Twenty-Six

"Tonight was fun." I admit as Cesar and I sit at my kitchen table, him drinking a beer and me drinking a bottle of coke.

He nods. "Yeah, it really was. I've really missed hanging out with you." we sit in silence for a few more seconds before he speaks up again. "Hey, I really am sorry if I'm not always there for you and Jackie." he apologizes looking down at his half empty bottle.

I shake my head. "Don't be. Seriously. We get it. You're out there, working your ass off, being a successful guy and we can't be mad at you for it. You know I love Dad but the way he acts towards you is something I will always disagree on with him." this was true. I never agreed with the way my Dad acted towards Cesar. Jackie on the other hand, didn't completely agree with it either but I could tell she was leaning more towards my Dads side. Cesar missed out on her high school graduation last year and she was still pretty upset about it. She didn't show it but I knew she was. That was the difference between her and my Dad. Jackie would never admit to being upset about it just to avoid any confrontation. Dad takes advantage of every opportunity he gets to argue with Cesar about his point of view. She said it was going to be the only time she would ever be able to make him feel proud and he missed out on it. It's sad that she feels that way, but she does.

He smiles. "Thanks. I really appreciate it. Anyway, I should probably go." he finishes off the rest of the beer before standing up.

I follow him to the door. "Okay, well I'll try and see you before I leave."

He embraces me in a hug. "Yeah, we can get Jackie to come over to my place or something."

I nod, wrapping my arms around him. "Yeah, okay. I love you." I kiss his cheek before letting go.

He smiles down at me. "I love you too. Seriously, I'll text you before you leave the both of you can come over, okay?"

I nod. "Yeah." he's halfway down the hallway when I yell out at him. "Drive safe!"

He holds puts a thumbs up over his head while continuing to walk. "Got it."

I'm cleaning up the kitchen when I hear my phone go off. I answer it before checking who it is. "Hello?"

"Cami, hey." my eyes widen slightly when I hear the sound of Juan's voice.

"Juan! Hey, sorry about today." I say awkwardly.

He chuckles. "No worries." we keep quiet for a couple of seconds before he clears his throat. "Would you maybe wanna come over to my hotel room? If you aren't still with your brother." he adds in the last part quickly.

I laugh, looking over at the clock. It reads 8:30 pm. "Uh, yeah sure. Just send me the hotel and your room number."

***

"He—" I don't even make it all the way through my sentence before Juan yanks me into his room. He immediately pushes me up against the door, smashing his lips on mine.

I jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He walks us both over to a couch. I moan lowly, gripping the hair on the back of his head. His hands travel up my back, down my arms, and to my hands that are placed on either side of his face. He pulls away suddenly. "Hey, what was wrong with you this morning?" he asks, breathlessly.

I roll my eyes, trying to pull his shirt over his head. "Don't worry about it." He grabs both of my hands, placing them between the both of us sternly.

"Seriously, Cami. I could tell you were off today." he gives me a face that says 'I'm not budging so just tell me what's up.'

I groan, rolling off of him and onto the seat next to him. "I was just in a bad mood." I say simply.

"Why?"

I groan. "You're really about to make me tell you, aren't you?" He nods. I clear my throat. "I went to go talk to Nathan. My ex. I just wanted an answer from him about why he...cheated." I trail off. "He was too much of a fucking coward to even give me a reason. So yeah, I was upset. I texted you to see if maybe I could get my mind off of it. Sorry if I was a bit tense or weird through it. It was probably super awkward on your part." I cringe. 

He chuckles, shaking his head. "It's fine." he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "It was just as good as it always has been. Not weird at all."

I grin, looking over at him. "Yeah, I thought so too."

We sit in silence for a little bit longer before he speaks up again. "I'm really sorry that you got stuck with such an asshole of a boyfriend."

I shake my head. "Don't be. I just wish he would have enough balls to tell me why he felt the need to cheat. I wanna know what I did." I look away from him because of the pitiful look he's giving me.

"Hey, nothing justifies what he did." he  bumps my shoulder with his. "Any guy would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend. You're a pretty awesome girl."

I grin, looking down at my hands. "Oh yeah? What qualities of mine make me an 'awesome girl'?"

He chuckles. "Well, to start off, I would say that your badass, yet incredibly sweet at times personality is definitely one of the qualities." he smiles looking at me with a lazy grin. "And you're absolutely out of this world gorgeous. Also, your hard to get attitude makes you so fucking intriguing." he leans down, pressing his lips against mine softly.

Cupping his face, I smile against his lips. Fuck. I hate the way my heart flutters at how sweet he's being.