Fifty-Two

"You've never done that before." Juan chuckles as we walk out of the shower.

I reach for a towel, wrapping it around my body. "Did you like it?" I ask, smirking.

"So much." he nods, wrapping a towel around his waist.

I laugh. "I was just giving back after what you did for me." I smile, bringing him in for a kiss.

"We should get changed." he says, leading me out of his bathroom.

The mess pouring out of his closet is almost impossible to ignore. The air feels thick and tense as Juan stares at it. I take his hand, he looks down at me. "Why don't we both get dressed and then just..leave? You take me somewhere and we'll call someone to come clean up this mess. Your cleaning ladies or something." I nod. "Yeah?"

He stares at me for a few more seconds, thinking, before nodding. "Yeah, okay." he clears his throat, nodding again. "Yeah. Yeah, I'll give them a call. I'll take you to eat dinner somewhere or something."

I smile, kissing his cheek gently. "Okay. I'll go change."

***

"Ready." I smile, hopping off of the last step of his huge staircase.

Juan looks up from the watch in his hands and gives a small smile. "You look beautiful."

I look down at my outfit, then look back up at him. "Thanks." I say with a smile.

I walk over to him and take a seat next to him on his couch

I walk over to him and take a seat next to him on his couch. "It's a beautiful watch." I say, pointing at the watch in his hands.

He nods, running his thumb over the face of the watch. "He gave it to me right before passing. He had such a love for watches." he smiles sadly. "And now so do I."

"How old were you?"

He shrugs. "Eleven. Maybe twelve. I'm not too sure."

"I think it's sweet you kept it after so long." I nod, smiling at him.

He doesn't look over at me, instead he keeps his gaze on the watch. "At least he brought it back."

I take in a sharp breath. "Yeah..." I say awkwardly. We sit in silence for a few moments until I talk again. "So where are you taking me?" I ask, trying to change the subject subtly.

He looks over at me, almost as if he's been broken out of a trance. "My favorite spot for dinner. Let's go." he kisses me gently before standing.

We drive for about forty minutes in comfortable silence before we reach a restaurant. Juan gives them his name and we are led back to a booth in the back, not before being stopped for pictures after every booth and table we pass. "Sorry about that." Juan chuckles, scooting into his side of the booth.

I shake my head, smiling. "It's fine. It's cute how crazy they get when they see you."

"It's more crazy here in Colombia." he nods.

We order our food and drinks when a waitress comes by, and then we are left alone again. "Yeah, I can tell." He stares at me for a few moments, making me shift uncomfortably. "What?"

"Are you coming back on tour with me?"

I think about it for a second before nodding slowly. "Yeah, I think so..." I shrug. "If I'm even welcomed back. I've been gone for so long now."

"Believe me, I'll make sure you're welcome back." he smiles, nodding.

"Can you promise me something?" I ask and he nods. "Nobody finds out that we're dating. Those girls are crazy for you, and I don't want to hear any of it when they find out we're together."

He smiles for a moment. "Dating? So that's what we're doing now?"

I roll my eyes. "My god, you ruin every little moment we have." I shake my head.

He chuckles. "Come on, you know I'm kidding. I would love to be able to call you my girlfriend." he nudges me with his foot under the table.

"What?" I ask, holding back a smile.

He raises his eyebrows. "Can I call you that?"

I chew on my bottom lip, thinking for a second. "Sure..." I nod slowly.

He smiles. "Yeah?"

"Mmhm."

He stays quite for a moment. "You can call me your boyfriend, by the way." he smiles.

"Nah." I joke, causing him to let out a small chuckle. "I would gladly call you my boyfriend, Juan." I smile. "But seriously, promise me no one else will find out about us. At least no one new."

He nods. "Yeah, I promise."

"Thank you." I say. "I seriously don't want to deal with a bunch of girls saying stupid shit about us. They'd for sure say I slept with you to keep the job or something." I roll my eyes.

"Okay, yeah. It'll stay between us and the only other people that know." he smirks, shrugging. "Hey, it'll be more fun this way. Having to be sneaky again."

I laugh, nodding. "Yeah, it'll be fun."