Seventy

"How's London?" asks Sofia over the phone as I get ready for bed after dinner and a bit of sightseeing with Sabrina. It's well past midnight in London, and I'm pretty sure Sofia is just getting out of work.

I nod, walking into the bathroom. I put her on speaker and set the phone down so I can pull my hair up into a ponytail. "Beautiful. I went out to dinner with a friend and we walked around the city for a while. We leave tomorrow after the show though." I frown, picking up the phone and walking over to my bed.

"So I was thinking..." she trails off, sounding excited. "what if I met up with you guys in Paris?"

I nod, pulling the covers of the neatly made bed back. "Do it!" I smile, settling into bed. It would be nice for Sabrina and Sofia to both meet. We could all go around Paris together, which sounds like a super good time. "That would be so fun, Sofia. You definitely should." I turn on the TV and scroll through a few channels.

"Right?!" she agrees excitedly. "I think I'm gonna do it. I have to ask for the days off from work first."

"Yeah, okay." I nod. "Let me know soon though! So I can let you know the hotel we're staying at."

"I will. I'll let you know tomorrow night at latest."

I turn off the TV, annoyed that there's nothing good on and throw the remote onto the other side of the bed. "Yeah, that's fine. We'll talk later. I'm gonna go to bed. It's past midnight here."

"Okay. Talk soon."

I wake up to my phone ringing a few hours, and I pick it up, bringing it up to my ear without bothering to check who it is. "Hello?" I answer groggily.

"Hey gorgeous."

I smile at the sound of Danny's voice, sitting up. "Hey, Danny."

"Were you asleep?" he asks, chuckling.

I nod, looking at the time on the digital clock that's on the side table. "It's three in the morning in London right now." I laugh lightly, unable to hold in the loud yawn that soon follows.

"Oh shit!" he says. "I completely forgot we were on different time zones, I'm so sorry." he apologizes, sighing.

I keep the phone up to my ear, but lay on my side again, getting comfortable. It's still dark in the room and this bed is way too cozy for me to even be fully awake right now. "No, you're fine. It's okay." I shake my head, letting another yawn out. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good. I miss you."

I smile, closing my eyes. "You're sweet."

"Thanks." he chuckles lightly. "How are you though? How's London?"

"London's good. I'm good."

I begin dozing off when Danny doesn't say anything back. "Alright, I can hear your cute little snores." he laughs a little. "I'll let you sleep. I'll text next time before calling. Have a good night Camila."

"You too." I nod, already half asleep as I set my phone back onto the side table.

***

When I wake up the next morning my phone call with Danny almost feels as if it had been a dream, and I contemplate calling him again, but don't want to risk waking him like he did me.

Instead, I shower and look at our schedules for the next few shows. I wasn't dancing tonight, but I would be dancing in Madrid and Paris. Fun. I slept in today, so after just a few hours of chilling in my room with Sabrina, it was time to get onto the shuttle that would take us to the arena where the show was being held.

"You perform tonight, right?" I ask, turning to look at Sabrina.

She frowns, nodding. "Yeah. I love going out there with you! It's so much more fun when we're together."

"It is, isn't it?" I smile, agreeing. It's clear to anyone who watches the dancers while we're performing that Sabrina and I have a closer bond with each other then with any of the other girls. Sabrina always shoots me a wink if we happen to be dancing next to each other, or gives my butt a light slap as I walk past her on stage, and it always receives a shake of the head and a smile from me. Not many people pay attention to us dancers, and I honestly can't blame them. With a hot, sweaty, and shirtless guy standing in front of them singing, the attention isn't expected to be on us. Some people do pay attention to us though, and they do catch Sabrina and I's little moments. I'm proud to say that us dancers do have our own little group of fans as well.

She's about to say something, but then looks down at her phone that's buzzing in her lap. "It's Ben." she smiles excitedly. "Hey, Baby." I tune out for the rest of their conversation, turning my attention to the city that surrounds us as the shuttle continues to drive us to our destination.

My mind wanders to Juan without me wanting it to, but once the image of his face is planted in my head, there's no getting rid of it. That's just something I've come to learn in these past few months.