Twenty

I wake up and I immediately remember everything that happened last night. I shake my head when I see that I'm literally cuddling in bed with Juan. "Shit." I groan, rolling my head off of his chest. I pull the covers over my naked body. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping that maybe just maybe what happened last night was just in my imagination. Maybe we just sat in bed and feel asleep talking about life. Maybe we just got naked so that we would be able to sleep better. Yeah, right. I remember last night vividly. If I'm being honest, that was probably the best sex I've had in a really long time. Maybe even the best sex I've had ever.

I keep my eyes shut tightly hoping that when I open them I won't be naked in Juan's bed. Nope. I open them and he's still sleeping soundly next to me. How could you let this happen, Camila?! I cover my face with my hands in self embarrassment. "Are you...okay?" I jump at the sound of Juan's voice from next to me.

"I'm kind of freaking out right now." I admit, through a shaky voice.

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Why?" He asks as if sleeping with the people you work with is just a normal thing people do.

I sit up, holding the sheets close to my body. "Are you seriously asking that right now?!"

He rolls his eyes, also sitting up. "Because we had sex?" I nod quickly. "Look, I won't make it weird if you don't make it weird. I won't tell anybody if you don't tell anybody. Nobody has to find out about what happened last night." He shrugs. "If you want to do it again, we can. If not, that's fine too. Don't freak out about it. You're not gonna get fired for what we did. Nobody knows unless you tell someone or I do. And I'm not going to tell anyone."

I scoff, shaking my head. I get up from my seat, wrapping the sheets around my entire body. "Of course this is a normal thing for you. You probably do it all the time." I say, shaking my head.

He quickly throws on his briefs, turning back to me he folds his arms in front of his chest. "Hey, I was just trying to make you feel better. It doesn't matter if I've done this before or not." he snaps back sharply.

I laugh, shaking my head. "There's my answer." dropping the sheets I change into my bra and panty. "Look, you got what you wanted, right? I didn't fall for your little tricks as easily as most girls usually do." I hop around, struggling to get my pants back on. "I was more of a challenge then most girls, right? And you finally cracked me. You won." Shaking my head, I quickly finish putting on my top. I grab my heels before storming out of the room.

I don't get very far before he grabs my wrist, pulling me back. "What?" I snap.

He lets go of my wrist. "What is the matter with you? I was just trying to make you feel better."

I take a let out a shaky breath. "I'm embarrassed." I whisper. "I'm embarrassed that I let myself fall for your little game. I bet you've had tons of girls up here before. I'm embarrassed that I gave in. I'm just like every one of those girls now." I sit on the edge of the couch, shaking my head. "Fuck. I feel so stupid. I'm just gonna go." standing up abruptly I speed walk out his room.

***

When I get to my room, I shower, in the hopes that maybe if I scrub hard enough my embarrassment and regret will go away.

It doesn't work. Obviously.

My conversation with Juan just keeps going over and over in my head. I can't help but feel mad at myself for having given in to the lust that I was feeling for him. Because that's all it really was. Just lust. I can't believe I was really starting to think that maybe I had feelings for him. We're nothing alike. We have no common interests. Besides, if I truly liked him, I don't think I would've blown up on him the way I did this morning. I was also quite embarrassed about that. I made it seem like it was all his fault which in reality, it wasn't. At all. He asked me if I was completely sure about the whole having sex thing more then once and I still said yes. I don't know, a lot of different emotions were running through me right now.

When I hear a knock at my door I quickly walk over and open it. "Juan." I say, stunned. "What's up...?" I ask awkwardly.

"Can I come in?" He asks, clearly nervous.

I nod, opening the door wider for him to come in. "Yeah, come on in."

I shouldn't have opened the door.