Forty-Seven

The cleaning ladies leave shortly after Juan does, I ask them what happened but they say it's not their place to tell me. According to them, my 'novio' should be the one to tell me what happened, not them.

I've never wanted to know something so badly in my life. What the fuck happened to make him this angry? He's been gone for over an hour and I've gotten sent directly to voicemail each time I've tried to call him. I quickly change into a pair of sweats and baggy shirt before making my way down to his living room. I guess I'll wait here until he decides to come home. I catch up on some Netflix shows for about another hour before I end up falling asleep.

I don't know how much time has passed before I hear the door open and loud footsteps. My eyes flutter open and I quickly check the time. 3 AM, it's 3 AM. "Juan, is that you?" I ask, standing up.

He appears from the shadows, looking a mess. I quickly walk over to him. "Juan are you okay?" I cup his face in my hands. He reeks of alcohol. "Are you drunk?"

"I don't want to talk about it." he says, moving my hands away from his face.

I take a step back, crossing my arms over my chest. "Why?" I ask slowly.

"Just drop it." he says harshly, slurring his words.

"What happened?" I ask, pushing.

He turns, grabs a lamp that's on the side table and before I have any time to react, he throws it across the room, causing it to break into pieces right in front of us. I flinch at the loud impact, my eyes widen as I look down at the shard filled floor. "He fucking robbed me!" he shouts, turning to face me. The anger that is clear in his face, body, and voice scares me.

I give him a confused look. "Who robbed from you?" I ask carefully, scared that he'll start breaking everything in sight.

"That fucking bastard!" when he sees that I'm still not sure as to who he's talking about, he clarifies. "Alex."

A small gasp escapes my lips. "What?" I ask in shock. I take a few steps towards him, but he just begins pacing the living room.

"He robbed thousands of dollars worth of stuff from my closet." he shakes his head, kicking the whole side table over, knocking over everything that was on top of it, including my phone and glass of water.

I jump again when he does this. "Juan, j-just calm down." I say quietly, taking a few steps back.

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down when I've just been robbed by one of my bestfriends?!" he says, his voice raising again. "If you were in my position, you'd be reacting the same exact way, don't even try to deny it." he scoffs, shaking his head as he continues to pace the room.

I nod. "You're right, you're right, but acting this way isn't going to make anything better."

His pacing stops when he stands in front of a wall, and without a second of thought to it, begins to punch the wall repeatedly. "Juan, no!" I shake my head, running over to him. I put my hand on his arm but that doesn't stop him. "Stop." I say, with a shaky voice, standing in front of him.

"Get out of my way, Camila." he says, not looking at me, but at the wall directly above my head.

I shake my head, bringing my hand down to touch his clenched and bloody first. "Juan you're hurting yourself." I say, still with a shaky voice. Looking down at his bloody fist, I try to unclench it. God, it feels as if every muscle in his body is tensed up. "You're scaring me." I say honestly.

His gaze softens and falls onto my eyes. "No, no. I didn't mean to scare you, baby. I'm so sorry." he apologizes, taking my face in his hands.

I shake my head, smiling sadly. "It's okay. I know you must feel horrible right now, but punching the wall isn't the way to go about this." he looks down at my lips before smashing his own against mine. I moan at the eagerness of his touch, wrapping my arms around his neck. I shake my head, pulling away when I remember how hammered he is right now. "Now isn't the right time for this." I whisper, touching my swollen lips with the pad of my thumb. Fuck, I wish we weren't in this situation right now so I could just let him take me right on his couch.

"Yeah...you're right." he nods, agreeing. I give him one last small peck before grabbing his hand and leading him to the couch. "It just sucks that someone I trusted as much as I did him would do this to me." he sighs.

I nod, resting my head on his shoulder. "I know. I'm so fucking sorry Juan."

"Thank you, Cami. I love you." his words are slurred, but I know what he said, and my heart cant help from skipping a beat. He doesn't say anything for a long time after that. When I look up slowly at him I see that he's asleep.

I quickly and quietly run up into his room to grab a few blankets and pillows for us to sleep on downstairs. After I have everything, I turn to look at the mess that's spewing out of his closet. I inch closer and can't help but let my jaw drop when I see the mess that's in there. I've been in Juan's closet once since being here and I remember being in awe of how organized and beautiful everything was. There wasn't a single shelf empty the last time I was in here. He had expensive watches on display, rings, shoes, belts, so many beautiful things that I know he worked his ass off to get. Now there's multiple bare spots in his closet.