Eighty

Six months later

"Juan, come on. You have nothing to be worried about!" I exclaim, practically dragging Juan up my parents driveway. "You've basically met them already."

"A FaceTime call is not the same thing as meeting them in person." he shakes his head quickly.

The tour ended almost a week ago, and since then, Juan and I had been on a mini vacation in Miami. We got back to LA last night, and tonight, he'll be meeting my parents for the first time. For one reason or another, I was never able to get my family out to one of Juan's concerts, so they've never officially met him in person. They've said quick 'hello's' to him over FaceTime calls when I've talked to them, but that's about it.

I roll my eyes, dragging him the rest of the way up to their door. "They're gonna love you." before he can try going anywhere, I ring the doorbell and open the door. "Come on." I smile, stepping into the house. "Hey." I call out into the empty living room.

"In the kitchen!" my mom yells from the direction of the kitchen.

I smile excitedly, taking Juan by the hand. "Ready?" he nods nervously as I look up at him. With that, I lead us into the kitchen. "Hey." I smile excitedly as I look around at my family. My mom and dad are next to each other by the stove, Jackie and Cesar sitting side by side at the dining table, looking at their phones.

"Hija." my mom smiles as I pull her into a hug, leaving Juan at the entrance of the kitchen. "How are you guys?" she pulls away, smiling at both Juan and I.

Juan smiles nervously, taking a huge step towards us. "We've been good, how about you guys?" he extends his hand out to her, and she takes it, pulling him in for a hug. Okay, that's a good sign.

"Hey, dad." I give him a quick hug, letting Juan also shake his hand. My dad doesn't pull him into a hug, but instead keeps him a safe distance away, which almost makes me laugh.

"Cami!" Jackie squeals excitedly, pulling me into a tight hug. "I've missed you."

I squeeze her, rocking us back and forth. I can hear Juan and Cesar introducing themselves, but I don't feel like letting go of my little sister yet. "I missed you too." I smile, letting go after a few more seconds.

"It's nice to meet you, Jackie." Juan smiles, giving Jackie a quick hug.

"You too." she nods quickly, fidgeting with her hands. I bite back a smile at how nervous and starstuck she has suddenly become.

I pull Cesar into a tight hug. "Hello, brother." I giggle, giving him a kiss on the cheek. The happiness I experience when I'm around my siblings and parents is unlike any other.

"Hello, Sister." he says back, giving me another tight squeeze before pulling away.

I turn to my mom who is watching us with a smile on  her face from the stove. "So what's for dinner?" I ask, pulling Juan into my side.

"Mole." she says. "Juan, have you ever had it?"

He shakes his head slowly. "I don't think so, no."

"El mole es muy rico." she nods, giving him a sweet smile. "Te va gustar."

Juan chuckles lightly and tells her she's probably right.

***

"So," Cesar clears his throat, fixing his posture in his seat. "you're done with your tour, right?" Juan nods. "What are your plans now that the tour is over?"

We finished dinner a couple of minutes ago, and I can tell my family is about to pull out their list of questions. Dinner was full of small talk, now we're getting to the real conversations.

"I don't have any set plans, really." he shakes his head. "I'll definitely just be chilling for a couple of months. Probably between LA and Medellin." he smiles, shrugging. "I'll have to start working on a new album soon as well."

Cesar nods, looking satisfied with his answer. He turns his gaze to Jackie who is next to him. "Are you gonna have Camila go with you wherever you go?" she asks. "Are you gonna steal my sister from me for another year again?" her eyes narrow, her arms go over her chest.

My eyes widen as I look over at Juan. I mentally thank Jackie for the question, because it's also something I've been asking myself since the tour ended. What does he want for us next? "It's honestly up to her." Juan shrugs, looking down at me with a small smile. "I'd love for her to be with me everywhere I go, but that's ultimately up to her. I know she probably has her own things that she wants to do as well."

"Uh," I choke up as everyone's eyes shift to me, waiting to hear what I have to say on the topic. "it's something Juan and I haven't discussed yet." I answer honestly, looping my arm around Juan's. I rest my head on his shoulder and shrug. "I guess we'll just have to see where life takes us."

Jackie smiles, nodding. "I like that."

I get nervous as I see who's next in line to ask their question: Dad. I narrow my eyes at him, willing him not to ask anything too crazy. "I just want to know that your intentions are pure with Camila. That you intend on making this a long lasting relationship. That you don't plan on hurting her, lying to her, cheating on her. Are you gonna do any of those things?"

"No, sir." Juan shakes his head quickly, placing a hand on my thigh, under the table. "I love Camila very much. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her."

My dad nods, semi-satisfied with the answer. He looks over at my mom who looks at both Juan and I with stars in her eyes. "I'm just happy that you guys are happy." she shrugs, smiling at us.

"We are." I nod, looking around the table. "Very happy."

And I truly am.

A/n
A little chapter in honor of Juan's golden birthday that's today!! You guys, I think the next chapter will be the last for this book! I feel it's time to end it, and move on to others. I already have another story in the works, and will be posting a few chapters of it as soon as the last chapter of 11:11 comes out. Let me know if you guys would like me to post a mini description of the new book on my conversation board, I would gladly do so! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'll make the next and final chapter extra long for you guys <3