Five

Our first day of rehearsals were pretty easy. I've done harder moves in the past. Pretty much all we had to do was rub all up on Juan which sure, I wasn't a fan of but I'd already taken the job and I really was starting to need the money. Besides, after finding out that Nathan cheated on me, I probably would've gone crazy just being stuck at home with nothing to do.

I'm wiping the sweat from my forehead with a small towel when I feel somebody tap my shoulder. I turn to see Juan in front of me.

"Oh. Hi." turning back, I begin to put my stuff back into the small bag that I had brought with me.

"Can I take you to breakfast?" he asks taking a seat next to my bag.

I turn my gaze to him. "No thanks." zipping up the bag and throwing it over my shoulder, I turn and begin to walk away.

His footsteps are heard from behind me. "Why? Aren't you hungry?" he asks with a confused look on his face after he's caught up with me.

I shrug. "I kind of am but I want to get in the shower before I go anywhere." after opening the door and walking out I try to speed up my walking to see if maybe he'll just stop following me.

"Can I go by your hotel room and pick you up from there in like an hour then?" he asks, also picking up the speed of his steps.

I shake my head. "No, it's fine. I'll probably just order room service or something and stay in for the rest of the day." by this point we're at the elevator.

"Come on, the hotel has a lot of good restaurants. Let me take you somewhere." he insists.

I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. "Seriously, Juan. I'm tired. I don't want to go to breakfast with you. Thanks but no thanks." I place my hand on his shoulder. "You're staying here right?"

He nods. "Great, if I change my mind i'll find you, okay?" I say smiling.

"Fine. I'll be waiting for you." he leans in, kissing my cheek softly. "Bye, Cami." he smirks while walking away.

I roll my eyes as the elevator doors open.

***

I jump into the shower and quickly change to go out and pick something up to eat. I know I said I was tired but my hunger outweighed my sleepiness. I put on a white  off the shoulder sweater with a pair of army green pants and a couple of necklaces.

I quickly make my way down to the lobby where all of the restaurants are. After walking around for a little while, I find a restaurant that looks pretty good. Yes, I was going to eat alone. I was hungry as hell and I didn't care if I looked like a lonely loser. "Hi, can you get me a table for o—"

"Two please." I can hear Juan's voice from behind me. Sure enough he slides in next to me.

The lady smiles with a nod. "Let me just go see what tables we have available."

"What are you doing?" I ask, turning to face him with my arms over my chest.

He shrugs. "You came to find me. Come on, you weren't actually about to eat alone in here, right?" he asks.

I look away from him. "So what if I was? How did you even find me here?" I ask in annoyance.

"I was walking around and I saw you walk in here." he answers rocking back and forth.

"Oh. Well I seriously don't need you to eat with me. I'm fine." I say.

"Come right this way." says the lady motioning for us to follow her.

Juan puts his hand on my lower back, forcing me to walk with him. "I want to eat with you." he says into my ear which causes the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up.

After we're seated I begin to look at the menu. I look up to see Juan just looking at me. "What are you looking at?" I ask, putting my attention back to the menu.

"You're even prettier in person." he says with a shrug. "That's all."

I roll my eyes. "Thanks I guess." I say trying to keep my focus on the menu and not the goody smile he's giving me.

"Why are you so serious? Are you always like this or are you just like this around me?" he asks.

"I don't trust you." I say bluntly, looking back at my menu.

"What? Why?!" he asks in shock.

I shrug. "I just don't."

He sits back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest. "You don't trust me because of what you've heard about me, right?" he asks.

The waitress comes with our drinks and takes our orders. "Answer my question. You just don't trust me based off of what you've heard about me, right?" he nods.

I open my mouth to say something but nothing seems to come out. "I—uh, I don't know." I say taking a drink of my coffee.

He chuckles in amusement. "Everybody judges me based off of what they hear about me. It's not all true, you know." he says, the laughter in his voice now fully gone.

"So, you being sexist in not all, but most of your songs isn't true?" I ask, challenging him.

He rolls his eyes. "That's Maluma singing, not Juan Luis. We're two different people. I'm Juan Luis." he says patting his chest. "The guy up on stage is somebody completely apart from me. Sure I come up with those songs but at the end of the day, they're just songs. I have so much more respect for women then my songs show."

"Fine. What about all of the sleeping around with different girls every week? That's fake?" I ask.

He laughs. "Okay, maybe you've got me there."

I roll my eyes. Just when I was starting to think he was alright.