Fourteen

"Admit it," Juan says as we walk through the sandy beach. The sky is a mixture of pink, orange, and different shades of yellow which makes for a beautiful view above us. "You're warming up to me." he jabs me with his elbow playfully.

I look over at him, narrowing my eyes before shaking my head. "I'm really not. You're confusing warming up to you with getting used to you. They're two completely different things, really." I just look forward as we continue walking along the shoreline.

"Can you pass me your phone please?" he asks. When I look over at him with a confused expression he just shakes his head, holding out his hand. "Just give it to me. Oh, along with any other things of importance."

I slowly take out my wallet and phone, handing it to him. He then takes his phone and wallet out also, before throwing everything on the sandy floor. "Hey, whats that fo—" I'm cut off by him quickly scooping me up and throwing my body over his shoulder. I scream as he runs us both quickly into the ocean.

He doesn't get too far before I'm kicking and screaming. "LET ME GO! YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! LET ME GO!" I shout loudly.

My hair is already wet by the time he puts me down. The water is just a little bit above my waist. "What is wrong with you?! What if I couldn't swim?!" I snap at him in annoyance.

"You're fine. Don't over react." he says rolling his eyes.

I cross my arms over my chest, turning around to walk away from him. I feel his hands grab ahold of my waist, pulling my back against his chest. "I'm sorry, okay? Don't leave. Let's just enjoy the water a bit." he says lowly in my ear.

I roll my eyes, turning back to face him. "You're so annoying."

He chuckles. "And you act like you have a stick up your ass." he says back bluntly.

My eyes widen and my jaw drops. I smack his arm roughly. "You're so rude! What's wrong with you?!" I ask in shock.

He laughs. "You see? I was joking! Calm down! You're so serious sometimes." he runs a hand through his hair.

I narrow my eyes at him. "I'm cold. Can we go now? I don't want to talk about this anymore."

He nods. "Yeah, lets go."

***

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm sorry for throwing you in the water with me." Juan says after we've reached my door.

I shrug, avoiding any eye contact. "It helps but, I still have a stick up my ass." I look up at him, narrowing my eyes.

He chuckles. "I was kidding! You only have a stick up your ass sometimes. Not always. Is that better?"

"No."

He cups my cheek, grinning. "It's okay though, I like your seriousness."

I roll my eyes, taking his hand off of my face. "Goodnight, Juan."

"Buenas noches, Cami."

***

Our next stop was Houston, Texas. It was pretty, but sooo fucking hot. It made me more irritable then usual.

We had no hotel room to stay at because this was going to be one of our fasted shows yet. The plan was as follows: Land, go straight to the arena, get dressed, perform, get back on plane, fly to our next destination. It was probably going to be stressful but oh well.

***

I was right. It was super stressful, not to mention exhausting! Everything was quick and rushed. I've never been more excited about boarding a plane. I haven't slept in hours and this might actually be a great time for a nap.

"Cami! Come sit with me!" I hear Sabrina whisper-yell from behind me.

I smile as I make my over to her, taking the seat right next to her. "Hey, Sabrina."

"Hey. Are you as exhausted as I am?" she asks.

I nod, closing my eyes. "Yes. Extremely exhausted. I mean, they could've at least let us rest for a couple of hours before going to the show or something."

"Mmhm." she hums in agreement. "Get used to this though, on his last tour they did stuff like this all the time. It sucked." she groans.

"Do you know if we're at least staying a couple of nights at our next stop?" I ask.

She nods, peeking up in her seat. "Yesss. Our next stop is Vegas! I'm sure Juan is gonna wanna stay at least an extra night to party in Vegas. With all this touring taking up so much of his time, he tries to have as much fun as he can."

"Ohhh. That sounds fun. I've only been to Vegas once before." I laugh at the memories of my drunken 21st birthday.

"Yeah? For what?" she asks in amusement.

"My 21st birthday. It was so much fun! Well, at least from what I can remember, it was fun." I shake my head laughing.

Vegas sounds like a nice opportunity to have some fun. I think I'll also be taking advantage of that.