Twenty-Seven

"So, this ex girlfriend of yours, do you guys still talk?" I ask curiously. My head is resting on his lap, the rest of my body sprawled out on the couch.

He grins, looking down at me. "Why? Would you be jealous if I did?" when he sees that my eyes narrow, he chuckles, shaking his head. "No, I haven't talked to her in a while. It's not that I have anything against her or anything, we just don't talk that often. I guess I think it's kinda hard to still be friends with an ex that you used to love."

"Why do you say that?" I ask, looking up at the ceiling.

He shrugs, looking away from me. "I think that you should just leave your past in the past. You can't move on with your life if you have things from your past in your present. You just have to let it go." he smiles sadly. "I chose to let her go in order to move forward." looking down at me, he caresses my cheek with his thumb before continuing. "We still check up on each other every once in a while but I wouldn't say we're friends."

I sit up, sitting on both of my knees, while facing him. "You're quiete the wise man tonight."

He grins, leaning in. "Yeah?" I nod, biting my bottom lip anxiously, waiting for his lips to touch mine. My eyes flicker from his lips to his eyes that are dead set on mine. In one quick motion, he grabs my waist, moving me onto his lap. I grin at his eagerness. I wrap my arms around his neck, locking our lips together. I begin trailing kisses down Juan's jawline and neck. I suck gently on the skin below his ear which causes a low groan to erupt from his throat. I feel his hard erection growing from under me.

I pull away, looking down at the his bulge before bringing my hand down to it. Juan jolts, grabbing my hand quickly. "Woah, woah, woah. What are you doing?" he asks chuckling.

I grin mischievously. "Don't worry about it." I begin rubbing my hand over his bulge. "Just relax and enjoy."

I begin to to pull down the band of his sweats when my phone begins to ring. He groans loudly. "Please don't take that call."

I giggle, giving him one last peck before pushing myself off of him. "If it's this late, it has to be something important." I grab my phone from the little coffee table that's a few feet away from us. "Hello?" I answer quickly.

"Hey, were you asleep?" I immediately recognize Jackies voice.

I shake my head. "No, what's up, Jackie?"

"Oh okay, good. Nothing, I just wanted to tell you that Cesar called about the two of us going over to his place before you leave? Did he mention that to you?" she asks.

"Yeah, he mentioned it. I think it's a good idea. How does the day after tomorrow sound? I'm going out with Sofia tomorrow night so tomorrow isn't good for me. I'm free Friday though." I nod, taking a seat next to Juan.

"Sounds good. I'll let him know. Okay, well I'll talk to you later. Love you."

I smile. "Love you too. Have a good night."

"Alright, lets get back to business." I laugh loudly as Juan begins pressing kisses all over my face and neck.

"Stop it, Juan." I giggle, pushing him away.

He pecks my lips once more before backing off. "Is the mood ruined?" he asks, chuckling. He keeps his face a few inches away from mine, one hand on my thigh, the other on my waist.

I nod. "Uh-huh." grabbing my phone, I check the time. "It's getting late anyway, I should get going."

He shakes his head. "No, you can't leave. Its not safe for you to be out this late."

I smile. "Aww, are you worried about me?"

He rolls his eyes, while grinning. "No." he rolls back over to his seat. "Seriously though, you could just stay here if you want." he says, clearing his throat.

I think about it for a second before shaking my head. "No, I think I should just get home. This would be breaking out rules." I smile, shrugging. "I'll be fine."

Juan frowns. "I would seriously be able to have a peaceful night of sleep if you you would just stay. Please?"

***

"Seriously? That's how you ended up with the scar under your eye?" I ask, laughing.

I'm laying on top of Juan's perfectly made bed with him. After agreeing to stay the night with Juan, I changed into one of his oversized t-shirts that he so kindly provided me with. Considering he's already seen me naked a few times, I had no problem with just wearing panties underneath it. And neither did he. Anyway, we've spent at least an hour just talking and making jokes. It's been pretty fun so far.

He chuckles, nodding. "Yeah, I've had this annoying scar since I was a toddler."

I grin. "I like that scar. I think it's cute." I trace my thumb over it gently.

When I look back up at him, his eyes are on mine. "You have the most beautiful eyes."

I roll my eyes to see if maybe it stops the butterflies forming in my tummy. "Stop complimenting me." nope.

"Why? It's true."  he flips over to his side so that his face is hovering over mine, leaning in, he places a single warm kiss on my lips.

I cup his cheek with my hand, deepening the kiss. Ugh. My heart. I melt into how gentle he's being. I can't help the way my heart flutters when he places his hand on my cheek, rubbing it gently with his thumb.

I grab his hand that's on my face, pulling back. "Uh, bed. I wanna go to bed." I say, pushing him off me.

He looks down at the sheets awkwardly, nodding. "Uh, sure—yeah. Let's go to bed." we both jump off the bed, rolling back the sheets and turning off the lights.

"Goodnight." I say quietly after we're both under the sheets.

"Night, Cami."

I fall asleep praying that whatever that kiss just made me feel, goes away.