Seventy-Four

"Okay, you just have to go in, ask if your little boyfriend can tag along with Sofia to the show. That's it." Sabrina shrugs as we stand outside of Juan's suite.

I roll my eyes. "First of all, he's not my boyfriend. Second of all, I'm so nervous, Sabrina." I whine, tugging her arm anxiously.

"You're gonna be fine. It's Juan." she smiles, nodding reassuringly.

I shake my head. "Yeah, but it's not the same. He saw Danny and I kiss, Sabrina. It's gonna feel so awkward."

"Well you have to ask for permission for Danny to come to the show, right?" I nod. "Then you've gotta do this." she nods, looking over at the french doors that are just waiting for me to knock on them.

I sigh. "But what if-"

"I'll be waiting for you just around the corner." Sabrina says, pointing down the hall that leads to more suites. she quickly knocks on the doors, making a run for it.

My eyes widen. "Sabrina!" I whisper-yell as she continues to run away.

"Love you!" she yells back, waving as she disappears around the corner.

My head snaps in the direction of the doors as it opens abruptly. "Camila." Juan says, clearly surprised to see me. I fight the urge to cringe as he says my name. I don't want him to call me 'Camila'. I used to be 'Cami' to him. His Cami. And now everything is different.

"Hi." I smile out.

He opens the door wider for me to walk in. I move him past him quickly, into the large suite. "What's up?"

"Are you busy? I can come back at another time."

He shakes his head, leading us to the living room. "Nah, I'm all alone right now. I was just watching some show that was on TV." he says, taking a seat and turning off the TV.

"Well..." I trail off nervously. "I have another little favor to ask." I look over at him and smile nervously. He nods, listening. "Danny, the guy from-from earlier..." I cringe a little shaking my head at the thought of him kissing me in front of Juan. "can he come to the show along with Sofia?" I look away from him when he doesn't say anything back. Fuck, I hate this. "I-I know it's weird, but-"

"What are you doing, Camila?" he asks, causing me to look over at him again. Camila. There it is again.

I shake my head, not understanding. "What?"

"Why are you doing this?" he asks, shaking his head as well. "Why is he here? Why is he kissing you in front of me? Why?"

I let out a shaky breath. "I didn't know he was coming." I shake my head quickly. "I just-I can't leave him alone here. He wants to come to the show. Can he?" I spit it all out so quickly, wanting the conversation to be over.

"Es tu novio?" he asks, looking over at me, a slight fear in his eyes.

I shrug, shaking my head slowly. "Not really, no. We've just been...kind of seeing each other lately."

"Are you trying to break my heart even more? Seeing you two kiss, seeing him here-"

I shake my head again. "I seriously would've never invited him here. I swear. He wanted to surprise me, Juan. I had no idea. I'm sorry."

"I really never thought you'd be moving on before me. It hurts like crazy." he chuckles humorlessly.

I exhale sharply, sighing. "I'm not over you."

"You're not?" he asks.

"I wish I was." I admit quietly.

He scoots in closer, taking my hands out of my lap. "Then why are you with him? Why don't you send him home?"

"Juan-" I shake my head, looking down at his hands that are grasping mine desperately. "I'm not over you, but I'm trying to be. I can't."

"Cami, come on, I know you still want to be with me."

Maybe I do. I shake my head anyway. "Juan, I didn't come here to talk about us."

"But you do want to be with me." he insists.

I quickly take my hands out of his grasp and scoot a few inches away. "Juan, we said we would try to be normal around each other. This isn't normal. Can we please stop?" I plead.

"I said I could act as if nothing happened if you were sure it was what you wanted. You're not sure." he says. "Tell me you're still sure it's what you want." he stares at me, waiting for an answer.

I stay quiet, looking over at him. "Can Danny come to the show or not?" I ask, standing up quickly. I can't have this conversation with Sabrina waiting for me outside. It's a conversation that would take way too long to get through, and I'm not ready for it. "That's what I came here for."

"Seriously?" he asks, standing up as well. I nod, crossing my arms over my chest. I stare at him, not saying anything else. I'm about to walk out before he finally says something. "Yes. He can come." he says, nodding slowly.

I let my arms fall at my sides. "Thank you." I nod.

"Cami." he grabs a hold of my arm before I can turn and walk away. "Leave him. Please." he whispers it, resting his forehead on mine.

I let my eyes flutter shut, enjoying the feeling of him so close to me. "Thank you." I repeat myself, lifting my head up to look at him. He looks down at me, frowning. I turn on my heel and walk out of the suite.