Thirty-Three

"Can you please just drop it?" I beg Sabrina as we walk back up to my room. We'd just come back from the pool and I was not in the mood for her interrogation. She didn't believe that there was nothing going on between Juan and I. She knew that Juan had never been that way towards me so she wasn't convinced when I told her that nothing had happened between the two of us.

"But you're clearly lying! Whyyy? If you're lying it has to be something serious." she pouts like a child would.

I roll my eyes, putting card into the slot thingy, opening the door. "It's nothing! Seriously, he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today." I shrug, jumping onto the big comfy bed.

She follows closely behind, groaning. "But he wasn't like that with me this morning. It wasn't until he saw you and I brought you up that he turned so cold. I mean, he almost kicked me out of his room when I mentioned your name!" she exclaims, leaning against the wall.

I sit up straighter in my seat. "What? When did you bring me into a conversation?"

She shrugs picking at her nails. "I don't know. I think it was when I brought up Ben and how happy I was that I would finally get to see him again." she looks up at me. "And then...I brought up how excited I was for you to meet him too. That's when he freaked. He just stiffened at your name, he just wasn't into the conversation anymore. And when I asked what was wrong, he just blew up. He asked me why we had to talk about you and then he asked me change the subject."

I nod slowly, trying to keep my composure. He's being so childish about this. I mean, he hasn't even spoken one word to me since I told him that I wanted to end whatever it was we had. Well, except for this morning but that was just plain rude.
I miss the playful, flirty, and just all around kind Juan. But nooo, we had to go and fuck everything up with feelings. What we had was good—perfect, actually. And now he can't even look at me without giving me a hateful glare.

"Camila!" I feel Sabrina shake me back to reality. "You completely zoned out! Did you even hear what I said?" she asks, cocking up an eyebrow at me suspiciously.

I shake my head slowly. "Uh, no. No I didn't. Sorry. What did you say?" I ask looking up at her.

She rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was saying that I can't wait for you to meet Ben! He's heard all about you." she squeals excitedly.

I laugh. "Oh yeah? Well I hope it's all good things he's heard."

She nods, smiling. "Of course!"

***

After I finally get Sabrina to leave, I hop in the shower before settling into bed. I toss and turn for about an hour before letting out a frustrated groan and sitting up. I reach over to the side table, grabbing my phone and checking the time. It's 11:15.

Before I even give myself a second to change my mind, I'm out the door and making my way to Juan's room. Suddenly, I'm extremely grateful that in the midst of all of Sabrina's rambling, she told me which room Juan way staying in.

In all honesty, I don't know what I was going to say to Juan when he opened the door. Maybe I would tell him he pissed me off with a passion sometimes, right now being one of those times. Maybe I would tell him that I actually really liked him. That I was slowly starting to fall for him before this whole thing blew up in our faces. Maybe I would know once I saw his face. I'm chewing my lip nervously when I hear footsteps getting closer, when it takes a minute for him to open the door I assume it's because he's checking the little peep hole on the door. It's so quiet in the hallway I can here him curse under his breath before opening the door.

Huh. I thought maybe I would have a clear answer of what I wanted to tell him the second I saw him. His eyes are wide, and he's scratching the back of his neck nervously. He looks very nervous. "Cami!
H-hey. What's...what's up?" he asks quietly, trying to slowly shuffle himself out of the room.

"Hey, Juan." I cross my arms over my body nervously, not really knowing what to say. "I came to talk abo—"

"Who's there, Juan?" my eyes widen and my mouth snaps shut at the sound of a feminine voice coming from inside the room. I get the chance to see who was approaching the door, a brunette, before he completely steps out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I didn't get to see a face because of how fast he slams the door.

"Who was that?" I ask Juan, trying to keep my voice steady. I know who that is. It's some girl who he probably just slept with. It would explain why he's looks so nervous at the sight of me.

He goes to open his mouth but I stop him, shaking my head. "It's fine. You don't owe me any explanations." proud of the fact that I haven't let him see how hurt I truly am, I push past him and head towards the elevator, ignoring his calls out for me.