Forty-Nine

I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. Our tongues fight for dominance, as he moves me onto him lap so that I'm straddling him. His hands go up my baggy t-shirt, feeling the skin on my back. I pull away slowly. "Seriously, Juan. You can talk to me about it." I whisper, looking down and caressing his face gently.

He sighs, leaning his head back against the headboard. "There's nothing to talk about. I never want to see his face again."

"Are you pressing charges?" I ask, moving to get off of him. He holds a grip on my hips, shaking his head. I give him a small smile and nod.

He shakes his head. "No. I would never do that. As mad as I am at him, I would never press charges."

I smile, playing with the hair on the back of his neck. "You're too good of a person to ever do that to someone you've cared about for so long."

"As much as I wish I didn't, I still care about the asshole." he shakes his head.

"That's normal, Juan." I nod.

"I just wish I didn't, ya know?" he looks up at me and I nod. "Anyway, I went looking for him at his place, but could find him, of course. I was just so mad, and didn't want to come home so angry, so I just went to a bar and cooled off."

My eyes widen. "That was you more cooled off?" I ask in shock.

He chuckles, nodding. "Yeah, I was pretty mad." his face turns serious again. "It's not even everything that was stolen that I'm mad about, its the fucking betrayal. Like, I've known him since before I even had all of this," he gestures at the huge room we're in. "I really felt he was like a brother to me. Now I don't even know who I can and cant trust."

I shake my head. "No, you cant start thinking like that. Not just because he did this to you everyone else is."

"You should take your own advice." he says, giving me a knowing look.

I stay quiet for a few moments. "You should get some rest." I say, ignoring his comment. I get off of him.

"I really wish you'd stay." he says as I get off of the bed.

I smile, rolling my eyes. "Fine." I get back on the bed and scoot closer to him. Hesitantly, I rest my head on his chest.

"I didn't ask for all this." the amusement is clear in his voice.

"I'll leave if that's what you want." I warn, rolling my eyes.

He chuckles. "No, you're fine. I like it." I say nothing. The line between friends and more than just friends is blurring very quickly, and I don't know how to feel about that. Memories of him saying that he's in love with me last night come flashing back. Yeah, we definitely aren't sticking to 'just friends' for now for much longer.

After a few minutes, I look up to see that he's asleep. He looks so peaceful. I cant help but look at every one of his features, in awe of how perfect he is. Why cant I just fully give myself to him? Why does this have to be so hard for me? He's everything I've ever wanted, which makes this all so much more frustrating to me. I want to love him, but cant. Or maybe I already do love him, I don't know. This is all so confusing to me. Although I know he probably doesn't remember saying that he loved me, I know he would have absolutely no problem letting me know it. I wish it were that easy for me.

"Are you done staring at me?" I jump when Juan begins to talk. He keeps his eyes closed, but the smirk on his face never leaves.

"You scared me!" I say, hitting his chest playfully.

He opens his eyes and looks down at me. "I know I'm a masterpiece, but maybe you could try not looking at me."

I roll my eyes, trying to hide a smile. "Whatever."

"I would probably do the same to you." he smiles, caressing the ridge of my browbone with the pad of his thumb. "You're so beautiful, Cami. Have I ever told you that?"

I nod, smiling slightly. "Multiple times."

"Well its true. Just wanted you to know that." he says quietly.

"T-Thank you." I say, watching his hungry gaze that's on my lips. "Juan, maybe we shouldn't..." I say as he lets one hand rest on the nape of my neck.

He leans his head closer to me. "Shouldn't what?" he asks, whispering.

I feel my mouth run dry. "Shouldn't do this." I say, resting my hand on top of his. As much as I wish I could just take his hand off of me, I don't want to. It feels like an eternity since he and I have slept together, and I want him so much more then I would ever like to admit.

Just as he's about to press his lips against mine, the doorbell rings.