Sixty-Eight

"You really didn't have to drop me off at the airport." I laugh awkwardly as Danny and I approach LAX. It's been a few days since our date and we've actually been talking everyday, and when Danny learned that I was leaving early this morning, he insisted on dropping me off.

He shakes his head. "It's not a big deal. Besides, I wanted to see you one more time before you left." he shrugs, smiling.

"You're sweet." I grin, leaning my head against the head rest.

He looks over at me and places his hand on my thigh, catching me off guard. "I've really enjoyed these past few days, Camila." he smiles.

"I...have too." I nod slowly.

"Yeah?"

I nod again, smiling. "Yeah."

"Okay, good to know this isn't a one sided thing." he chuckles, letting out a sigh of relief.

It wasn't really a one sided thing. Danny's a great guy, I've always known that, but I guess I kind of forgot how nice it was to be around him. I...think maybe there could be something between us that goes further than just being friends. Maybe. It's still new and its something I have to get used to. "Thanks." I smile, taking him as I begin to unbuckle myself.

"I'll get your suitcase out of the trunk." he says, also unbuckling himself. I asked him to just drop me off outside of my gate, so he wouldn't have to go to the trouble of going into the airport with me.

I get out of the car and wait patiently for him to hand me my luggage. "Thanks again for this." I smile, taking the suitcase from his hands.

"No problem." he smiles, looking down at me.

"Uh," I look down at my phone, seeing the time. 5:30am. "I should get going." I laugh, rolling my eyes. "I hate how early this flight is."

He nods. "Yeah, okay. Have a safe flight."

"Thanks." I smile, giving him a quick peck on the lips. He leans back down for another kiss, a longer one this time, and I smile as I pull away a few moments later.

"Talk soon?"

I nod, biting down a smile. "Talk soon."

***

"I missed you!" Sabrina smiles, pulling me into a tight hug.

I laugh, patting her back lightly. "It was just a few weeks, Sabrina. And we talked almost everyday." I laugh, pulling away.

"Still." she rolls her eyes.

I smile, shaking my head. "How'd you enjoy your time off?" I ask.

"It was great. Much needed. Ben and I needed the time together." she nods.

"That's great. I'm glad." I nod.

"How was your time though?"

I look at her nervously. Do I tell her about Danny? "It went...fine." I nod slowly.

"What did you do? You're acting suspicious." she narrows her eyes at me.

I sigh. "I...kinda started talking to my ex again."

"The one that cheated?!" she asks with wide eyes.

I shake my head quickly. "Oh, god no. I would never." I laugh, shaking my head again. "It's a guy that I dated briefly before Nate."

"Oh." she nods slowly. "That's...cool I guess?" she shrugs.

I sigh, nodding. "I know what you're thinking. I got over Juan way too quickly."

"Are you over him?" she asks.

"Of course not." I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "I went out with a few of my friends and he was one of them, and things just kind of sparked from that night. It's been like a week since then. We've gone on a date and he drove me to the airport." I shrug.

She nods. "Have you guys slept together? Sorry if I'm being super forward." she smiles, rolling her eyes.

"We haven't." I shake my head. "We're just testing out the waters right now. Nothing serious at all yet."

She nods again. "Do you like him?"

"I mean..." I shrug, nodding a little. "kind of. He's a really great guy. Super sweet. Super good looking. He's everything you could possibly want in a boyfriend."

She gives me a sad smile. "But he's not Juan."

"But he's not Juan." I say, nodding.

"I'm really sorry, Cami." she frowns.

I shake my head. "Don't be. I'm trying really hard to not focus on that whole not-being-Juan part. He's an amazing person. That's what I'm focusing on right now."

"Good." she nods, smiling. "You deserve to be happy, no matter who it's with."

I give her a small smile. "Yeah, I know."

"So what's this lucky guys name?" she asks, her interest peaking.

"Danny."

She nods. "Sounds cute. What color hair? Eyes?"

"Brown hair, brown eyes." I smile, shaking my head.

"He a good kisser?"

I laugh loudly now, nodding. "Yeah, he's a good kisser."

"Great!" she exclaims. "You're all set, he's got the whole package. Good looking, good guy, good kisser." she nods.

I smile. "Yeah, he does."

But he's not Juan.

A/n
Super sorry this took so long to get out, but I haven't had much inspiration lately! I'll try to get another few chapters out soon. I hope you all had the BEST holidays and that your year has been amazing so far!!