Thirty-Nine

"I'm gonna go wait in the car." I pat Juan's chest with a tight smile.

He frowns. "Are you sure? I'll be done in a few."

It's just past midnight and Juan has been hard at work for at least four hours now. Don't get me wrong, I was super excited about getting to see Juan in his work zone—well, I did pretty much at every concert but this was different. This is the process that has to happen before he can even think about going on a world tour. Anyway, four hours later, I'm just plain bored. Every time Juan looked over at me through the clear glass of the recording booth I held up a big thumbs up and a wide smile, but I was honestly exhausted.

I shake my head. "No, no, no. Don't rush because of me. I just remembered that my Sofia wanted me to call her a few hours ago and I never got the chance. Can I have your keys?" He has just come out to take a little 'break' so I took it as a chance to take a break for myself.

He reaches for his pocket and hands the keys smirking. "Try not to steal my car, please."

I roll my eyes playfully, beginning to walk away. "I can't make any promises." I say loudly over my shoulder.

***
I jolt awake when the door opens. I quickly sit up and act as if I've been up this whole time. "Hey, Juan!" I say excitedly.

He smiles sadly. "You were asleep, weren't you?"

I shrug. "Maybe."

He chuckles, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, Cami. I just really wanted to get through that song."

"Well did you? Get through the song, I mean." I ask, closing my eyes and snuggling deeper into his comfy seats.

"Nope."

My eyes snap open. "Wow." I say, shaking my head while laughing.

"Sorry." His guilty smile makes me forget that it's now two in the morning.

"It's fine." I drum on my thighs, looking out the window. "Well, I'm no longer sleepy, sooo let's go do something."

His eyes widen. "At two in the morning?!"

I shrug. "Unless you're sleepy..."

He quickly shakes his head. "I'm not! I just don't think there's anywhere that's open at this time, Cami." he chuckles.

"Yeah...that's true."

His eyes light up. "Well, I have one place in mind." he quickly buckles up and backs out of his parking spot.

***

"Huh. This is interesting." I say getting out of the car. We're on top of a hill, looking out at LA. "You don't plan on killing me out here, do you?" when I look back to him, I'm momentarily stunned by his beauty. He's leaning against the car, smiling while shaking his head. His hands are crossed over his chest while his eyes look me over, maybe doing the same thing I'm doing right now.

"I'd like to see how things go with you first before that thought goes through my head." he chuckles.

I smile, turning back to see the beautiful city lights in front of us. "So, why here?" I ask curiously.

"Well, this is the only place I could think of. I come here a lot when I'm in LA. I use it to clear my mind."

I scoff. "What do you have to clear your mind of?"

I look behind me to see him sighing. He looks out into the sky. "Ay, Cami. You think that just because I'm rich and famous I don't have worries or problems?"

Shrugging, I look away from him. "No..Well, maybe."

"Well you're wrong. I have tons of stuff to worry about. What to write my next song about, who's using me for my fame and money, how to get over this this insanely beautiful girl who clearly isn't into me."

I frown, walking over to him. "You know I like you." he widens his stance, making enough room for me to go in between his legs. He pulls me into his chest gently.

"Come to Colombia with me." he says into my hair quietly.

I inhale, taking in the smell of his expensive cologne. Exhaling, I nod. "Okay."

He pulls me away quickly. "Seriously?!" he asks with wide eyes and a big smile.

I nod, slowly. "Yeah...I mean, I wasn't gonna give you an answer this quickly but, I have nothing else to do so, sure. Let's go to Colombia."

He leans in to kiss me but I quickly turn my head, causing him to plant a kiss on my cheek. I cringe when he pulls away with a confused look on his face. "I just think that if we want something more serious, we need to start off as friends again. Just friends. I'll go to Colombia with you as a friend."

His lips form in a tight line while he nods slowly. "Okay..." he lets out a chuckle, running his hands over his mouth. "Sorry, it's just...It's gonna be weird keeping my hands off you when all I want to do is to be touching you." this makes me feel the heat rush up to my neck and cheeks.

I smile, biting down on my bottom lip. "Yeah, I know the feeling." my eyes widen at the fact that I just admitted to feeling that way too. I clear my throat and continue quickly. "But I think it's for the best. For now."

He smiles, leaning down a planting a kiss on my cheek. "As long as it's only for now."