinger, a well-known gangster you ran away with from your parents' farmhouse after he stayed there for a bit, was arrested by the FBI and was taken to the Indiana State Penitentiary after he and his gang had robbed a bank in Chicago a month prior. You haven't heard from him since then until he sent you a letter to the loft you both were staying at. He has written to you that he's planning on escaping prison and he needed your help. He mentioned the whole plan on the letter and you smiled as you were onboard with the plan. You waited the next day to help him escape.

It was around four o'clock in the afternoon as you were waiting in John's Black 1931 Ford Model A around the corner near the prison, while you briefly glanced down at the pocket watch he had given to you the day you both ran away together. He had mentioned in the letter that he planned on escaping around four and he instructed you to listen and start the car when you hear the prison alarm that will signal his escape. You put your pocket watch away and you kept waiting for the signal.

Then, all of a sudden, you heard the prison siren blaring. That was the signal. You started the car and sped away from the corner and headed towards the entrance of the prison. As you were getting closer, you saw a familiar tall, slender handsome man in a dark gray suit, a dark gray fedora hat, and a long black overcoat, running out of the entrance, looking behind, with a handgun in his hand. It was none other than your boyfriend, John Dillinger. You pulled up in front of him and, then, you leaned over and opened the passenger door for him. "Need a ride, Mr. Dillinger?" You asked. "I can't take 'no' for an answer." He said, as he ran towards the car and hopped inside and closed the door as you sped off before the prison guards ran out of the entrance.

You sped down the road for about a minute until you reach a small town and drove at a normal speed. "Now who taught you how to drive like that, baby girl?" John asked, smirking at you. You chuckled and answered, "Gee, I don't know. Would that be the handsome man that is sitting next to me?" John chuckled as he placed his hand on the back of your shoulder-length (h/c) hair and stroked the back of it. "That's right, doll. That's right." He said, grinning.

Moments later, you pulled into an alleyway and, then, you stopped the car. After that, you embraced John in a tight, but gentle hug and he hugged you back, like he didn't want to let you go. He sighed before he said, softly, "Oh, (y/n), I've missed you so much. I've missed you every moment of the day." "I've missed you too, Johnny. There have been nights I couldn't sleep after you've been arrested. I thought I wasn't gonna see you again." You said.

Then, John pulled away from the hug, but kept both of his hands on your shoulders, and looked straight into your (e/c) eyes. "You don't have to worry about that anymore, baby girl. Because you and me are gonna be together and I'm not goin' nowhere." He said. You smiled and asked, "Really, Johnny?" "I mean it, (y/n). We're gonna get out of this state and we're gonna find ourselves a suitable place to stay where no one will find us. We'll be together every single moment of the day." John said.

"Just the three of us?" You said. John looked at you, confused. "'The three of us'? What are you talking about, (y/n)?" He asked. Then, without saying a word, you took one of John's hands and you placed it on your slightly swollen abdomen. "This is what I mean, Johnny." You said, with a smile. After that, he looked at you, realizing what you were talking about. "(y/n), does this mean—" "You're gonna be a daddy." You finished for him.

Then, he giggled, excitedly, as he placed his other hand on your abdomen and started rubbing it, gently. "(y/n). Sweetheart, I can't believe this. We're gonna have a baby. We're gonna be parents." John said, and, then, he leaned down and placed a kiss on top of your abdomen. You giggled, softly, as you ran your fingers through his brown short hair. You were happy to see him excited that he's having a baby with you. "How far along are you, (y/n)?" "I'm three months, Johnny." You answered. "Aw, (y/n)." He said, remembering the special night you both had together before he was arrested the next day. He sat up and looked at you, with a smile on his face, while he caressed your cheeks with both of his hands.

"Aw, baby girl, this is the happiest day of my life." John said, before he leaned forward and kissed your lips for a second. "Not only did I get out of prison and be back in your arms again, but we're gonna be a family. Just you, me, and John Jr." He added. You giggled and asked, "How do you even know it's a boy, Johnny?" "I don't know what it is yet. But if it is a boy, then, we should name him 'John Jr.'." He said. You smirked and at him and said, "Fine. Whatever you want to name our son. But if it's a girl, we should name her 'Mary'." "'Mary'? I like that name. It will suit her very good and she'll look pretty like her mother." John said, as he tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. You blushed and smiled even more after he said that. "And if we have a boy, he'll be tough and handsome, just like his daddy." You said. John chuckled and said, "You got that right, sweetheart."

Afterwards, you and John stared at each other for a few seconds until you spoke. "I love you, John Dillinger." You said. John moved one of his hands off your cheeks and continued caressing your cheek with his thumb before he started leaning, slowly, towards you. "And I love you too, (y/n) (y/l/n)." He said, and, then, he pressed his lips against yours and you both kissed each other, while John rested his hand on your abdomen.

Moments later, you both pulled away from the kiss and John scooted back a little to the passenger seat. "Let's get out of here, baby girl. The cops will be at our loft by the time we get there to get our stuff." He said. You moved back to the steering wheel and started the car. "Which is why I have taken the liberty of packing all our needed stuff in the car, Johnny." You said, gesturing your head to the trunk of the car. He chuckled and he placed his hand on your shoulder. "That's my girl. I love it when you plan ahead." He said. You smirked at him before you said, "I try my best." Then, you drove out of the alleyway and drove back on the road. "Where to?" You asked. "Wherever the road leads us, (y/n). If we're lucky, maybe we'll reach our destination in Vermont." John said. You looked and smiled at him for a second before you focused back on the road and kept on driving.