Sixty-Nine

Seeing Juan for the first time in a few weeks was...hard, to put it lightly. I felt my breath hitch when he shot me a subtle and small smile as he walked into dance practice early this morning. Dance practices really weren't as implemented into our everyday lives as I thought they would be at first. We really only have them after a pretty long break from the tour. Just to freshen up the dances and from then on, we all had the hang of it and would occasionally practice for about fifteen minutes before our shows. Very occasionally.

"You okay?" asks Sabrina quietly from besides me.

I nod, swallowing loudly. "Yeah, I'm fine." I nod again, taking my eyes off of him as he begins to do some stretches, and look over at Sabrina. "It's all good." I smile.

"If you say so..." she trails off, looking away.

I glare at her. "I'm fine." I repeat.

"I believe you." she nods.

"Whatever." I sigh, beginning to do stretches of my own.

***

"Are we going sightseeing tonight?" asks Sabrina excitedly as we walk out of practice.

I nod, shrugging. "We could go out for dinner if you want." we were in London for two nights and our next stop was Madrid for a few nights, which I am pretty excited for, and Paris after.

"Definitely." she nods excitedly. "Juan!" I feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach as Sabrina calls after Juan who's just ahead of us, walking with his earbuds in.

He slows, taking an earbud out, turning to look behind him. He looks at Sabrina and comes to a halt, seeing that it was her who called after him. "Hey." he waits for us to catch up, but I tug on Sabrina's arm before we can get close enough for him to really hear us.

"Yeah?"

I look at Juan who's still waiting for us to catch up and then back to her. "I'm gonna take a short cut to my room. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I'm really tired. I'm gonna take a nap, okay?" I ask, my eyes flickering back to Juan who is watching us with an eyebrow raised, his arms crossed over his chest as he waits. He's now moved to the side so that the rest of the dancers who are walking out of the studio can walk past him without any trouble. "I'll call you when I wake up. So we can find a place to have dinner, alright?"

"Yeah, ok-"

I don't wait for her to respond as I turn around and make a beeline in the opposite direction of her and Juan. The 'shortcut' that I made up on the spot ended up taking me at least ten extra minutes for me to find my room. This hotel is huge, much like all the others we usually stay in. But once I find a way to my room, I shut the door behind me and crawl into bed almost immediately.

***

"So avoiding Juan is what you're doing now?" Sabrina smirks, giving me a knowing look as our food gets served.

I roll my eyes. "That's not what I was trying to do."

"Camila, I don't know if you think I'm stupid or what your deal is." she says, keeping a straight face. "Juan isn't stupid either." she says, taking a sip of her drink.

My eyes widen slightly. "What are you talking about?"

"He picked up on it too." she shrugs. "It was obvious."

I sigh, shaking my head. "Fuck."

"Why did you do it?" she asks curiously. "I thought you were 'fine'." she says, rolling her eyes.

I shrug. "Just because I'm cool with him now doesn't mean I want to talk to him all day everyday. If I'm moving on, I can't be around him as much as I used to be."

"You really shouldn't have to put this much space in between the two of you in order for this whole getting over him thing to be successful. Not if you're actually ready and want to get over him, anyway." she says, crossing her arms over her chest as she sits back in her seat.

I roll my eyes. "Okay, whatever. Whenever you want to hang out with him, just please don't try dragging me into it as well. Please." I plead, shaking my head.

"Okay, fine. I'm gonna miss the three of us talking though." she says sadly.

I nod. "Yeah, but for now, I just can't. I'm sorry." I frown. "Maybe when I really am over him we can all start hanging out again. As friends." I give her an encouraging smile.

"You're scared you'll fall even more in love with him instead of out of love if you're around him too much, aren't you?" she asks after a few moments of silence.

I inhale sharply, nodding slowly. "Maybe." I admit honestly. "I don't want to risk it." I shake my head quickly.

"Yeah." she smiles sadly, nodding and I hate the pitty that oozes from her voice. "I understand. I won't make you hang around him. Promise."