Thirty-Six

"Camila, you've been home for three weeks already. You have to go back to work." says Sofia, walking into my room. "I mean, I've loved having you back but it's time to go do what you have to do."

I ignore her, continuing to scroll through my Instagram. "Camila!" she snatches the phone out of my hand.

"Whatttt?" I whine, covering myself in the sheets.

Sofia uncovers me, revealing a more serious face. "Cami, I know it's hard but you have to face him sooner or later."

In these past three weeks, I've told precisely three people what happened between me and Juan. Jackie, Sofia, and Sabrina. Well, I wasn't the one to tell Sabrina. Juan was. I hadn't and still wasn't planning on answering any of Juan's phone calls or messages so, he told Sabrina what happened so that she could call and ask me when I was going back. I guess he assumed I would answer her over him. He was right. Anyway, all three of those people have told me the same thing over and over again in these past three weeks: I have to talk to him eventually. Which, by the way, I didn't totally agree with. If I felt like it, I could just never speak to him again. But, I knew that probably wasn't realistic.

"I know. It's just been nice being back for a little." I shrug. "And yeah, I probably am avoiding going back a little bit too."

"You definitely are." she nods, patting my leg. "Okay, well I'm gonna go."

I nod. "Okay. I'll see you later."

***

"We miss you! When are you coming back?" Sabrina exclaims through the screen on FaceTime.

"Who is 'we'?" I ask, laughing.

"Everybody. Mostly me, but still."

"I don't even know if I still have a job with you guys, Sabrina." I say, rolling my eyes.

"You do. Believe me." she says nodding enthusiastically.

"How do you know?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Juan and I are like, best friends. I know he would never let you get fired." she shrugs.

"Even though I've ignored his calls and texts for weeks now?" I ask, frowning.

She nods. "Yes. He's not a dick like that. Besides, he's been asking about you like crazy. Every time I see him he asks about you." she grins.

My breath hitches a little at that thought. "That doesn't mean he isn't upset." I shake my head.

She scoffs. "From what he's told me, he definitely has feelings for you."

I gulp, looking down. "W-What has he told you?"

"Not much. I can just tell he really misses you though." she frowns.

"He moved on to the next girl immediately after me." I shake my head. "He doesn't like me."

"I really don't think he did. He likes you, Camila, and you like him too." she grins.

I choke. "I do not like him."

She rolls her eyes. "Camila, you so like him!" she laughs, throwing her head back.

"Whatever. I have to go. I'll be back soon." I say, shaking my head at the fact that she's still laughing at me.

We exchange a few more words before hanging up. In these past three weeks, my sleeping schedule has seriously been fucked up. So, after my call with Sabrina, I take a nap, wake up, and decide to pack up a few things for going back to work. That is if I even still have a job. Three weeks of not going to work with no explanation whatsoever probably doesn't look the best. I didn't bother telling them the details about what happened, I just said I had a family emergency. Although, I should probably stop blaming my Dad's accident on my not going back to work. He was back home and according to the doctors, on a healthy road back to recovery.

The thought of seeing Juan again scared me more then I would like to admit. What if I saw him and all of my feelings came rushing back? What if he had already completely moved on? What if he was with another girl now? What if he was with another girl right now? There are too many 'what if's for me not to be scared about seeing him. These thoughts haunt me all night until I drift off into a restless sleep.