Sixty-Four

"I still cant beleive you did more partying while touring than you did with me, your best friend." Sofia sighs, shaking her head.

I laugh. "Hey, I went out with you the other night."

She nods. "I guess so. Anyway, Danny and Vanessa wanted me to ask you if you're up for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, of course. I barely get to see them. Tell them I said yeah." I hadnt seen Danny since that night they surprised me at the club Sofia had dragged me to. It had been a really long time now that I think of it.

"Okay, I'll let them know. That should be fun." she smiles.

I nod. "Yeah."

"So, when you go back, where is your first stop?" she asks.

"Uh, I'm not sure. I have to check my email."

She laughs. "You literally have the coolest job ever. You get to just travel the world doing what you love."

I let out a small smile. "Yeah, I guess I do, dont I?"

"Definitely."

"I really have to get you to come with me to one of the shows."

She nods quickly. "Preferibly Paris or Milan. Or both."

I laugh loudly. "I'll see what I can work out for you."

"That would be so fun."

I nod. "It would be. Yeah, I'll talk to Juan about it."

"You dont think he'll be super petty now?"

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "I already told you, we're on good terms. Almost like friends. But not really friends, because I think that's too close for us right now."

She laughs, shaking her head. "I dont think you'll be able to hold that up for long."

"Can everyone just have faith in me? I have some self control." I roll my eyes again.

"Alright, alright. I have faith in you."

***

I get into the backseat of Sofia's car to see Danny looking at me with a small smile. "Danny!" I exclaim, hugging him tightly.

He squeezes my waist, chuckling. "Hey, Camila."

"I haven't seen you in so long." I laugh, settling into my seat. Sofia is driving, Vanessa is in the passengers side, and Danny and I are sitting in the back. "Hey Vanessa." I smile, touching her shoulder over the seat gently. Vanessa had joined Sofia and I in going to a club just a few nights ago, so I had already seen her.

"It has been a while, huh?" he nods.

"Yeah." I smile in agreement.

Sofia turns in her seat. "So, we're just going out for dinner?" she asks.

I nod. "Yes. Just dinner."

She rolls her eyes. "Ugh, fine."

I laugh. "Thank you."

***

Even though we stuck to just going out for dinner, everyone may or may not have had a few too many drinks. I was just feeling a bit tipsy, but Vanessa and Sofia were definitely drunk. Danny was pretty much at the same level as me. Just barely starting to feel a small buzz. "Okay, how about Danny drives everyone home and tomorrow I'll just take Sofia over to your place to pick up her car?" I suggest to Danny once we're all outside of the car.

Sofia nods. "Sounds good to ne."

"Yep" Vanessa agrees.

Danny nods as well. "Yeah, that's fine with me." I get into the front seat with Danny and let Vanessa and Sofia sit in the back. "Who am I dropping off first?"

"You can drop me off last." I say. "Vanessa and Sofia are the ones who need to get home first." I laugh, looking behind me to already see them halfway asleep.

He chuckles, nodding. "Yeah, okay."

And so we drop off Vanessa first, and then Sofia, Danny helping them each into their apartments. "They even managed to get wasted at dinner." Danny chuckles, as we drive out of Sofia's parking lot.

I laugh, nodding. "Yeah."

"I'm assuming you don't need my help getting into your apartment?" he asks once we've pulled up to the front of my building ten minutes later.

I smile, shaking my head. "Nope, I should be all good." I turn to look at him, and stare at him for a second before speaking again. "You don't want to come up? I'll give you a cup of coffee or something. Help you get completely rid of the buzz." I suggest with a shrug.

He lets out a small laugh, nodding. "You know, I'd actually hoped you would say something like that."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Really?" he nods. "Okay, well then come on, let's go."

He chuckles, beginning to look for a parking space. "Alright."