Forty

"You're insane, Camila!" exclaims Sofia over the phone. I'm sitting in Juan's private jet, waiting patiently for it to take off. Juan is with the pilot talking some stuff over.

I laugh at how dramatic she's being. "I am not. Anyway, I'll be back in a few days to pack my stuff and then I'm coming back on tour."

She lets out a sigh. "Okay, Camila. I'll see you when you get back. Be safe! Oh, and make sure you stick to that 'just friends' rule until you're sure you want something with him." she exclaims before I can end the call.

I roll my eyes, smiling. "Will do. Bye Sofia." before she can get anything else in, I hang up. Just in time, Juan plops down next to me. "Hey." I smile.

"Hey. Who were you on the phone with?" he asks curiously.

"My best friend. She wanted to let me know how insane she thought I was for coming on this trip with you." I shrug, putting my phone in between my thighs. "I think she's wrong though."

"She definitely is." he nods.

"We'll see about that." I say closing my eyes, leaning my head against the head rest.

He lets out an offended gasp. "Okay, that was rude. Do you really doubt me?" he asks.

Not opening my eyes, I shrug. "I've learned not to completely trust people."

He nudges me hard enough for my eyes to snap open. "Well I'm going to prove you wrong. And thats a promise."

***

"Tío Juan!" I hear a rumble of laughter and steps when I emerge from Juan's bathroom.

Juan's thundering laugh is the only other sound that can be heard throughout the house. Well, more like mansion. I had arrived to Colombia along with Juan last night. Juan's house was beautifully built up in an isolated hill. The view was gorgeous, the modern look yet homey feel to it was gorgeous, the interior design was gorgeous. Everything about his house was breathtaking. I'm not wowed easily, but it's definitely safe to say that when Juan gave me the tour of his house, I was absolutely wowed.

I look over my outfit one last time before nervously walking down the stairs. I was wearing a loose white top with a pair of light washed jeans. I wasn't really sure who Juan was going to address me as. His girlfriend? No. His friend? I sure hope not.

All my questions are thrown out the window when Juan sees me finally reach the last step of his long, luxurious, clear glass staircase. "Mama, Tía, Apollo y Romeo, ella es Camila." he puts his hand on the small of my back and leads me to the four bright eyed people. The lady on the left with blonde hair and beautiful brown eyes like Juan's is, I'm assuming, Juan's mother. The gorgeous, incredibly fit women with dark brown hair and two little boys at her side is Juan's Aunt. Yurdi, I think he said. His Mothers name was Marlli, and the two little boys names where Apollo and Romeo, although I'm not sure who is who yet.

I give them a wide smile. "Hola.." Juan leads me to his mother first and then his aunt and then finishes off with the two little boys. I kneel down so that I'm at their height. "Y quien es el que cumple años hoy?" I ask, smiling up at them.

"Me!" says the little boy with beautiful brown curly locks. "I'm Romeo. It's my birthday today." he says proudly, puffing out his chest a bit.

My eyes widen. "You guys speak english?" I ask in shock.

They both nod excitedly. "Our Tío Juan signed us up for english classes." says the one who I now know is Apollo.

I look up at Juan and he just gives me a shrug and a smile. I turn back to the two cute boys. "So, how old are you?" I ask Romeo.

"I'm six."

"I'm five!" answers Apollo without me even having to ask.

I laugh lightly at the little ones excitement. "That's so cool!" I say to both boys. "Well, I brought presents for the both of you. They're waiting up in my room." their excitement makes my heart warm.

"Tu le entendiste? Yo no le entendí nada, Yurdi." says Juan's mother shaking her head.

"Yo le entendí mas o menos." Yurdi says with a shrug.

I laugh, standing up. "Es un gusto conocerlas."

"El gusto es nuestro." they both say in unison. "Ay, que bonita eres, you're so pretty." Yurdi says smiling at me.

"Gracias. Las dos de ustedes están bellas también."

And so we go on like that, just giving each other compliments while the two little boys play in the backyard and Juan holds my hand in his. Even though I know this isn't something 'friends' normally do, I don't say anything about it because honestly, it's just a nice gesture that doesn't have to mean too much. I'm glad that they never ask what we are. I'm glad that we don't have to worry about that right now.