Edward Scissorhands #7

Imagine you helping Edward Scissorhands hold a baby.

*Requested by TayNicole99*

It was around the afternoon on a chill Autumn Friday as you were in your bedroom working on homework for your Senior Year college classes when you heard your mother call for your name from the living room. You stopped what you were doing and headed to the living room to see what it was that she possibly needed. When you got to the living room, you exclaimed in surprise when you saw your mother standing next to your older sister, with her three month old baby girl in her arms.

"Paige!" You said, excitedly, as you ran over and embraced your older sister, Paige, in a gentle hug, with Paige hugging you back with one arm. "It's good to see you, (y/n)." Paige said. You, then, pulled away from the hug and looked at your little niece, Poppy. "Hi, Poppy. How's my little angel?" You cooed at her and she gave you the cutest smile that melts your heart easily. "Your sister and niece decided to surprise us with a week visit." Your mother said. "Yeah. I thought since my maternity leave is almost up, I thought it would be nice for Poppy and I to travel here from Los Angeles to visit you all." Paige said. "It is indeed a surprise. We haven't seen you since Poppy was born." You said.

"Well, we're very happy to have you and Poppy here, Paige. Unfortunately, I have to go deliver some chicken soup for your Aunt Abigail. She's caught the flu and I have to go help take care of her for a bit. I'll be back in a couple hours with dinner." Your mother said, as she grabbed a big bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and headed out the door. "Okay, mom." You and Paige both said, in unison.

After your mother left, you, gently, took Poppy out of your sister's arms and you held her in your arms and admired her. Being an aunt has been best thing that has ever happened to you in your life. "So, how's everything going with college, (y/n)?" Paige asked. "It's been good. Bit of a struggle, but I'm getting the hang of it. At least I don't have to stay in the dorm rooms anymore. Thank goodness mom and dad's house is not too far from college." You said. "Have you found that special guy yet?" "Uh, not really." You answered, while shifting your eyes back and forth without your sister seeing you. "(y/n), you gotta put yourself out there and find someone that will make you happy before it's too late." Paige convinced you. "I just have no interest in searching for a guy, Paige. I'm happy how things are right now." You responded.

"Anyway, how you've been on maternity leave, sis?" You asked. "It's been good. But it's been very tiring. The first couple of months with Poppy had been very difficult for Bryan and I. She cried all the time, even the whole night where neither one of us didn't get any sleep at all. We were worried that the smallest sound was gonna wake her up and make her cry again." Paige explained, as she left out a big sigh once she sat on the couch, looking exhausted. "I'm sure this sort of thing happens to a lot of first time parents, Paige. At least I now know what it's like after having your first." You said.

"Yeah. I guess you're right, (y/n). After all, this is all part of parenthood and I'm enjoying every moment of it, even when I don't get that much sleep." Paige said, with a yawn at the end. "But I could sure use a good long nap right now. I couldn't sleep during the flight on the way down here as I was looking out for my baby. I really wish Bryan was here, but he's attending a business trip in Seattle." She added. "You go ahead and rest, sis. I'll look after Poppy. I need some auntie time with my little niece." You said. Paige smiled, tiredly, as she got up from the couch and said back, "Thank you so much, (y/n). I really appreciate it. Do what you want to do. She already changed her and fed her so she'll be fine. You can even take her out on a walk. Whatever is fine with me. Just make sure you look after her and makes sure she's safe." "Alright, Paige. Have a good nap." You said, as you watched your sister walk into the guest bedroom, leaving just you and Poppy.