Willy Wonka #14

Imagine Willy Wonka saving you when you're out in the snow after leaving your home.

All your life, your strict parents, who are both dentists, forbid you to have any candy or chocolate treats. When you were little, you walked by a well-known local candy store on Cherry Street and saw all the delicious candies and chocolate bars made by the famous chocolatier, Willy Wonka. Everything looked so delicious, you asked your parents if you could buy a piece of candy, but your parents didn't hesitate to say 'no' and explained that candy's a bad influence on your teeth and warned you that you'll be sent to your room as punishment if you ever brought any candy home against their rules.

But through the years, whenever your parents were out working while you were at home by yourself or whenever you were hanging out somewhere in town like the park, you would go to the candy shop and buy a Wonka chocolate bar or any other Wonka candy that seemed interesting to you. Tasting the wonderful chocolate bars and candy created by Willy Wonka himself has inspired you of wanting to become a candy maker as you have thought up some brilliant ideas. But more importantly, you've dreamed of wanting to meet Willy Wonka in person.

***

It was the end of a snowy November night as you, now twenty-three years old, were in your bedroom, packing up all of your clothes and belongings, with tear stains on your cheeks. Not close to thirty minutes ago, you confessed to your parents that you were gonna follow your dream to be a candy maker. Much to their dismay since they wanted you to become a dentist just like them, your father told you to go follow your dream, but never set foot in their house again. You were given an hour to pack and, then, leave premises; it hurt you, but at the same time, you were happy to leave your strict parents and live your own life.

After you gave your parents one last look, you left the house with a suitcase and backpack and set off to find someplace to stay for the night before finding a suitable place to live in the next day. Not one car or person was nowhere in sight, which made sense as it was getting close to eleven o'clock at night and the snow was coming down fast. It was gonna be very difficult to find a place that was possibly open at this late at night. You shivered a bit as you were starting to feel cold, so you used your free hand to pull your winter coat around you to keep yourself warm.

But as you were walking in the snowy streets under a few street lights, you were, suddenly, caught in an unexpected thick blizzard, making it hard to walk in the snow and to see where you were going. You knew the town very well, but walking through a blizzard while being surrounded by nothing but snow didn't make it very easy. The wind was strong and the snow flew right at your face so hard, it stung all over. No matter how many times you set your suitcase down to move your scarf over your mouth or keep your winter hat from flying away from the wind while you were holding your coat around you as tight as you could, you shivered even more from being cold.

Two minutes of walking and struggling through the blizzard, you were completely lost. It was definitely the worst snowstorm you've ever seen in your life. You couldn't see anything in your view because of so much snow was being blown all over the place by the wind. But above all, the more snow was getting blown at your face, the more colder you were getting.

Sooner or later, you came upon two gated doors that you could barely see through the snow. You felt like you couldn't walk anymore due to feeling extremely cold from the weather, so with all the strength you had left, you walked over to the gated doors and sat down next to them. Once you sat down, you took your backpack off and held it against your chest and set your suitcase down so that you were laying against it. "I-I'm s-s-so c-c-cold." You said, while shivering, where you could hear your teeth chattering like crazy due to you being cold more than ever as the snow was, slowly, covering you where you were laying.