Seven

I spend the remainder of the day cooped up in my room. It was pretty nice to have a chill day in a nice room.

Today is the day of Juan's first official show. I woke up this morning super excited because last night I received an email saying that I had been chosen to be one of the dancers performing tonight.

I'm scrolling through instagram when I hear a knock on my door. I crawl out of bed and walk over to the door, swinging it open before even asking who it was which, is not safe at all, but oh well.

"Oh! It's you. Hey," I pause to look at the pretty girl who I met yesterday during rehearsals while racking my brain for her name.

"Sabrina." she answers back with a wide smile. "It's okay, I didn't get to tell you it before." without my permission, she makes her way into my room gracefully.

I shut the door slowly before turning back to my bed. "That's a pretty name." I say plopping down next to her.

She laughs. "Thank you. Yours is pretty too." she waves her hand dismissively. "Anyway, before you think I'm a complete freak and that I stalked you to get your room number, I asked Juan for it. I just wanted to get to know you better considering we kind of got interrupted last time."

I nod, laughing. "It's fine. Yeah, it would be nice if we got to know each other better. I don't really have any friends as of yet."

"You want to go out for breakfast?" she asks, shrugging.

"Sure. Just give me a minute to get changed." I say standing up.

She nods. "Yeah, I'll wait for you down in the lobby."

"Sounds good. See you in a bit."

***

"So are you in the show tonight?" I ask, dipping my fries in some ketchup.

She nods, taking a sip of her milkshake. "Yeah, I'm super psyched. I'm assuming you're in it too?" she asks looking up at me with knowing eyes.

I squint slightly. "Why would you assume that?" I ask curiously.

She shrugs. "Juan is literally obsessed with everything you do. It just wouldn't surprise me if he wanted you in tonight's show."

I finish chewing quickly, getting ready to ask my next question. "Hey, you never finished telling me about Juan and his dancers from the last tour."

She wipes the corners of her mouth. "Oh yeah, he fooled around with a bunch of them."

"Wow. That's crazy." I say shaking my head in disbelief.

She shrugs. "I don't blame them, he's good looking, famous, and rich. Besides, the man has a way with words." she says laughing.

"How come he never got you?" I ask, raising a suspicious brow at her.

She holds up her left hand which has a big diamond on her ring finger. "I'm taken. Don't get me wrong, he enjoys his women but if he knows you're taken he won't go after you. He has some respect."

My eyes widen, taking her hand in mine, I examine the huge rock. "Sabrina, this is gorgeous! Congrats! How long have you been engaged?" I ask looking up at her in awe.

She giggles, pulling a strand of lose hair behind her ear. "Thanks and a couple of months." she clears her throat. "Anyway, now Juan and I are really close."

I nod. "That's cool. I was really hesitant to take the job because of his reputation."

"You've got nothing to worry about. Just don't fall for his little games. I love him to death but I do not agree with all the girls he juggles at once. Just try to distance yourself and be as professional as possible to let him know you aren't into that." she shrugs, taking a mouthful of her pasta. After swallowing she speaks again. "Or if you are into that, just disregard anything I just said." she says laughing.

I quickly shake my head. "I'm not into that. I mean, maybe if we weren't working together but that's just completely unprofessional." I say, continuing to shake my head just to get the message across.

"Yeah, you didn't seem like one of those girls. I mean, it's not like you would get fired or anything if you guys were together but believe me, it causes plenty of drama. And then if he's messing around with more than one dance member at a time it's even worse." she shakes her head. "It's just messy and immature."

"Its crazy what girls will do for a guy." I say laughing.

"You're pretty though, don't you have a boyfriend?" she asks, scrunching up her eyebrows.

"Had." is all I say back.

Her mouth forms an 'O', clearly understanding. "What happened?" she asks leaning in more closely.

I sigh, shoving another fry into my mouth. "He cheated. I ended it on the spot."

"Did you let him explain?" she asks.

I scoff. "I walked in on him literally fucking her. There was nothing to be explained." I say, already getting in a bitter mood from just thinking about it.

"Ouch. That sucks. I thought maybe you saw a few text messages or something but not that." she says leaning back in her seat.

"Yeah, it's whatever though. We hadn't been dating for that long." I say picking at my nails.

She grins. "Are you gonna miss the dick?"

I laugh dryly. "Meh. He was good, but not great, you know?."

She laughs. "Oh sweetie, it sounds like you dodged a bullet with him."

I nod, taking a drink of my water. "I think you're right."

This is who I thought best fits Sabrina's character. (Scarlett Leithold)

 (Scarlett Leithold)