Seventeen

"So, what are you wearing tonight?" Asks Sabrina as we make our way up to my room. We had run into each other after I left Juan at the breakfast bar.

I shrug, opening the door. Walking in, I throw myself onto the bed. "I'm not sure yet. Depends where we're going." I only half sit up by holding myself up with my elbows.

"I was thinking just going to the bar and casino that's downstairs in the lobby." she looks down, tapping away at her phone.

I nod. "That could work." when she doesn't even acknowledge me I sit up all the way. "Who are you texting?" I ask curiously.

She looks up quickly. "Ben. He was supposed to be coming with me on this vegas trip but I guess things didn't work out. Now I'm gonna have to wait a couple more weeks." she pouts, leaning back in her seat.

I laugh. "Aww, it's so cute when you're at that stage where you can't be away from the person you're dating."

She grins. "Yeah, but that's usually at the beginning of a relationship. We've been dating for two and a half years and it's still not gone."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." I sigh. "I wish I even had a little bit of that."

She plops down next to me. "You will. Maybe you just pick the worst possible men to be your boyfriends." she shrugs.

I scoff. "And Juan Luis is a good choice?"

She giggles, shaking her head. "It was just a little suggestion that I've made a couple of times."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. So, I don't need to go all out for tonight, right?" I ask.

She shrugs. "I guess not. Let's pick something out." she grabs my hand, dragging me off of my bed.

I groan. "Ughhhh. Fine."

***

After going through all of my clothes, I decide on this outfit:

"I love it! You look sophisticated yet sexy at the same time." Says Sabrina after I've let her back into my room. All she did was suggest super inappropriate things for me to wear, so when I realized that she was of no use, I kinda kicked her out.

I laugh. "Thanks. It took me forever to figure something out."

She nods, looking around my room. "I can see that. It looks like a tornado passed through here."

She was right. I had articles of clothing scattered all over the place. To be honest, I didn't know why I was trying so hard to look good, but I was.

"Are you ready?" I ask Sabrina who's just seated, picking at her nails.

She looks up quickly, nodding. "Yes!" she hooks our arms together. "Let's go! Everybody is probably already downstairs."

Maybe I'd let loose tonight and actually have real fun. Who knows.

***

I was wrong. I was not having "fun" at all. Sabrina had already left me to go talk to a bunch of other girls that were just as drunk as she was. Which were pretty much all of the girls we came with in the first place.

The hotel was split up into two parts. The bar/lounge was in one side and the casino was in the other side. Right now, I'm sitting completely alone at the bar. All I can hear are the low hums of people's conversations along with the sounds of slot machines being played.

The bar is beautiful and peaceful as of right now.

I'm playing with the little straw in my glass when I feel my phone vibrating in my purse

I'm playing with the little straw in my glass when I feel my phone vibrating in my purse. I quickly reach for it, taking it out. I'm a little bit in shock when I see that Juan is calling me. I answer, putting the phone up to my ear slowly. "Yes...?"

"You look miserable. Come sit with me." I hear him chuckling through the phone.

I can feel my eyebrows knitting in confusion. "What? Where are you?" I ask looking around the bar. I roll my eyes when I see him sitting across the bar, also alone, on one of those comfy looking couches.

He's smiling at me from across the room. I can feel my heartbeat getting faster. "Well what if I want to be alone?" I ask narrowing my eyes at him.

He chuckles, shaking his head. "Just come sit with me."

I sigh, hanging up the phone. I turn back around, grabbing my drink, and then slowly make my way towards him. I try to ignore the huge knot I can feel forming in my stomach with each step I take. Once I've reached him, I take a seat next to him.

"Why are you sitting all alone?" he asks curiously.

It's like I'm only a nervous mess when he isn't talking to me. The second he starts talking to me, my nervousness goes away. It must just be a physical thing I have going for him.

I shrug. "Sabrina and literally every other girl we came with got super drunk soo now I'm all alone. I didn't feel like dealing with a bunch of emotional drunk girls." I roll my eyes, taking a sip of my drink.

"Do you even know where they are?" he asks, laughing.

I shake my head. "Nope. I probably should have gone with them because I'm the only somewhat sober one, but it's fine."

He chuckles. "Somewhat sober?" he asks.

I nod. "Im only a little bit tipsy, not drunk enough to have actually enjoyed going god knows where with all of those drunk girls."

He nods. "Yeah."

We sit in comfortable silence before he looks over at me and smiles. "You wanna come up to my room? We can have a few drinks. I have a bar up there." Of course he does.

At this moment, I'm bored, annoyed that I've been left alone by my friend, and I see nothing wrong with going up and having a few drinks with him so I say, "Sure, why not."