Seventy-Six

"You nervous?" asks Danny as we ride together to the arena. He insisted we take a cab to the show so we could have some 'alone time' for the first time since he got here. I agreed and we're now ten minutes from the arena.

I shake my head, putting my phone away. "Not really. I've gotten used to all this by now." I laugh lightly. "It's excitement more than nervousness."

"Yeah, I can tell." he chuckles, looking down at me. "Well I'm excited to watch you." he smiles.

"You'll probably miss me completely." I smile, shaking my head lightly. "There's so much commotion up there."

He nods slowly. "Maluma and his crew put up a good show, huh?"

"They definitely do." I nod, smiling.

He takes puts an arm around my shoulders. "Well I'm excited to see how it goes."

***

"You. Did. Amazing." Danny exclaims as all of us girls walk off of stage. He and Sofia were waiting backstage for me.

I laugh as I walk towards them, fanning myself lightly. "Thank you." he pulls me into a hug, kissing me lightly. I return the kiss, pulling back a few moments later. Just by the look on Sofia's face I can tell Juan definitely got off of stage in time to see that. "So," I clear my throat uncomfortably, not daring to turn around and see Juan. "are we doing anything tonight?"

"You're still up for doing something?" Sofia asks with wide eyes. "After all you just did up there?"

I nod, and shrug. "Yeah, sure." I put my hands on my hips, looking between the two. "A late dinner sound good?"

"If you're sure you aren't too tired. We've still got tomorrow to do stuff." Danny says.

I shake my head, waving a hand dismissively. "You guys, I do this type of stuff all the time. I'm fine to go out."

"Okay," Sofia nods slowly. "If you're sur-"

Sabrina walks up to us excitedly. "We're all going out to eat. You guys wanna come?"

"Uh," I look at Danny and Sofia. They each shrug, and nod. "Who exactly is 'all'?" I ask.

"Juan, and basically all the dancers." hearing 'Juan' is enough of a reason to make me not want to go.

I begin to shake my head when Danny nods. "Yeah, we'll go. It'll be fun, right?" he looks at me.

"Yeah. It will be." I smile tightly, nodding.

Sofia clasps her hands behind her, nodding. "Okay, so we'll go eat dinner with everyone then."

"Are we going now..?" I ask.

Sabrina nods. "Yeah, we're all just going dressed in what we came here with." great, so I'm going to eat dinner in sweats.

"Okay, well I think we'll take a cab to the restaurant." I nod, looking over at Sofia and Danny. "Send me the address of the place, okay? We'll meet you there."

***

"How do you think this is gonna go?" Sofia whispers into my ear as we get out of the cab, having arrived at our location.

I shrug. "Fine. I just have to pretend Juan isn't even there." I whisper back, smiling nonchalantly at Danny who is looking at us suspiciously.

When we make our way inside, we're greeted by Sabrina who takes us back to the table where everyone is already seated. "I've got to go to the bathroom." I tell Danny who is sitting right besides me. Everyone has ordered their drinks and are now looking at the menu. He nods, and I stand, making my way towards the restrooms.

I use the bathroom fairly quickly, and freshen up my makeup a bit before finally walking out. As I walk out, the men's bathroom door swings open as well. "Camila." Juan smiles awkwardly, walking out of the bathroom.

"Hi."

He sticks his hands in his pockets, moving a bit closer. "What did Sofia and the...other guy think of the concert?"

"Sofia and Danny loved it." I say, nodding. "They really enjoyed it."

He smiles. "I'm glad. Hopefully Sofia can make it out to a few more shows before the tour ends." I say nothing, and we both just stare at each other awkwardly, neither of us knowing what else to say.

"Thanks for letting them come. Especially Danny..." I trail off, nodding slowly.

He takes a hand out of his pocket and waves it dismissively. "I adore you, Camila." he says, looking down at me with a small smile. "I can't say no to you. It's impossible for me."

"So you didn't actually want Danny to join Sofia in the audience..?" I say.

He rolls his eyes, smiling. "I just told you I adore you. Of course I didn't want the guy you're seeing to come to my show. But I said yes because...I love you." he shrugs, making my heart squeeze tightly in my chest. The urge to say it back is insane. "I want you happy. So I said he could come."

"T-Thanks." I nod.

"Although you don't look too happy tonight." he says, observing me.

I say nothing, just look up at him, because what else can I say? I'm not happy. Of course I'm not. Instead of enjoying my night with Danny, I'm here. With Juan. My heart racing, my hands shaking, my eyes unable to get off of him. Completely still in love with this man.