Eighty-One

"See? That wasn't too bad, was it?" I ask Juan as we enter my apartment.

We left dinner with my parents a little bit ago, and have finally made it back home. I would say dinner was a success, everyone seemed to like him.

"No, I'm still terrified of your father."

I laugh, nudging him playfully. "Stop it. He liked you. I can tell."

"Are you sure?" he asks, still sounding unsure. It's cute how much he cares about whether or not my family liked him.

I make my way to him, and take a seat next to him on my couch. "Yes." I take his face in my hands, nodding. "He loved you." okay, maybe a tad bit of an exaggeration, but I'm sure it'll make him feel slightly better.

"Even more then you?"

I laugh at this, throwing my head back. "Nobody loves you as much as I do." I look back at him, his face still in my hands. He's watching me with a goofy smile. "Nobody." I shake my head, kissing him.

It's true. These past six months since Juan and I have been officially back together have been amazing. I cant believe I went so many years in relationships where I didn't feel like this. I love Juan so much more than I ever though was imaginable. Never in a million years did I ever think Id fall in love with him, much less fall this hard for him. It's so beautiful and scary at the same time.

Juan's and I's relationship is private, but not secret. We post each other on social media from time to time, and the fans have connected the dots, they know I'm one of his former backup dancers. Thankfully the hate hasn't been too bad. I think his fans can tell we're truly happy with one another, and I think that's all his true fans really care about. Everybody on the team was shocked when they found out, so that tells me that despite all the problems we've had leading up to now, we never made it obvious enough that people knew something was up with us. I'm glad nobody had any idea.

"So," he clears his throat once we've parted from our kiss. My arms are still around his neck, our faces just a few breaths away as I nod. "your sisters question got me thinking."

"Of..?" I ask out slowly.

"What's next for us?"

His tone is serious, and it makes me nervous. "I don't really know." I shrug. "What do you want next?" I ask, turning the question onto him.

"Honestly?" I nod, bracing myself for him to give me the honest truth. "I think we're perfect the way he are right now." I let out a sigh of relief, agreeing completely with him. "We don't need to change anything." he shrugs. "Not yet at least. I don't think we need any less than what we have right now, and I don't think we need anymore right now either."

"Okay good." I laugh lightly, relieved by his perfect response. "I agree."

He kisses me gently, smiling. "I mean don't get me wrong, I know you and I are gonna spend the rest of our lives together, so why rush anything when we have the rest of our lives?"

Had any other man in the world told me this, I'd immediately call bullshit, but it's Juan who's telling me this. I trust him, and I know we both feel the same exact way. Still, I'm human, and can't help but want the reassurance.

"You mean that?" I ask, blinking up at him.

He chuckles, nodding. "With everything in me. A hundred percent. I'm all in with you, Cami. Don't ever doubt that." I kiss him, happy with his response. "We just don't have to rush everything else when we're in such a good place right now. I want to enjoy this before we move onto the next thing."