Two

I woke up this morning feeling more determined to find a job then I have in a long time. Sure, being in this industry I can't just go out and look for a job but I was really hoping for today to be the day that I open up my emails to find a few job offers. Maybe another offer to be in Drakes music video? Yeah right.

I quickly make myself some coffee before taking a seat on my couch. I grab my laptop, opening it up to see if maybe just maybe I've received an email in the last week. I somewhat gave up on checking my emails daily a few weeks ago. Now I open my emails every week, sometimes even once every other week.

Stretching my legs out I nervously open my email. My eyes widen when I see that I actually did receive an email last night.

'Camila, hi.
I'm Fernando. I'm the manager of Juan Luis Londoño Arias. Well, Maluma to most.' My jaw drops as I continue reading. 'Yes, this is a real email. Juan and I think that you're an amazing dancer. Juan personally asked me to offer you a job as backup dancer in his new world tour, 11:11. He loves all of the work you've done. If you accept, all costs will be paid for each and every stop of the tour. If you're interested please call me." a number is listed at the bottom of the email. "I really hope to be hearing from you soon. Juan is set on having you be his backup dancer. The job is yours if you call."

My wish. "No fucking way." I breathe out in disbelief.

I quickly grab my phone to call Sofia.

***

"You're reading the same shit that I just read thirty minutes ago, right?!" I exclaim jumping around impatiently as Sofia finishes reading the email.

Her jaw drops after she's done reading. She turns to me in shock. "Oh my god! If this is real, you've got a job! A fucking awesome job!" she jumps up excitedly.

"How do we—how do we know it's actually real?!" I ask nervously.

She quickly holds my phone out to me. "There's only one way to find out. Call the number!" she squeals excitedly.

I chew on my bottom lip nervously. "I don't know about this Sofia. I don't even think I would want to work with that jerk." I say shaking my head.

She rolls her eyes, shoving the phone further into my face. "You're taking the job. You haven't worked in over three months." she says giving me a glare.

I roll my eyes. I hate it when she's right. I do really need to get working. If I take the job I don't even have to speak to the guy. Nodding I take the phone out of her hand. "Okay." letting out a nervous breath I dial the number with shaky fingers. Holding it up to my ear I wait patiently.

"Hello?" a man responds in the first two rings of the call.

I squeeze my eyes shut. I hate talking to strangers on the phone. "Hi, um, this is Camila? I just opened your email a little while ago." I pinch the bridge of my nose nervously as I pace around the living room.

"Oh! Hi Camila! I'm so glad you called. I really didn't think you were going to call. With the job being such short notice and all." he chuckles.

I open my eyes, not really knowing what to say. "Well I called." I laugh nervously. "Anyway, I'll take the job. If it's still on the table?" I look over to Selene who gives me a quick supportive smile and thumbs up.

"Yes! It's definitely still on the table. You live in LA, right?" he asks.

I nod even though he can't see me. "Yeah, I live in LA."

"Great. I'm in LA right now. Do you think we could meet up at some point today?"

"For sure! I'm free pretty much all day. Just let me know what time and I'll be there." I say nodding excitedly.

"Let me just check my schedule to see what time I can meet and I'll let you know." he says.

Ugh, I miss the days that I actually had to look at my schedule to see if I had time to hang out with friends. Now I just gave them a desperate yes.

"Okay, that's fine. I'll be waiting." I say happily.

"Talk to you later, Camila."

"What'd he say?" Selene asks impatiently.

"He said he'll let me know when he's available to meet. I'm talking to him today. I don't know about what but he said I have the job!" I say smiling happily.

She jumps up to hug me. "Oh my god! I'm so proud of you! Look at you, you're gonna be a backup dancer for one of the hottest men out there." giggling she kisses my cheek roughly. "I'm so jealous." she says jokingly.

***

"You're Camila, right?" I feel somebody tap my shoulder lightly.

I quickly turn around to see a man holding out his hand for me to take. I smile before shaking his hand. "Yeah, that's me. You must be Fernando."

He nods. "Yeah. Let's have a seat?" he gestures for me to take a seat in on of the booths that's closest to us.

I nervously take a seat. "So, what exactly did you want to talk about?" I ask.

His face turns slightly more serious at my question. "Well as I've told you before, you have the job. But, we just need to go over some of the rules." when he sees how nervous I am he chuckles. "Don't worry it's not anything bad. Just some rules in order for you to be able to keep your job."

I nod slowly. "Okay..." I trail off uncomfortably.

What have I gotten myself into?