Eighteen

"This place is gorgeous, Juan!" I exclaim while looking around at the suite in complete awe.

He chuckles, shutting the door behind him. "Yeah, whenever I come to Vegas, this is where I stay." When I look back at him, he has his hands in his pockets while he looks around the place. "It's amazing how far I've gotten."

I smile, taking a seat on one of the many couches that surround the living room area. "You know what I want to know? I want to know how the man before me got to having all of this." I motion around us. "I mean, have you always had the money? Where did you start?" I ask curiously.

He sighs, motioning for me to follow him. "I need a drink for this. Take a seat." he pulls out a chair for me at the bar. He goes behind it, pulling out a couple of shot glasses.

I laugh, taking a seat. "Is it really that complicated?"

He nods slowly. "I guess."

I tilt my head and squint my eyes in confusion. "Why?"

"Well, growing up I didn't have much money. I didn't grow up in a very wealthy community. For most of my life I had played soccer. I thought it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life." He pours two shots. "I wanted to become a professional soccer player. Until, one day, I wanted to try out something different. I also really enjoyed writing music. So, for my birthday, my Aunt took me to a studio to record a song that I had written. She had special connections so that's how she got me into the studio. Since then, music has just been my passion. There's a lot more to the story but that's pretty much the basics."

I grab one of the shots, throwing it back before making a probably super ugly face. "That's super cool. How long have you been in the industry?" I ask.

"Well, probably around seven years. I've only been pretty well known for about five though." He nods, also throwing back his shot.

I rest my chin on my fist. "You seem like you would have a pretty interesting life. I'd like to hear all of your story one day." I grin.

He smiles. "And I'd really like to tell you my whole story one day, too. We would need to set up an entire day for that though." he chuckles.

I push the shot glass towards him gently. "Another one, please."

He chuckles. "Sure. I guess I'm the bartender now."

I shrug. "I never told you to get back there."

"I guess you're right." He clears his throat. "So, are you homesick yet?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Nope. I mean, I kinda miss my friends and family but I'm low key kinda happy that this job opportunity came when it did."

His eyebrows knit in confusion. "Why?"

"I don't know, I probably would've driven myself crazy thinking about how I had just been cheated on." I shrug. "This whole traveling the world thing kinda takes my mind off of all of that."

He smiles. "Well, in that case, I'm glad that this job came at the perfect timing too. We would have never met if we didn't offer you this job either." he points out.

I nod. "Yeah, you're right."

He comes back around, taking a seat next to me. "You're buzzed, I can see it in those beautiful eyes of yours."

I grin. "Yeah, I'm starting to feel it a little. I'm not drunk yet though, that's for sure." laughing, I shake my head. I look down to avoid eye contact because again, I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach. Maybe this isn't just a physical thing I have going.

"Yeah, I can tell you aren't drunk yet. You're way more fun when you are." he chuckles.

I look up, gasping. "You're such a jerk!" I smack his chest roughly, even though I try containing my laughter I end up failing miserably.

"You're cute when you laugh." He chuckles.  "You don't do it often enough."

I look down again, tracing the lines of my pants, trying to hide the blush that's creeping up onto my cheeks. "Thanks." I mutter lowly.

I feel his hand go under my chin, bringing my head up so that I'm looking right at him. "Are you blushing?" He asks, laughing. I look over every feature of his face. I hate how perfect his face is. He has a minor scar under his left eye, but that just adds more character to him. Other then that, he's perfect. His beard is trimmed to perfection, his lips are full and plump, and those beautiful chocolate brown eyes are breathtaking. It's like they have me under a spell.

I feel my mouth become dry. So all I do is shake my head. "No." My response comes out strained.

We just stare at each other for what feels like an eternity. It feels as if my heart is about to come out of my chest. My breath hitches when he runs his thumb over my lower lip. "I really want to kiss you right now" He admits lowly.

"Do it." I say through a low and shaky voice.

When he stands from his seat on the stool I'm scared that he's going to ask me to leave or something but nothing prepares me for what he actually does.