Thirty-Four

Juan didn't follow me back to my room. I don't know if I was happy that he didn't follow me or mad because he didn't care enough to come see how I was. I wouldn't have told him, but still, knowing that he cared would have been nice.

After I got back to my room last night, I put my phone on silent and went straight to bed. As much as I hate to admit it, even just the thought of Juan sleeping with somebody else hurts me. And the fact that he most likely did sleep with some other girl last night made me feel sick to my stomach, and I hope he didn't know that. Him knowing how strong my feelings are make me vulnerable. And that's he last thing I would ever want to be. Especially after what I went through with Nate.

***

I wake up to the sound of knocking at the door. I stumble out of bed, fixing my hair, opening the door slightly to see who's there. I roll my eyes, going to shut the door when I see its Juan. He quickly stops me from shutting the door, holding his hand up to stop it. "Can we talk?" he asks, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I swing the door open, turning around and walking farther into the room, giving him the choice of leaving or coming in. Of course he comes in. "What, Juan?" I snap, leaning against the wall.

He gulps nervously. "Look, last ni—"

"Don't." I stop him, shaking my head. "It's none of my business what you did or didn't do." hopefully didn't.

"But I swear I did—"

"Stop. I get it. I ended things so you moved on along to the next girl who was lined up. It's fine." I look down, picking at my nails. "I'm sure it's been this way from the second we starting this whole thing too."

He shakes his head frantically. "No! I swear! I never slept with anybody but you when we had our whole deal going on."

Before I can even open my mouth to say anything, my phone begins buzzing loudly on the side table next to the bed. I want to ignore it but something inside me tell me that I should answer. I sigh, walking over to the phone, picking it up, I see it's Jackie. "Hello?" I ask, waiting to hear her cheerful 'Hey!' back.

Im taken aback when I hear her sniffing, clearly crying. "C-Cami." okay, shes definitely crying.

My eyes widen. "Jackie. What happened?" I ask, my heartbeat quickening by the second.

"It's Dad." she sobs out.

"Jackie! Cálmate. Give me the phone." I hear my Mom in the background. Jackie's shaky voice is quickly replaced by my Moms calm soothing one.

"What happened Mom?!" I ask, loudly, quickly getting frustrated that nobody is answering me. I look over to see Juan, who is also clearly curious as to why I'm freaking out.

"Mija, calm down. Y-Your Father was in an accident." my knees give out and Juan is instantly there, catching me before I can hit the floor. He quickly shifts me onto the bed.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Juan asks, his concern clear.

I simply shake my head, putting the phone back up to my ear. "What kind of an accident, Mom? Is he okay?" I ask, trying to keep myself together.

"We're not sure yet..." tears immediately spring up into my eyes. The fact that Juan is still sitting next to me is the only thing keeping me from crying. "We were just notified that he was in an accident a few hours ago. The doctors haven't come out to give us any information yet."

"What kind of an accident, Mom?" I insist impatiently.

"A car accident." when she hears my sharp intake she quickly speaks up again. "You have to stay calm, Camila. I'm sure he'll be fine." even I know she doesn't believe that last sentence.

"I'm flying out to LA, Mom." my voice comes out shaky.

"What?! No, Camila. Don't. We just wanted to let you know what was going on. There's no need for you to come all the way here." she says sternly.

"It's not up for debate, Mom. I'm going." I say back.

"What about your job?"

I look over at Juan who is chewing on his bottom lip anxiously. "I'll figure it out. See you in a bit. I love you, Mom." and with that, I hang up the phone.

I squeeze my eyes shut, breathing in, and out. Maybe this will help with the intense urge of balling my eyes out. "W-What happened?" Juan asks, cautiously.

I open my eyes, but keep my head down. "My Dad." I say lowly. "He was in a car accident. The Doctors haven't told my family anything about how he is." clearing my throat, I look up at him. Regret immediately washes over me. The pitiful look on his face just makes the tears spring back. I want to cry. What's worse is that I want him to hold me, to tell me that everything's gonna be okay, to let me cry in his arms.