Fifty-Six

Slamming my door shut behind me, the dejavú is all too real. It's the second time I've left Juan's hotel room completely and utterly heartbroken, except this time it's so much worse. I'm actually in love with the lying jerk this time. So in love. I feel tears beginning to sting my eyes, but shake my head, refusing to let myself cry. I wont do it.

I open up my suitcase, taking out a pair of pajamas and panties, making my way to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind me. I shower quickly before getting into bed. We have a flight to catch to Denver at 5am, which means I actually have to be up by three.

I pull the covers over my body, praying to God that he can make me think of anything other than Juan tonight.

***

I wake up to hear light knocking on my door. I look over at the clock on the side table next to me, seeing that it's 3am on the dot. I groan, sticking my head into my pillow, shaking my head. The knocking stops for a second, but continues again right after, only louder this time. I pull the covers off of my body, sleepily walking towards the door. I look through the peephole to see that it's Juan standing there. "Go away." I say, not bothering to open the door.

"Camila, please just open the door."

"No." I say, crossing my arms over my body, glaring at the door.

He sighs loudly. "Please. I'm not gonna be able to get on this flight until we talk."

I stare at the door for a few more moments, contemplating whether or not I should open the door. "I really don't want to talk to you right now."

"Ple-"

"I said no Juan." I repeat myself harshly.

I know my cold tone works because once I look out of the peephole again, I see him begin to walk away slowly. Good. I'm not in the mood to talk to him right now, and I don't know when I will be. I sigh, walking away from the door to get ready for the airport.

I arrive to our gate in a matching sweat suit and my carry on. I'm seated next to Sabrina. All the other girls are scattered around the seating area, most asleep.

"You look down, Camila

"You look down, Camila. What's wrong?" she asks with a frown.

I shake my head. "No, I'm fine. I'm just really tired."

She nods slowly. "Okay..."

When I see Juan walk into our gate, taking a seat across from Sabrina and I, I cant deny how incredible he looks. He's wearing the most basic outfit yet he looks so good. But why does he have to be a liar? Why did he have to lie to me?

 But why does he have to be a liar? Why did he have to lie to me?

"Should I call him over?" Sabrina asks.

I shake my head quickly. "No. Please don't."

She gives me a confused look. "Okay, we got into a fight last night. I don't want to even look at him right now." I sigh.

She frowns. "Already?"

"Yes." I roll my eyes. "I don't wanna talk about it right now, Sabrina. Can we just...sit and wait for this flight?"

She nods slowly. "Yeah.."

"Thank you." I give her a grateful smile. I can feel Juan's eyes on me, staring hard, but I cant even bring myself to look at him.

***

We arrive at our hotel, and I immediately go up to my room, not wanting to mingle with anyone in the lobby like everyone else is. Not even two minutes after I've settled into my room, someone is knocking on my door.

I roll my eyes, walking over to the door again. I look through the peephole. "Juan, I'm not gonna open the door. Just go away." He knocks again. I shake my head, walking over to the bed. He knocks again. And again. I turn off the lights to the room and pull the covers over my body, drowning out the sound of his knocks with my headphones, turning up the volume to my music.

***

The knocking eventually stops and I can finally go to sleep peacefully again. I wake up at around noon, not knowing what to do with the rest of my day. Our dance practices went from everyday to just once a month as a refresher, but that was it.

I call Sabrina, desperately hoping for an answer. "Hey, Camila. What's up?" her cheery voice feels like a breath of fresh air after the night I've had.

"Hey, do you wanna go eat lunch somewhere or something?" I ask, smiling.

"Yeah! Sure, I'll meet you in the lobby?"

I nod. "Yeah, okay. Thanks. I just need to go to the bathroom really quick and I'll be down there."

We hang up and I go into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, not bothering to change out of my sweats before taking the elevator down to the lobby. I'm sitting on one of the couches in the lobby, texting Sofia while I waited for Sabrina. "Hey." Sabrina smiles, walking over to me a few minutes later.

"Hi." I say, standing up.

"There's a restaurant across the street. Do you just wanna walk over there?" she asks, pointing outside.

I nod. "Yeah, let's go."

We walk across the street in silence and are seated in a booth almost immediately after we walk in. It's a cute, but lonely diner. "Okay, are you finally gonna tell me what happened with you and Juan?" she asks, taking a sip from her water.