Seventy-One

"How'd we do?" asks Sabrina on our way back to the hotel. It was just a quick stop, we were only picking up our suitcases and going to the airport.

I nod slowly. "Good. I think. I honestly didn't watch. I just stayed in the dressing rooms." having Juan pop up in my mind and not make his exit until hours later, always put me in a bad mood. Why can't I just stop thinking about him altogether?

"Oh, okay." she nods. "Well I'm super excited about Paris, aren't you? That'll be super fun." she perks up, trying to get me in the same mood as her. I know she can tell I'm not in a great mood anymore.

I nod, yawning. I lean my head against my seat, and look out at the city lights. "Yeah, I am. My friend texted me not too long ago to let me know she's gonna come to the show. Tickets were all sold out, but I'm gonna ask Juan if he can make something work. Even if it's just her watching from backstage" I shrug.

"That's so exciting! It'll be fun for the three of us to hang out. I'm sure she's great."

I look back over at her and nod, smiling. "That's what I told her. I'm glad you agree." Sabrina really is just the sweetest girl ever. I knew she would love the idea of getting to know Sofia.

"You okay?" she asks, nudging me.

I nod quickly. "Yeah, just tired."

***

I slept through our entire flight to Madrid, which really wasn't all that long, but I definitely felt a million times better once I woke up. It helped clear my mind. What didn't help was the fact that I'd have to talk to Juan about Sofia coming to the show in Paris.

"When are you asking Juan about your friend coming to the show?" Sabrina asks as we walk into the hotel.

I shrug. "Maybe tomorrow before the show."

"I mean he's right over there." she shrugs, pointing to the receptionists desk now that we're in the lobby. He was just standing there, checking in I think.

I feel my heart drop at the sight of him. "No, I'm just gonna ask him tomorrow. I'm super sleepy." I yawn out, hoping it sounded realistic. "I'll talk to him tomorrow at the concert." talking to him again was something I had to mentally prepare myself for. And I hadn't mentally prepared myself yet. I would be ready to talk to him tomorrow.

"Okay..." she nods slowly. "This is always my least favorite part." Sabrina groans, glaring at the long line of girls waiting to get their keys from the receptionist.

It was mine too, but I kind of liked it at the same time. Finally reaching what was going to be your bed for the next few nights was the best feeling after a long, annoying flight and the long wait in line to get your key. Reaching that bed after a long day was the best feeling in the world.

"We'll talk later." after another fifteen minutes of waiting in line, Sabrina and I finally had our keys and we had finally reached our floor. We usually ended up on the same floor.

Sabrina nods, beginning to walk in the opposite direction of me. "Yeah." she smiles, waving at me as I begin to enter the key into the door.

***

"I missed getting ready for the shows." I smile, looking at Sabrina who's concentrated on curling her long blonde hair.

She nods, setting the curling wand. "It's always fun. You look great by the way." she smiles.

"Thanks." tonight's look was just a basic black body suit with an extremely low cut that left little to the imagination. I don't have large breasts, but this outfit definitely doesn't it make it look that way. We wore fishnets under them. My dark brown hair was curled, just like everybody else's, and as for my makeup, a black smokey eye and nude lips to match the theme of the outfit. "You do too." I nod, giving her a small smile.

I was nervous

I was nervous. Real nervous. I was going to ask Juan about Sofia coming to our next show in Paris tonight, and the thought of actually talking to him after so many weeks had my stomach in knots. I hated how nervous and uneasy I felt.

There's a knock on the door of the dressing room and Miguel peeps his head through the door. "Is everyone dressed?" he asks, covering his eyes with his hands. He uncovers them once he's gotten a few 'yes's. "Alright," he claps his hands together, clearing his throat. "the show starts in about twenty minutes. I need all of you ready in ten, okay?" he asks, and everyone nods, including myself. "Okay, I'll see you guys in a bit."

With my heart beating loudly in my ears, I follow after Miguel, calling after him once we're both out of the dressing room and away from all of the girls. He turns, and nods when he sees it's just me. "Where's Juan?" I ask nervously.

"In his dressing room..." he trails off, looking at me weird. "Why? What's up?"

I clasp my hands behind my back, clearing my throat. "I just have a question to ask him. Think I can go in there for just a few minutes?"

"Nothing that'll distract him from the show?" he asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

I shake my head quickly. "Not at all. It's just a favor I wanted to ask." I shrug, looking down at my feet nervously.

"Oh. Okay, yeah." he nods, pointing at the room next to ours. "He's in there alone. Go ahead." he turns his attention to his phone, beginning to walk away.

I nod, letting out a deep breath as I walk over to the shut door. Before I convince myself to walk away and forget asking him anything, my hand knocks on the door quickly. "Come in!" I hear Juan's voice from the other side of the door, and my nerves shoot through the roof I open the door slowly.